NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** mate, i would hate to see what you think is bad and bin-worthy? Damn near have to kill a man.
That's a broncos player and not Latrell and I think you have an entirely different opinion. Sorry I don't think it isn't even the 10th worst thing of the weekend. He grazes the back of his head. Meh.

That's a broncos player and not Latrell and I think you have an entirely different opinion. Sorry I don't think it isn't even the 10th worst thing of the weekend. He grazes the back of his head. Meh.
Of course i do, im 100% biased when it comes to the Broncos.

However i dont give a shit about Souths or weather they win or lose and have no dog in the fight, and as a neutral in this instance i think its worth being sent for.

The only other team i might be calling for a harsher penalty would be if it was the Storm, otherwise i would treat an elbow to the back of the head the same regardless of the offending players team.

Of course i do, im 100% biased when it comes to the Broncos.

However i dont give a shit about Souths or weather they win or lose and have no dog in the fight, and as a neutral in this instance i think its worth being sent for.

The only other team i might be calling for a harsher penalty would be if it was the Storm, otherwise i would treat an elbow to the back of the head the same regardless of the offending players team.
That's fine. I think it was a penalty at worst and a fine. You think it was a possible send off. Not going to agree.

Doesn't everyone know Latrell just plays with plenty of passion?

Can't penalize and suspend the bloke for an intentional elbow. I mean he's got form, but like I said he plays with passion! We need blokes like that in the game!

I'd be livid if that was a Bronco, to be honest. Absolute dog act. No room in our team for those types, they could bugger off.

Can't penalize and suspend the bloke for an intentional elbow. I mean he's got form, but like I said he plays with passion! We need blokes like that in the game!

Not in his game, that's the go to defense of the media darlings.

A deliberate elbow to the back of the head should be 3 weeks minimum. Crazy that anyone would think it wasn't in the 10 worst things on the weekend, absolutely ridiculous take.

No concessions for mental health on these boards, I'm afraid. Toughen up or GTFO.
To be fair, the world of professional sport is a little different from your run of the mill life.

Not in any way making excuses for people bagging him - as someone who has fought depression and anxiety, I know what mental illness can do to someone. But living in the public eye like that, with the expectation to perform at 100% for 80 minutes each weekend for half the year...that's not the place for someone who is struggling. I'd hope the club has mental health professionals permanently on board to help any player going through things that many people will at some point of their lives.

To be fair, the world of professional sport is a little different from your run of the mill life.

Not in any way making excuses for people bagging him - as someone who has fought depression and anxiety, I know what mental illness can do to someone. But living in the public eye like that, with the expectation to perform at 100% for 80 minutes each weekend for half the year...that's not the place for someone who is struggling. I'd hope the club has mental health professionals permanently on board to help any player going through things that many people will at some point of their lives.
I agree to an extent, but there is plenty of players who would be battling demons (Payne fucken Haas) and don't dog shot players on the regular.
I also think a lot of people exploit the mental health card as well and sometimes a bloke is just prone to doing dog shit.

Latrell falls into the latter category. It makes it easy to hate him and im sure he loves being the victim, which fucken sucks because he is absolutely loaded with talent.

I can see why he was such a toxic influence at clubs he was playing at. This is full on Darius Boyd attitude.

Just because the some fans didnt like how he ended up doesnt mean his team mates felt the same. Toxic players simply arent tolerated by their team mates. That was never an issue with Darius.

I agree to an extent, but there is plenty of players who would be battling demons (Payne fucken Haas) and don't dog shot players on the regular.
I also think a lot of people exploit the mental health card as well and sometimes a bloke is just prone to doing dog shit.

Latrell falls into the latter category. It makes it easy to hate him and im sure he loves being the victim, which fucken sucks because he is absolutely loaded with talent.
Davey is talking about Darbs mate.

I don't think Darbs used mental health as an excuse during his Broncos stint, rather what he learned to help extend his career after a trying 2014.

Just because the some fans didnt like how he ended up doesnt mean his team mates felt the same. Toxic players simply arent tolerated by their team mates. That was never an issue with Darius.
Schuster is sounding like one of those at Manly.

It's just amazing how quickly the media turn, one minute Souffs and Latrell are their darlings, next minute they are going for the throat.

What amuses me is Gus said the same things a few weeks ago and the media were all over him saying it was unfair to be saying that about Souths and Latrell. Now here we are, and they are agreeing with him.

But he was/is 100% correct about Latrell. It seemed to me what Gould was saying was that Latrell can't own the big games. He goes ok when his team is on top, but he's not the type of player that can turn things around in big games when his team isn't on top. You look at all the greats of the games and they could swing games back in their teams favour in big games. I think Gus is correct when he says that Latrell hasn't really done that yet.

He just plays with his heart on his sleeve, and sometimes that sleeve comes down on the back of a defenceless players head accompanied by an elbow. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ettybay
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • Galah
  • Behind enemy lines
  • RolledOates
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.