NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the clubs he was thinking of signing with, the Knights make the most sense. He didn't really work with DCE in the halves and if he went to Cronulla he would've been on peanuts compared to the $4m the Knights were offering.

Knights now have a pretty interesting 1-17 for next season, a lot of their success will boil down to whether or not Ponga is the player they think he's going to be.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. Kenny-Dowall
5. Sio
6. Watson
7. Pearce
8. J.Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Lillyman
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Mata'utia (c)
13. Guerra

14. Griffin
15. Heighington
16. Ese'ese
17. D.Saifiti

Next on the halves carousel - where do Trent Hodkinson and Brock Lamb go ?

We need a halfback next year. Either Lamb or Hodkinson seem like the last options left. Both will probably leave because Connor Watson and Pearce are there now. I think Lamb will head to Manly to replace Green.

Titans need a fullback for next year. I think Holmes might look at heading there. There's also talk of BJ Leilua wanting out of the Raiders to go to the Titans but I'm not sure if it will happen. I think either Gutherson or Norman will have to leave the Eels as there's no way they could fit them all in. Penrith currently need a five-eighth but Maloney is heading there eventually and apparently Mansour wants out. This is how I've read the play

Hodkinson to Broncos
Lamb to Manly
Holmes to Titans
Norman to Titans
Maloney to Penrith
Mansour to Bulldogs
Brett Morris to Panthers

Titans released Hayne officially.

Deadset, this is a circus.

Pearce is a great signing for the Knights but I tell you what, if it forces Lamb out, we should sign him up in a heartbeat, he was starting to really take control at the back end of this season and so much potential.

Interestingly, Pearce has verbally agreed and it has basically been announced...sound similar to any situation the Broncs might have found themselves in once?

Titans released Hayne officially.

They will be better off for it in the long run, douchebag was never commited from day one and the Titans only benefited from the initial media hype which didn't last long.

The Knights didn't want to get rid of Sims.

Even if the player asks for a release, the club still has to pay a part of his contract. It's the way it is and has been like that for a long time.

Seriously??

The only way a club is responsible for a players salary after they leave is if it is agreed, regardless of the player asking or not.

No way, no how is it possible for Hayne to go to the Titans and say, I want out, Parra will take me for 600k now you pay the difference.

If that was the case he would have pissed off last year.

If that's true. that is just plain unfair on the titans.

Titans know (or should know) what the rule is ... They should have done the smart thing and said to the Eels "you want him, you can have him ... at $1.2 million, if you or he don't like it to fucking bad, he can stay and play (possibly reserve grade) or sit out the year ... your call"

This is the only place where people are saying he still gets his 1.2 million regardless. Any other site I've read it on has said that he's taking a hit in his salary.

And also that the Titans now have 1.1 million extra in the salary cap after paying him his months salary for November.

Honestly it's as clear as mud to me what's actually happening.

According to Josh Massoud the Roosters have $1.3m in cap space for 2018 once they release Nikorima, LOL!

#BringBackSBW

they are not even trying to hide their rorting anymore ... they should just change their name officially to the rorters and be done with it ...

although i suppose they have lost some big money players like Fitler, Fitzgibbon and Minichello, so they could have some cap space free ... it's not like they have signed any high cost players recently

:porthozthinksthisishot:

Seriously??

The only way a club is responsible for a players salary after they leave is if it is agreed, regardless of the player asking or not.

No way, no how is it possible for Hayne to go to the Titans and say, I want out, Parra will take me for 600k now you pay the difference.

If that was the case he would have pissed off last year.

That would actually require Hayne having a club to go to. From what I heard the Eels were not interested at the time due to his press conference when he signed with the Titans.

But anyway, Martin Kennedy's management actually requested the release from the Broncos and we still had to carry him on our books while the Roosters got him for minimum wage.

I do believe we stopped paying him when he was suspended for testing positive to banned substances.

According to Josh Massoud the Roosters have $1.3m in cap space for 2018 once they release Nikorima, LOL!

#BringBackSBW

“Release” Nikorima. You don’t make as much money as Politis without knowing whose hands need greasing to get something done. The convenience of SKD’s and Jikorima’s troubles is amazing.

This is the only place where people are saying he still gets his 1.2 million regardless. Any other site I've read it on has said that he's taking a hit in his salary.

And also that the Titans now have 1.1 million extra in the salary cap after paying him his months salary for November.

Honestly it's as clear as mud to me what's actually happening.

It’ll be the first time in NRL history that it’s happened, so I’m more inclined to believe that the media are making false assumptions.

It’ll be the first time in NRL history that it’s happened, so I’m more inclined to believe that the media are making false assumptions.

I'm not even sure we are talking about the same thing anymore.

The only way it happens that a club continues to pay if a player requests a release is by agreement OR if the club has shopped a player around.
If the Titans had said no to Hayne he can't simply say I'm going and you pay the difference.
If he requests a release and the Titans say ok he still won't get paid anything from the Titans unless they agree to make up the shortfall.
If this was the case every time a player got the shits he would tell his manager to look around and take whatever was available knowing the club he was leaving had to pay the difference.
It simply cannot work that way.

"At the end of the day he could have easily pulled out more money from the Titans, he could have easily gone through for the next two months in pre-season, got six figures from the club to bolster his Parramatta contract.
“But he’s told the club he’s prepared to go now without a cent is my understanding. He deserves some credit from that, he’s not a mercenary in this instance.”
Hayne will be giving up a rich $1.2 million per season deal to return to the Eels."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • theshed
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.