NRL Injury Discussion - 2017

I would be interested to compare last year's injury list at this time of year to this year..

Joey Leilua (can't spell his last name) looked to have a pretty serious knee injury.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2017/03/13/scott_acl_injury_con.af_news.html

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys today confirmed that co-captain Matt Scott tore his anterior cruciate ligament in Friday’s Round 2 game against the Broncos in Brisbane.
Scott left the field in the second half and scans over the weekend confirmed the injury.
He will now undergo surgery on his knee.
“It’s obviously a huge blow for Matt and he’s understandably devastated,” Cowboys coach Paul Green said yesterday.
“He’ll have surgery then start his rehab, and knowing the type of player and person he is, he’ll approach his recovery in the same dedicated way he trains and plays … with 100 per cent commitment.”
The Cowboys had two other players injured in Friday night’s golden point win, with winger Antonio Winterstein (broken arm) and fullback Lachlan Coote (torn calf) set to spend several weeks on the sidelines.

Fortunately for the Cowboys, they have a soft draw coming up.

Taumalolo is their biggest loss, and they'll only miss him for the Manly game who will be without Marty Taupau. After that they play...

Gold Coast (A)
Souths (H)
Wests (H)
St George Illawarra (A)
Newcastle (H)
Parramatta (H)
Canterbury (A)

I'd be shocked if they're anything lower than 8-2 going into Round 10. Unless they lose more players, they should have more class than most of those sides.

Fortunately for the Cowboys, they have a soft draw coming up.

Taumalolo is their biggest loss, and they'll only miss him for the Manly game who will be without Marty Taupau. After that they play...

Gold Coast (A)
Souths (H)
Wests (H)
St George Illawarra (A)
Newcastle (H)
Parramatta (H)
Canterbury (A)

I'd be shocked if they're anything lower than 8-2 going into Round 10. Unless they lose more players, they should have more class than most of those sides.

Yeah, that is a bit soft and they get the stronger teams at home. That won't be where they will fall down this season, it will be as the grind hits midway though the season and bench players having to take extra minutes and less experience on the bench. Very much like it did for the Broncos when we had a spate of injuries last season. If they get extended injuries on top of the current ones, it will make it even more difficult.

Agreed Round 14 where they play the Eels (A), Storm (A), Panthers (H) and Raiders (A) will be make or break for them. Their run home looks unfriendly as well, so who knows what type of position they'll be in come September.

Fucking Buhrer out for 8 weeks.

Sheesh! That is horrid, career over?

Gareth Widdop out for 6 weeks.

Huge blow for the Dragons.

Yep no doubt although they played really well after he left on the weekend. I can see a lot of low scoring matches coming up for St merge.
They were coming in to probably the hardest month or so of their soft soft draw starting with the Rorters then Storm Sharks Warriors Tigers Dog and Eels.

They could well slip out of the 8 by the end of that run although they have the byes and the knights twice so probably already on 20 points and only have to find 4 wins from the other games to make the 8

Josh Reynolds out for up to a month. Hamstring.

1. Coote
2. Mansour
3. Inglis
4. Roberts
5. Copley
6. Hunt
7. Thurston
8. Woods
9. Granville
10. Scott
11. Lewis
12. Harris
13. Fensom

14. Reynolds
15. Pangai Jr
16. Boyd
17. Arrow

I've probably missed a few but that's a fair side out injured at present!

1. Coote
2. Mansour
3. Inglis
4. Roberts
5. Copley
6. Hunt
7. Thurston
8. Woods
9. Granville
10. Scott
11. Lewis
12. Harris
13. Fensom

14. Reynolds
15. Pangai Jr
16. Boyd
17. Arrow

I've probably missed a few but that's a fair side out injured at present!

You forgot the future Immortal Kostjasyn.

Daniel O'dowd is reporting on FB that Darius Boyd has been rushed to hospital with a torn hammy. Can anyone with an IQ of more than 75 confirm this please?

Daniel O'dowd is reporting on FB that Darius Boyd has been rushed to hospital with a torn hammy. Can anyone with an IQ of more than 75 confirm this please?

A team spokesperson has said that Darius Boyd was sent back to the team hotel to be assessed for hamstring tightness and that he will be assessed over the next few days but that it was only as a precaution.

He hasn't torn his hammy.

Do you follow him?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.