NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this earlier, posted under a conversation on 360 tonight about Cleary being talked about with the best 7s of all time. This was posted in the comments by a panthers fan and I have not been able to stop laughing.

Didn't know where else to post it so here ya go.

View attachment 24044

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Yeah there's no way he's there yet - and he is yet to shine on the biggest stage of Origin - but if he continues his trajectory he COULD, at the end of his career, be in a similar league to those blokes. He's 25, potentially has another decade to play yet and if he does, I expect he will be very, very good by the end. But it's certainly too premature to put him up with the greats just yet.

I'm not putting him there. He doesnt have the x factor of alot of those blokes and the pedigree in origin but when you look through the talent he has played with I dont think it's at the level of some of those other guys all due respect to his teammates. Somebody is driving that Penrith team. Maybe Ivan is an all time great coach??? Or they just fit perfectly like a glove and have a great collective drive and work ethic. Competition might have been worse in the run? 3 premierships in a row if they do it this year is unbelievable. And for Cleary to be a 3 time premiership winner before the age of 26 is crazy.

Let's see how Cleary would go without bullshit rules to work with like the "no reason 6 again"........

Makes it a lot easier to gain momentunm when its being given to you

Let's see how Cleary would go without bullshit rules to work with like the "no reason 6 again"........

Makes it a lot easier to gain momentunm when its being given to you
I got news for you. They aren't going g to change it.

Anyone getting the new book on Bennett titled The Wolf You Feed? Comes out tomorrow, I believe.

It apparently goes into a lot of detail on the biggest moments of his career, which I imagine includes the shit that went on with the Broncos.

Anyone getting the new book on Bennett titled The Wolf You Feed? Comes out tomorrow, I believe.

It apparently goes into a lot of detail on the biggest moments of his career, which I imagine includes the shit that went on with the Broncos.

Apparently there is the claim in the book that Bennett didn't want Kevvie to get the Broncos job in 2019 because he didn't think Kevvie was up to the job

I think Cleary is a superstar and it will be impossible to not rank him alongside the best by the time he retires. He's dominated the competition for 4 straight seasons now, as in like absolutely fucking dominated almost every single game in that period from minute 1 to minute 80. He's won multiple origin series, has dominated individual origin matches and is almost certainly gonna dominate at least a series (probably several unfortunately) before he's done.

I'm not putting him there. He doesnt have the x factor of alot of those blokes and the pedigree in origin but when you look through the talent he has played with I dont think it's at the level of some of those other guys all due respect to his teammates. Somebody is driving that Penrith team. Maybe Ivan is an all time great coach??? Or they just fit perfectly like a glove and have a great collective drive and work ethic. Competition might have been worse in the run? 3 premierships in a row if they do it this year is unbelievable. And for Cleary to be a 3 time premiership winner before the age of 26 is crazy.

2 time winner. Brissy are winning this year and next.

Mason highlighted the brilliance of fullback Kalyn Ponga, but said no team would be doing video analysis on a spine containing halfback Jackson Hastings, hooker Phoenix Crossland and Gamble.

Me, Jacko and Phoenix definitely saw it," Gamble told AAP. "Everybody's got an opinion. It's alright, he should probably worry about his own backyard before he starts worrying about other people.

"He was a middle not a half, so tell him to get f***ed. "We're not a team of superstars, we've got Kalyn who is the biggest star in the game."We're a team of blokes who do their job and that's why we're in the position we're in."

hahaha, Gamble the legend.

Look at that clip of him when he made his debut against the Cowboys as an 18-year-old. He was an absolute man mountain. Looked about 25 years old.

Used to love watching him play. Proper wrecking ball.

I actually don't mind the Six To Go podcast and I'm 1 of the 17 subscribers, but their breakdown of FW1 was miniscule.

@Bull Shark what did you make of Seibs' theory on why the Broncos defence is so good?

I don't think he's bitter about his brother, I just think he's a typical Parramatta supporter.

I actually don't mind the Six To Go podcast and I'm 1 of the 17 subscribers, but their breakdown of FW1 was miniscule.

@Bull Shark what did you make of Seibs' theory on why the Broncos defence is so good?

I don't think he's bitter about his brother, I just think he's a typical Parramatta supporter.
I was surprised he managed to summon up some form of praise for the Broncos..

What I did find really interesting was that statistic from the other guest tonight about the number of tackles the Broncos have made inside their own 20m zone this year compared to their opposition and how that figure compared to the Panthers..

Yeah I’ve become far too obsessed with the way the Broncos are covered on that podcast.. It’s to the point where I’m biased about the perceived bias Damien Seibold has for the Broncos 😄

Having followed the show from the start of this season, in my opinion there’s been a distinct anti broncos flavour to it ..

Seibold and the host really do draw the anti broncos sentiment out of each other in their discussions.. they both seem to almost invent reasons why other teams are better than the broncos or will beat them in the future etc.. Even tonight, Seibold virtually said that if Newcastle get past the Warriors, they’ll make the Grand Final - by beating Broncos of course..

What’s also funny / annoying is how they’ve basically ghosted the Broncos over the last couple of months despite their form being undeniable.. the week after they beat Parramatta 54-10 there were crickets, and of course tonight, as you mentioned, there was next to no discussion about week one of the finals and Brisbane’s 26-0 win over Melbourne - after both of them tipped the Storm to win with absolute confidence the week prior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.