NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Roosters took Matt McIlwrick from the Raiders as part of the FPN deal.

The Raiders have released Terry Campese and Campo is off to Super League.

10429345_1027950717230722_1556753819284984853_n.jpg

Hunters- Puara and Teteh to Rabbits.
Albert- Panthers.

Finucane has joined the Storm.

Very good signing for the Storm. Their recruitment is amazing.

Justin O'Neil ---> Cowboys
Blake Ferguson ---> Roosters

The Ferguson signing was only a matter of time and as much as I hate to see a club like the Roosters once again benefit like they did with Carney, I hope it has a better ending.

O'Neil's signing is somewhat surprising and I've got to say now, the Cowboys are well and truly firming. The signing of Moga was a step in the right direction for them, adding a talent like O'Neil could take them to that next level.

Last edited:
Moga and Feldt were easily the worst defensive duo in the comp. Hopefullly (for their sake) he replaces Feldt, and plays on the wing, cause he's kind of a shitty centre.

O'Neil & Winterstein on the wings is a gimme but even then, the ability to play either in centre if something happens with either Moga or Linnett is pretty damn convenient.

On paper, the Cowboys would have to be right up there as one of the best teams in the competition. Now, it's just a matter of getting them to win on the road.

Cowboys continue to have an average spine and unless Granville can develop into a genuine star at hooker I think the Cowboys will fail.

I'd never call a spine with JT in it average, but I take your point and that's going to be a challenge.

With that said, they've got the likes of Mat Scott, James Tamou, Ben Hannant & Jason Taumalolo patrolling the fringe - if Granville can become the player a lot on here seem to think he can become, I believe he'll make JT that much better and in turn the rest of the spine that much better.

Also, I don't think Morgan is as useless as you make him out to be, Lui has shown potential and Coote/King can be handy if they keep fit.

Yeah Cowboys line-up is going to be sick next year, if they can stay healthy they'll be a certainty for top 4.

I still think they should start Coote at Fullback and play Morgan at Five-Eighth, assuming he's 100% fit and is as good as he was before getting injured, but that's just me.

1. Coote
2. Winterstein
3. Moga
4. Linnett
5. O'Neil
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Thompson/King/Granville
10. Tamou
11. Cooper
12. Taumalolo
13. Bolton

14. Thompson/King/Granville
15. Hannant
16. Lowe
17. Tanganoa

Yeah Cowboys line-up is going to be sick next year, if they can stay healthy they'll be a certainty for top 4.

I still think they should start Coote at Fullback and play Morgan at Five-Eighth, assuming he's 100% fit and is as good as he was before getting injured, but that's just me.

1. Coote
2. Winterstein
3. Moga
4. Linnett
5. O'Neil
6. Morgan
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Thompson/King/Granville
10. Tamou
11. Cooper
12. Taumalolo
13. Bolton

14. Thompson/King/Granville
15. Hannant
16. Lowe
17. Tanganoa

Tamou is likely to miss most of next year. The Cowboys being a top 4 certainty we've been saying that for years and they never live up to it.

I haven't seen anything that suggests to me that NQ will be top four material. Mid field for mine but in saying that I mean 6/7/8. They have the experience and leadership to be in the top eight but don't stand out for me. I personally don't care where they finish though .

Matai and Foran are set to ask for releases from their final year of their contract to head elsewhere, big blow for the Sea Eagles if that happens.

That is great news.

"Happy to play for Manly for less". No, happy for back-ended contracts, but when everyone is due their payday, something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Inknition
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • something
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Maroon4life
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • levikaden
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.