NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Scott is leaving and they will be looking to move Taumalolo in the front row to deal with their significantly weakened front row.

Perhaps Scott is leaving and they will be looking to move Taumalolo in the front row to deal with their significantly weakened front row.

Thats probably it. Still seems a bit weird to me.

Just saw something posted by a Raiders fan page that Fensom is on his way to the Cowboys.

Can't for the life of me see where he would fit in. He's too good of a player to be running around in reserve grade but Cowboys does not compute with me.

Same. With Hannant, Tamou, and likely Scott leaving, they need props, and good ones. Taumalolo and Fensom are middle-third players, but not props.

Greenwood to Titans confirmed.

Taia joins St Helens.

The Titans have reportedly turned down Copley.

They wanted him after the Roosters shopped him around, but ended negotiations after the Roosters also demanded 200k in compensation.

I'd take Copley back if the Roosters paid 100% of his wage for the next 3 years.

That sounds like stupidity from the Roosters.

'So Titans, we don't want this bloke so you can have him. Just give us $200k as well, since you are doing us a favour.. All good?'

Yeah, Roosters can **** off. When you try to move a player on, you are the one that pays.

Sheer arrogance from the Roosters. Good on the Titans on telling them where to stick it.

Edrick Lee 2 year deal with the Sharks, will possibly play Round 1.

Edrick Lee 2 year deal with the Sharks, will possibly play Round 1.

The Sharks have become astute dealers. They've picked up a lot of good buys in recent seasons that have turned gold - Barba, Highington, Lewis, Fifita (reneging back to them), Townsend, Graham, Ennis, Beale (Like it or not), Tagatease, Prior and the biggest coup of all - Maloney.

Don't be surprised to see Lee become a gun.

Pearce re-signs with the Roosters. That surprises me actually, I thought he was out the door, especially with all the young halves they're stockpiling.

Though, one more mistake, and an anonymous media tip-off and his contract means nothing anyway.

Cronulla represent everything that's wrong with the game.

Instead of looking to develop their own talent and making 'new stars' to help benefit the game, they just prey on 'former stars' signing them on relatively cheap deals, getting the last decent years out of them and repeating the process over and over again. And since you've got to have balance, they'll also sign the likes of Fifita, Graham and Bird, right as other clubs have done all the hard yards with them without adding anything to the game.

They've developed one player in three years, Valentine Holmes, and while I hold out hope for him maturing into something more, he's nothing but a first grade winger. It's the bare minimum at a time where the game is really struggling for marquee talent.

And hey I don't blame Cronulla, full power to them for gaming the system but the NRL continues to shoot itself in the foot by rewarding this style of roster management.

Valetine Holmes is nothing but a fucking gun first grade winger.

Re: Pearce re-signing, we all hate him, and he's a joke Origin player, but he's been fantastic for the Roosters. Their younger halves could all turn out to be numpties. I do wish they wouldn't hoard them though.

And since you've got to have balance, they'll also sign the likes of Fifita, Graham and Bird, right as other clubs have done all the hard yards with them without adding anything to the game.
yeah I'm pretty happy the Broncos developed Milford instead of doing this...

Hey I'm not saying the Broncos are above signing players, they just don't rely on it like Cronulla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • BroncosAlways
  • eggstar10
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • Browny
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.