NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I heard it on 360, or if I read it somewhere but .. none of his team mates came in to back him, or support him, nor did it even look like being challenged. Why? Because everyone, even his own mates knew it was an absolute dog shot.

I hate to say it but Anasta has been getting more and more tolerable, he is actually about the only dissenting voice in discussions now.
Sometimes maybe, but he's also very dismissive of other people's opinions if they don't align with his own.

Like the Tino on Api incident early in the year he was going on about it every time a new person came onto the show, so every day and just about every segment.

Every person that came on had the opposite opinion to him, but he kept bringing it up to everyone to try and find one person that would align with him.

Even last night when they were talking about Latrell being lazy Read had an issue with the wording that Braith used... something like "Latrell isn't playing for the jersey", and Read was saying something like "it's a bad look, but you can't say he isn't playing for the jersey" ... Braith responded with you're off your head and wanted to bypass the opinion altogether.

He's constantly belittling in that sort of fashion where he just dismisses someone else's comment.

He led directly with the elbow
No way would the judiciary let him off on that one
That isn't a grade 2. I just don't agree with the severity. Gets the distraction away for the week I guess

Not sure if I heard it on 360, or if I read it somewhere but .. none of his team mates came in to back him, or support him, nor did it even look like being challenged. Why? Because everyone, even his own mates knew it was an absolute dog shot.
Of course it wouldn't have been challenged. I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty but I just don't agree it was that bad to warrant a sin bin and suspension. I thought a fine. Those guys were roasting him on NRL 360 and 100% footy and then said when the frizzell incident didn't think it was suspension worthy. Gould didnt think it was even a fine but I dont go much on that because of his prior calls. He nearly thinks decapitation is only a week

Sometimes maybe, but he's also very dismissive of other people's opinions if they don't align with his own.

Like the Tino on Api incident early in the year he was going on about it every time a new person came onto the show, so every day and just about every segment.

Every person that came on had the opposite opinion to him, but he kept bringing it up to everyone to try and find one person that would align with him.

Even last night when they were talking about Latrell being lazy Read had an issue with the wording that Braith used... something like "Latrell isn't playing for the jersey", and Read was saying something like "it's a bad look, but you can't say he isn't playing for the jersey" ... Braith responded with you're off your head and wanted to bypass the opinion altogether.

He's constantly belittling in that sort of fashion where he just dismisses someone else's comment.

True but in fairness, since Read has gone to 360, he has seemed to be off his head.

I have no idea where you get that.

Darius Boyd was never toxic. From all reports he was a complete professional and a good influence on players, so much so that we've hired him to work with Walsh.

Boyd's problem was he didn't know when to retire (probably because he loved the sport and the club) ... He's body failed him and he played 2 seasons too long

"It's only a game"

The Gender reveal

Some of his embarrassing efforts in defence

The bloke did not give a single shit in his final years.

I see Garrick has been ruled out with back fracture. No surprises given his tumble the other night.

Have to admit though I was in stitches when I saw him trying to chase down someone later on that evening, hobbling around. It kinda reminded me of the time Woolnough started chasing after Sandor Earl.
The kicker was one of the commentators mentionin Garrick had no acceleration while he was doing his best 80yo chase down impersonation.

The Woolnough chase is always my frame of reference as well.

"It's only a game"
Wasn't that said in the context of if I didn't realise it was only a game I'd blow my brains out? That he had to find some other purpose to his life to deal with his mental illness.

Darbs was clearly well past it, but I've always thought holding that quote against him was disingenuous.

I was surprised the MRC didn't give Latrell a slap on the wrist, but he definitely deserved to spend time. An elbow has no place in the game, let alone an elbow to the back of the head. If it was forceful, it should be a 10 week + suspension.

Taane should have copped something for his knees as well.

Darius was toxic. So was the decision to make him captain. And not drop him.

Wasn't that said in the context of if I didn't realise it was only a game I'd blow my brains out? That he had to find some other purpose to his life to deal with his mental illness.

Darbs was clearly well past it, but I've always thought holding that quote against him was disingenuous.

No concessions for mental health on these boards, I'm afraid. Toughen up or GTFO.

Darius was toxic. So was the decision to make him captain. And not drop him.
He wasn't a club leader but rather forced into the role because we lacked proper leaders at the club. The toxic people of the team were guys like Glenn, Kahu, Lodge and TPJ.

True but in fairness, since Read has gone to 360, he has seemed to be off his head.
Read is embarrassing, I wish he would stop claiming he is a Broncos fan, we don't want you! Nearly everytime he opens his mouth I cringe.

Are Souths challenging the Latrell suspension? I hear they aren't? I can't believe they aren't trying to get a downgrade for that. Every lawyer except Valentine Holmes relation could get him off that joke.
Why in the hell are you dying on this hill bro?
Intentional elbow to the back of the head.

Not even JWH gets off on that charge.

Braith can be hard to watch on NRL 360, but sometimes he has his good moments especially when Read opens his mouth and starts speaking shit.

The looks he gives him, the "are you stupid" type looks.

And I've noticed every now and then he'll throw in a little subtle jab at Read that seems to go over Read's head.

Why in the hell are you dying on this hill bro?
Intentional elbow to the back of the head.

Not even JWH gets off on that charge.
I'm not dying on it just wasn't bad. That's my opinion.

I'm not dying on it just wasn't bad. That's my opinion.
**** mate, i would hate to see what you think is bad and bin-worthy? Damn near have to kill a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.