NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good pickup for them. Wanna bet they got him on a (cough cough) minimum contract. Like the other half of their squad.

I just think it highlights how 'with it' Sullivan is as the head of recruitment.

Good pickup for them. Wanna bet they got him on a (cough cough) minimum contract. Like the other half of their squad.

Yeh Srama would be on a minimum contract. He didn't exactly have clubs hunting his signature when he was released and wont get a look in at the roosters unless friend is injured. Its a lifeline the Roosters have thrown him like they did a couple of years ago with Mortimer

So Roosters have pretty much close to the best recruiters in the NRL. While we have Andrew McCullough and Travis Waddell.

So Roosters have pretty much close to the best recruiters in the NRL. While we have Andrew McCullough and Travis Waddell.

Well they'd want to be. Otherwise they'd have nobody playing for them.

Yeh Srama would be on a minimum contract. He didn't exactly have clubs hunting his signature when he was released and wont get a look in at the roosters unless friend is injured. Its a lifeline the Roosters have thrown him like they did a couple of years ago with Mortimer

Friend is injured and will miss half the year at least. If Srama does sign with the Roosters, Titans will have to pay a hefty pay out he's still under contract for two years so the Roosters will get him cheap.

Not to worry... we have Wadell!

I'm hopeful anyway. If he's as good as people say he is, surely he'll get a run over Waddell.

Srama is a bloody good hooker so I am surprised he has chosen to go to the Roosters.

Really good depth pickup by the Roosters but Srama would've been better off playing at a club where he was going to play permanent first grade or a permanent starting spot as he has the potential to be a regular first grade player.

Really good depth pickup by the Roosters but Srama would've been better off playing at a club where he was going to play permanent first grade or a permanent starting spot as he has the potential to be a regular first grade player.

Indeed. Clubs that IMO he would be their best choice as starting #9:
* Raiders
* Knights
* Cowboys
* Dragons
* Warriors
* Titans
Arguably even the Bulldogs while Lichaa settles in.

They've jumped the gun there- he hasn't signed yet.

CONFUSION surrounds Matt Srama’s move to the Roosters after the Gold Coast discard contacted the Rugby League Players Association over a $200,000 contract dispute with the Titans.
Srama’s planned move to the Roosters has hit a roadblock after the Titans baulked at paying out the final year of the rake’s existing two-year deal.
That stance prompted affirmative action from Srama, who yesterday sought help from RLPA player-welfare manager Michael Crocker to ensure the Titans fully honour the contract he signed.
Srama last night vowed to “stand up for my rights” at a time when Broncos coach Wayne Bennett called for a designated NRL transfer window, labelling the current process a “rort”.
The pint-sized Titans hooker is one of 20 players who have changed clubs in the past six weeks, heading a list that includes Ben Barba, Adam Blair, Gerard Beale, Martin Kennedy and Josh Hoffman.
Srama has agreed to terms with the Roosters on a 12-month deal which includes the Titans paying a portion of his salary.
But the hooker is now reluctant to formally sign, believing he is owed more and the severance package should acknowledge his terms for 2016, worth about $200,000.
Titans CEO Graham Annesley said Srama, through his management, agreed to a deal with the Roosters that would see the Gold Coast contribute to part of his salary for 2015. But the one-year deal with the Roosters is a year less than Srama has guaranteed on the Gold Coast and the 23-year-old is worried about a potential shortfall in earnings, prompting a possible backflip.
Srama said he had no ill-feeling towards the Titans for showing him the door but simply wants a payout that honours the second year of his overall contract.
“Hopefully I’ll get a chance at the Roosters but some other things have got to get over the line on the Titans’ behalf, time will tell,” Srama said yesterday.
“It’s been a hectic few days, so I thought I’d ring the RLPA and ask for advice on a few things.
“I asked Michael Crocker a few questions, I won’t go into exact details but they are personal things and he gave me some advice on where I stand. It’s good to get some peace of mind because I just want to stand up for myself as a professional athlete.
“I have nothing against the Gold Coast, they are a good club, but I’ve signed a contract with the Titans for two years and I’m entitled to that.
“I don’t want any more or less, I just want what I signed for.”
Srama signed a two-year extension with the Titans just six months ago, but the departure of foundation coach John Cartwright has left the hooker on the outer.
Srama said he agreed with comments by Bennett, who yesterday lashed the NRL’s raft of off-season transfers.
“I totally understand how the NRL works. I am not dirty at all that I’ve been told to go elsewhere, that’s footy,” he said.
“The Titans don’t see me in their plans, which is OK, but the way things get handled, it has to be more professional.
“I was reading an article about Wayne Bennett and how he described things as a rort these days. It’s true, it is a bit of a rort, I’m not sour about it but things need to be handled better in my opinion.
“The main thing I’m concerned about is player welfare and not leaving guys to fend for themselves. I’m not a very opinionated guy but I’ll stand up for my rights.
“A lot of guys get moved on, look at Ben Barba, but I had a contract and all I ask for is a fair go on what I signed.”
Annesley said the Titans were comfortable with the agreement that had been reached. “Matt agreed to terms through his manager and the Roosters,” he said.

If he's only on 200K, literally any team should just pay that much for a year and see how he goes, hopefully injury free. ****, I hope we pay that much.

Tommy Butterfield down to Melbourne tomorrow.

Either Merrin thinks he's way better than he is, or his manager has grossly inflated how much he thinks he can get.

-----

Trent Merrin rejects St George Illawarra record deal to negotiate with other NRL clubs

TRENT Merrin has reportedly rejected St George Illawarra’s record contract offer and will shop himself around the NRL before signing a deal for 2016.
The St George & Sutherland Shire Leader is reporting that Merrin has turned down the Dragons’ three year offer, believed to be worth about $600,000-a-season — a deal that would break the record for the most a forward at the club has been paid.

The Leader quoted Merrin’s manager, Wayne Beavis, who reportedly told the Dragons their offer was too low.

“We will be talking with other clubs now. There are plenty of them interested,” Beavis is quoted.
“We won’t be chasing them (the Dragons), that’s for sure.
“The offer they made is not in the spirit of the negotiations.”
Merrin, 25, is a State of Origin forward, and has been made top priority for the Dragons in a roster rebuild that is being spearheaded by recruitment guru Peter Mulholland.
In a wideranging interview, Mulholland told the Daily Telegraph this week the club was hoping to re-sign Merrin for 2016 and beyond by Christmas.
“It is the best offer the Dragons have ever made a forward,” Mulholland said.
“It will make him one of the highest paid middle players in the game.
“We are just waiting for Trent (to decide).”

-----

“The offer they made is not in the spirit of the negotiations.” Seriously??? He's no Sam Burgess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.