NRL Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many NRL sides does Carney have a chance at succeeding in provided he really does become a "good boy"? Tigers have shitty halves, that's the club that he should have went to (though they probably didn't want him). Any other club, he has to hope the coach gives up on a young talent and goes with a 32 year old. Wait, maybe he should have joined the Panthers?

Carney should be registered. Hasn't played in the NRL since 2014. That's punishment enough.

Most of the serious stuff he did - drink driving etc - occurred a decade or so go.

I need to vent about this fucking live pass app ...

this year you can't get pay weekly ... minimum is monthly ($14.99 per month) which also makes it more expensive than previous years ...

the app in the past has been really poor quality, especially given that you can't watch it live on the PC and the screen size for live games is restricted to mobile phone/tablet size (about 8 to 10 inches)

they probably do this because they know you will realize how shit the apps is very quickly and want to steal as much money off you as possible.

**** off ...

/rant

p.s. I'm on night shift tomorrow and looking for a way to watch the game ... anyone know how this 9 now works and if you can stream all shows on 9 or if it is only selected programs.

alternatively, anyone actually pay for this useless app and want to loan me your username and passowrd so i can watch the game at work (shhh... don't tell my boss :P )

this year you can't get pay weekly ... minimum is monthly ($14.99 per month) which also makes it more expensive than previous years ...

the app in the past has been really poor quality, especially given that you can't watch it live on the PC and the screen size for live games is restricted to mobile phone/tablet size (about 8 to 10 inches)

they probably do this because they know you will realize how shit the apps is very quickly and want to steal as much money off you as possible.

**** off ...

/rant

p.s. I'm on night shift tomorrow and looking for a way to watch the game ... anyone know how this 9 now works and if you can stream all shows on 9 or if it is only selected programs.

alternatively, anyone actually pay for this useless app and want to loan me your username and passowrd so i can watch the game at work (shhh... don't tell my boss [emoji14] )
I also work nights sometimes and I hate to break it to you but you can't watch the footy on the 9 app or free view app. Sometimes people stream it on YouTube and if that fails there is always leaving it to your imagination with triple M.
My advice would be to pay the money.

Carney should be registered. Hasn't played in the NRL since 2014. That's punishment enough.

Most of the serious stuff he did - drink driving etc - occurred a decade or so go.
After all the shit he did who would of thought pissing in his own mouth would be the straw that broke the camels back

I also work nights sometimes and I hate to break it to you but you can't watch the footy on the 9 app or free view app. Sometimes people stream it on YouTube and if that fails there is always leaving it to your imagination with triple M.
My advice would be to pay the money.

I thought nine were actually streaming all the FTA matches now as well. I assumed this would be on 9now. As you say tho Telstra have mobile streaming rights so nine might be restricted with the app.

*EDIT* using the browser (rather than the app) on my phone to access 9now.com.au does seem to play the video.

https://www.9now.com.au/2018-nrl-premiership

Last edited:
I thought nine were actually streaming all the FTA matches now as well. I assumed this would be on 9now. As you say tho Telstra have mobile streaming rights so nine might be restricted with the app.

*EDIT* using the browser (rather than the app) on my phone to access 9now.com.au does seem to play the video.

https://www.9now.com.au/2018-nrl-premiership
Yeah not sure about this year but the pass few years that I've tried downloading every free view app 9now ect it has the game scheduled but when the game actually starts it says program unavailable and won't allow viewing. Same as the cricket unfortunately

**** off ...

/rant

alternatively, anyone actually pay for this useless app and want to loan me your username and passowrd so i can watch the game at work (shhh... don't tell my boss :p )

If you've got a Samsung TV/Phone it's potentially worth the pass as you can stream through the TV at 80% of the TV size.

Still agreed too pricey for dodgy quality Imo.

It is a deadset joke. Everything the NRL does is just so incompetent. I wish I had a product half as good as the NRL to market because this game succeeds despite itself, not because of itself.

Let's be honest here, watching the NRL live or on TV is basically exactly the same experience aside from the crowds and overpriced food. If the NRL was serious, they would turn going to watch a game live into an experience so that people want to attend.

Take rugby union as an example. They took it off free-to-air for a while there and lost a lot of viewers and casual interest. Without knowing any data at all, I would assume they are still suffering the consequences of that boneheaded decision. This attempt at taking the live game away from viewers who don't have access to their home TV will come back to bite the NRL since they haven't added anything to live attendance.

I remember last year (or the year before), I went to a Storm game where they had this fantastic pre-show booked in against the Broncs by just having some live music, projecting pictures of their star players and some limited pyrotechnics, etc. I think it was Slater's return game? There were also some classic Storm moments playing on big screens around the game. I could have a lot of wires crossed there but the point is, it was a spectacle and it wouldn't have taken much effort either really, just a bit of pre-planning. The crowd loved it and the atmosphere was absolutely electric after for the whole game.

I went the next game also and nope, nothing like it, back to the usual nothingness. Why not do something like that pre-game every time? I mean, it doesn't even have to be expensive. Just get some no-name local bands that can get a bit of a buzz going and use some projectors. Throw in a bit of pyrotechnics and boom! We have excitement and people want to attend for the 'experience' not whatever rubbish they have now.

Look at the AFL (as always). Let's be honest, the game itself is a glorified schoolyard lunch game that you play with your friends. BUT when you go live, the experience is SO much better than on tv. They have fan games, competitions, give-aways, those stupid team songs and so much more. Plus, they have a LOT of benefits for members. AND they don't take the game away form the fans by putting stupid restrictions on watching options, I wish they were running this sport.

Rant/Tant over.

Chris Garry reporting that The Storm and Rabbitohs are chasing Corey Oates as a backrower.

Chris Garry reporting that The Storm and Rabbitohs are chasing Corey Oates as a backrower.

To be honest if he wants to go he can go. I hate what he has done by putting himself before the team and it is shit like this that can seep in and lead to attitude problems throughout the club.

I like Oates but his defence is shocking to be honest and if he thinks a move to the back row will improve that he is in for a rude shock.

Sombrero strikes again. Not sure if he'll be in their top 17 regularly or if they're committed to having 4 bench forwards, I think he'd be a nice strike weapon off the bench for them for 20 mins in the 2nd half to give Friend a breather.

Do the Roosters have a Wavell scout or something? They're signing a bunch of Wavell guys recently, Baptiste, Copley, Nikorima, Frei.. All within the last couple of years.

Sombrero strikes again. Not sure if he'll be in their top 17 regularly or if they're committed to having 4 bench forwards, I think he'd be a nice strike weapon off the bench for them for 20 mins in the 2nd half to give Friend a breather.

Do the Roosters have a Wavell scout or something? They're signing a bunch of Wavell guys recently, Baptiste, Copley, Nikorima, Frei.. All within the last couple of years.

That seems to be a pointless signing considering they have Radley.

That seems to be a pointless signing considering they have Radley.

Not pointless. They made sure that clubs like us didn't get an opportunity to sign a decent backup hooker/ bench utility!

No dramas. If he’s not needed by the end of the year, he’ll be “busted” in possession of some substance or other and sacked without a payout...

Look, he's not going to be demanding much, but this is getting absolutely ridiculous that they can sign whoever, whenever, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Stix
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.