NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is partially what I wrote about their 2022 recruitment.

I see a lot of Fittler in Burton and as good as Freddy was, I struggle to see him making the same impact in 1993 as he did in 1996.

I rated the talent the Bulldogs bought, but questioned the culture they were building. All four players that were on the nose are now out of the club. Are Liam Knight and Bronson Xerri going to turn things around?
Burton is an outside back with a big left kick .
Not a #6 or #7 . Where he plays next season is their dilemma . Crighton is coming and Xerri . Will there be a spot for Burton ?

Burton is an outside back with a big left kick .

Thats all I've ever considered him to be.

TBH...I found BP comparison to Fittler to be a little puzzling.

Thats all I've ever considered him to be.

TBH...I found BP comparison to Fittler to be a little puzzling.
Big body five-eighth with a strong running game that's come through the Panthers system, achieved success in the centres before linking up with Gus to help turn-around a struggling club.

Freddy was 26 in 1998 when he made the full-time move to five-eighth, Burton will be 24 next year. The Freddy most fans remember was 30 in 2002 when he dominated, Burton still has plenty of time to have a similar trajectory.

Strong running game.......

Fittler ...yes

Burton.....?
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

Strong running game.......

Fittler ...yes

Burton.....?
Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura
26 line-breaks in 2021, it was his bread and butter coming through the juniors.

Has fallen into the same trap players like Lockyer did where he's trying to play two positions at once. It's why commentators always criticise him for not running the ball enough.

Has fallen into the same trap players like Lockyer did where he's trying to play two positions at once. It's why commentators always criticise him for not running the ball enough.

He needs to get back to basically knowing his role and knowing what he is good at. I'm sure if they watched him coming through they didnt buy him to be a controlling half.

As a centre . Yes.
Big strong runner . Should be running not passing to others to run .

Fittler was a star at 17 let alone 26 . He was in the same school boys team as Julian O `Niel . Broncos let O`Niel stay at school another year before his debut .

Will Crighton play #6 or #1 ?

As a centre . Yes.
Big strong runner . Should be running not passing to others to run .

Fittler was a star at 17 let alone 26 . He was in the same school boys team as Julian O `Niel . Broncos let O`Niel stay at school another year before his debut .

Will Crighton play #6 or #1 ?
Was Fittler a star #6 at 17? That's the point, even Freddy, one of the most talented players of all-time took years to perfect his craft.

Burton will remain at 6. Crichton will either play centre or fullback.

Burton will remain at 6.

I very much doubt that .
Like I said he should run, not look to pass .They need another player @ 6 or rinse and repeat of this season .

Can this fuckwit of a player and cuntstain of a club, be any more tonedeaf?
Footy is better when there's a couple of villains running about. This seems pretty tame (compared to standing over an unconscious Cobbo) but I guess it is bothering people because of the absolute lovefest that's been heaped on the Warriors this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.