NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's he going to go with his strength after the rehab stint?

Feel like he won't be able to do any strength work on that arm, so he either becomes unbalanced (one arm / side stronger than the other) or he loses muscle mass... or is that all factored into the rehab length?

muscle-imbalance-symptoms-1.jpg

Ponga "set to" miss the remainder of the season after suffering his 3rd concussion in 6 weeks.

The Knights will send Ponga to an independent neurologist, and then will make a decision based on their advice

5 concussions in a year is not good tho, there's no reason to risk him again this season, Knights aren't doing shit so why risk the health of your long term fullback?

5 concussions in a year is not good tho, there's no reason to risk him again this season, Knights aren't doing shit so why risk the health of your long term fullback?
My supercoach team should be reason enough!!

I don't think we take concussion seriously enough, even now.

It takes someone getting concussed multiple times in a short time frame before they are sat out for an extended period, you look at a sport like the NHL and you will see players gone for months at a time, quite frequently too.

I'd like to know what they're actually testing too, I know players are taught to have that "hard edge" about them and will probably get back to playing the second they are physically cleared but I am just wondering from a cognitive perspective if they're suffering from any of those issues and are simply not saying anything as they want to get back out there. From my understanding, only the individual will know if he is struggling with cognitive issues.

I don't think we take concussion seriously enough, even now.

It takes someone getting concussed multiple times in a short time frame before they are sat out for an extended period, you look at a sport like the NHL and you will see players gone for months at a time, quite frequently too.

I'd like to know what they're actually testing too, I know players are taught to have that "hard edge" about them and will probably get back to playing the second they are physically cleared but I am just wondering from a cognitive perspective if they're suffering from any of those issues and are simply not saying anything as they want to get back out there. From my understanding, only the individual will know if he is struggling with cognitive issues.
My understanding is they do baseline cognitive tests in the preseason and test against those baselines.

If players lie about that, tough shit to them, you can't help everybody.

If clubs encourage them to lie about that, then there needs to be a Toovey investigation.

Jarome Luai out for up to 8 weeks with a knee injury. Sean O'Sullivan will replace him.

That's pretty huge for their season you'd have to think. That's like second week of the finals I think?

Broncos v Bunnies GF Anyone?

I wonder if anyone stood over him when he injured it? (Assuming it was at training)

That's pretty huge for their season you'd have to think. That's like second week of the finals I think?

Broncos v Bunnies GF Anyone?

They are pretty confident he will be back for the first week of the finals.

I would love a Broncos vs Bunnies GF. Watch JD cry all over again when Reyno destroys the Bunnies.

Jarome Luai out for up to 8 weeks with a knee injury. Sean O'Sullivan will replace him.
As that saying goes “stop, my erection can only get so big” could not have happened to a more deserving knuckle dragger. Standing over an injured Cobbo mouthing off- ain’t karma a bitch.

They should be unbackable favourites now to win the comp, this makes them a better side

They should be unbackable favourites now to win the comp, this makes them a better side
I dont think luai's absence will greatly impact them.

If it were cleary, api or even yeo, that would be a different story.

Tom Dearden rushed to hospital for emergency surgery on a ruptured nut. That's his career done then I guess, Wallace was never the same after it.

*looks around for weak gutted dog*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.