NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, didn't another player request to play union while under contract recently, and the NRL flat out refused it.

Bunji did a couple of years ago
But in Barbas case, he technically doesn't have a contract at the moment. But the NRL should step in and say if your signing with a union club, you are banned from the league.

Also, didn't another player request to play union while under contract recently, and the NRL flat out refused it.

yeah ... but technically Barba isn't under contract since the NRL haven't registered his deal ... if he heads over my guess is they won't register it until he gets back

NRL should step in and say if your signing with a union club, you are banned from the league.

They'll never do that ... but what they should make abundantly clear to Barba is that his 12 game suspension will not start until he returns to the NRL.

that will effectively rule him out of the 2017 season, and may make other clubs think twice about signing him

It will be interesting to see what happens with Radrada after this. If he's found guilty of domestic violence then the NRL will hand him a pretty hefty suspension. Will he just take off for France as well?

EXILED fullback Ben Barba has dropped another bombshell about his future less than 24 hours after revealing he had signed with a French rugby side.

Barba blindsided the Sharks on Tuesday after his management revealed that the Dally M winner was heading to France on a short-term contract to play for Toulon as he serves the remainder of his ban.

The troubled fullback was slapped with a 12-week ban after he test positive to illicit drugs late last year.
Speaking out for the first time since his stint at a Thai rehab facility, Barba dropped yet another bombshell saying he was ready to walk away from the NRL.

“The NRL hasn’t given me much, so if it comes to that I might never play the game again,” he said.

“It’s probably the first time we’ve talked since then [receiving his ban] … I have to look after my kids and my family, they’re my first option.

“They [NRL] had quite a while to sort my stuff out but it’s taken them three months and nothing has been sorted out … I’m just going along with the flow and listen to the guys who take care of me,”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...l/news-story/43c1bff3f7da1e00d5fcffe78ff8c63f

Is he fucking serious "the NRL haven't given him much"

apart from, you know, ensuring he has a high paying job and stopping him from having to be a laborer for 50k a year

what a wanker

Toddy kept Benny out of jail (on more than one occasion), so they did that for him.

How about you look after your wife and kids by manning the **** up and getting your issues sorted. There are more important things than bringing home a $1 million a year paycheck.

How about you look after your wife and kids by manning the **** up and getting your issues sorted. There are more important things than bringing home a $1 million a year paycheck.

"I have to look after my kids and my family, they’re my first option"

I think he means priority..but I'm certain he doesn't know what that means.

NRL has apparently made clear that his 12 weeks ban will only start upon his return to the NRL, so that's that... he's goneski I reckon.

Toulon can offer him more money than league can anyway. Their owner is a total nutter so if Barba backs out he can expect a lawsuit.

Yeah even the incompetents that are the NRL will surely not help him out now, not because that would be the professional thing to do but because their incredibly high egos will have been hurt by his comments and that is far more important than professionalism.

"The NRL hasn't given me much....."

That'll fucking do me. Without the NRL, pull the kind of shit he's done in his life (that have gone public) and he's either dead or in jail IMO.

Yep Greenburg has now said that Barba will still have to serve a suspension after his time in Toulon is over. If Barba hadn't spoken out, I bet they would have let him play in France and come back to play the week after. Idiot, does not deserve what he has received from the NRL.

Idiot, does not deserve what he has received from the NRL.

didn't you hear him ... he hasn't received anything from the NRL :P

To be fair to Barba, I just watched the clip and I think he was referring to the NRL not giving him much information on what's going on with what he can or can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bazza
  • phoenix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • Broncs1459
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • KnToad
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.