NRL Nines 2020

Breayley looks a shadow of who she was playing behind our pack. **** anasta wanted the dragons to win so badly. And how the hell are the broncos not favourites this year, I get that the Sydney media hate it but they are b2b premiers with the best player in the game by a long margin (one that gets dudded out of a dally m every year). Best halves, their defence is 2 or levels above the rest of the comp and the forward pack is lightyears ahead of the rest.

She’s fallen off really badly. Pretty sad considering how dominating she was in 2018.

If Vinny Gould is eligible along with Aiken, very real chance she doesn’t get picked for Origin.

The Sydney media like to champion Ali and her dominance when it suits them, but award highlight players like Kelly and Sergis who, are skilled athletes and obviously good at RL, but are massively overrated as far as footy players go imo

The Broncos biggest issue was their inability to get the most out of their big names. If you were to look at the squad before the tournament, the three players everyone would have nominated as stars would have been Payne Haas, David Fifita and Anthony Milford.

I don't understand why they wouldn't start each set with Haas and try to find Fifita on play two or three and see how they ended up. The one time they found Fifita on that play, they scored off the back of it.

I thought Haas was guilty of looking for the big play. Instead of getting into the nitty gritty, he was looking for the big Andrew Fifita play and it backfired time and time again. The error that led to the Drinkwater try was a testament to that. Haas' grip on the ball just invited Feldt to make a play at it and while he may have been saved in a regular game he can't expect to be saved.

I'm not as critical with Fifita. He received three opportunities with the ball and one was saving a try after Isaako's brain fade. One was accepting a hospital pass from Milford which he somehow got out to Farnworth and the final was that inside run which led to the Arthars try. I don't think he received the opportunities he should have and I hold Milford responsible for that.

There at least two golden opportunities Milford could have given Fifita good ball and played off the back of it, but on both occassions he went the cut-out pass to Farnworth and Arthars and it was easily cut off. I actually saw some good signs from Milford and I haven't given up hope on the Milford/Fifita combination but tonight didn't work.

If I did have one criticism of Fifita it's that defensively he was very passive and allowed the Cowboys to score some quick play the balls on him.

The criticism directed at Isaako is premature. Granted he didn't play well but he wasn't really playing as a fullback either. If anything he was playing in his usual position on the right wing and he didn't have a clear understanding of his role.

I don't think it was the end of the world. In the end, the game came down to an all or nothing kick from deep inside the Cowboys half and it came up trumps for them. Those type of results happen, particularly in this format. I actually thought by and large there were some good signs for the Broncos tonight and they would have to be happy with what they saw from Flegler, Turpin, Dearden, Croft, Farnworth and to an extent Staggs. First game back from injury and he produces a run that gets Brisbane back into the game, it was something of a mixed game from Kotoni but I would be happy with that. Niu won't feature until later in the year if at all, but he made the most of his opportunity, very impressive.

A couple of points that weren't here or there. I was thrown off by the FoxSports team list. I'm not sure who was at fault here, but the team list that was presented at the start of the game was completely wrong with players playing in different numbers and in different positions.

I thought the Broncos bench left something to be desired. If you compare them the Cowboys had

Opacic, Robson, Hess, Hola and Dunn

compared to

Dearden, Paix, Niu, Arthars and Bullemor

That's three full-time forwards vs. one. It made the Broncos very skinny in the middle and that's where the Cows were able to work them over in that second half. It doesn't help that they lost Alex Glenn and replaced him an 18-year old forward who most likely won't make it onto the field.

I thought Hess looked good, that is important for origin.

A couple of points that weren't here or there. I was thrown off by the FoxSports team list. I'm not sure who was at fault here, but the team list that was presented at the start of the game was completely wrong with players playing in different numbers and in different positions.
This completely threw me off as well... I wanted to be able to watch our young guys that don't get much time on air and I'm still not even sure who was playing where, because the commentators didn't even say their names.

Was Bullemore 13??

This completely threw me off as well... I wanted to be able to watch our young guys that don't get much time on air and I'm still not even sure who was playing where, because the commentators didn't even say their names.

Was Bullemore 13??

Yep

So Milford has a hamstring injury. Why was he even playing given it was his first preseason without injury in a couple of years. I wish that we just pick young or fringe guys at best. I hope we get knocked out quick via a loss to the storm. No point risking more injuries for a gimmick tournament.

Last edited:
Who was our #2 yesterday who was slower than Dearden on that chase down field?

I thought BHQ was freaking the **** out ... until i saw a comment on Bronxnation (facebook), then i realised what freaking the **** out looked like ...

someone on Bronxnation was calling for Haas to be sacked because of his performance in that single nines game :rofl

BHQ still massively over-reacted though

Last edited:
And now she has a double
[automerge]1581734188[/automerge]
I thought BHQ was freaking the **** out ... until i saw a comment on Bronxnation (facebook), then i realised what freaking the **** out looked like ...

someone on Bronxnation was calling for Haas to be sacked because of his performance in that single nines game :rofl

BHQ still massively over-reacted though
Not everyone is freaking out mate over last night, I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Good win there from the girls 2/2 wins.

Last edited:
Who was our #2 yesterday who was slower than Dearden on that chase down field?
I think it was Farnworth from memory, could have been Arthars since they have similar haircuts or something lol but I think Herbie has the bigger frame so I'm pretty sure it was him.

Yeah it was Herbie I believe.

Go the girls!! Looking completely dominant, absolutely loving the way they play!!!

Lol @ warriors. Imagine losing to THAT Roosters side.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.