NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Srama has backflipped on his Roosters deal:

-----

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-the-roosters/story-fni3grk4-1227141660253

Matt Srama will remain at the Titans after having a change of heart over his move to the Roosters

GOLD Coast’s Matt Srama will remain at the Titans after having a change of heart over his move to the Sydney Roosters.

The 23-year-old hooker was back at training with the Titans last week, despite the Roosters announcing on November 20 they’d signed him on a one-year deal.

Titans’ assistant coach Terry Matterson confirmed Srama had backed out of the move to the Roosters at the last minute and will instead be staying on the Gold Coast.

“As far as I’m aware that’s where it is at the moment,” Matterson said.

“Obviously there was a bit of a misunderstanding and things weren’t just quite sorted out. Matty had a bit of change of mind at the last moment.

“For the foreseeable future Matty’s going to be a Titans player.”

Lolz.

Merrin is good, but he's not THAT good, hopefully he ends up signing with someone like the Raiders for $1mill a year.

Not sure if that's the right move from Srama.. he's clearly behind Falloon in the pecking order at the Titans, and they also just signed a good up and coming Hooker in Moseley..

He would've had a good few months at the Roosters whilst Friend was out to prove his worth to some other club for 2016, but now he won't.

Either Merrin thinks he's way better than he is, or his manager has grossly inflated how much he thinks he can get.

-----

Trent Merrin rejects St George Illawarra record deal to negotiate with other NRL clubs

TRENT Merrin has reportedly rejected St George Illawarra’s record contract offer and will shop himself around the NRL before signing a deal for 2016.
The St George & Sutherland Shire Leader is reporting that Merrin has turned down the Dragons’ three year offer, believed to be worth about $600,000-a-season — a deal that would break the record for the most a forward at the club has been paid.

The Leader quoted Merrin’s manager, Wayne Beavis, who reportedly told the Dragons their offer was too low.

“We will be talking with other clubs now. There are plenty of them interested,” Beavis is quoted.
“We won’t be chasing them (the Dragons), that’s for sure.
“The offer they made is not in the spirit of the negotiations.”
Merrin, 25, is a State of Origin forward, and has been made top priority for the Dragons in a roster rebuild that is being spearheaded by recruitment guru Peter Mulholland.
In a wideranging interview, Mulholland told the Daily Telegraph this week the club was hoping to re-sign Merrin for 2016 and beyond by Christmas.
“It is the best offer the Dragons have ever made a forward,” Mulholland said.
“It will make him one of the highest paid middle players in the game.
“We are just waiting for Trent (to decide).”

-----

“The offer they made is not in the spirit of the negotiations.” Seriously??? He's no Sam Burgess.

Ummmm... what? delusional

Whilst I have no genuine clue, I have read from a few Dragons supporters that there is more to these negotiations than has been told in the papers, and that the Dragons making a big noise about this huge sum to which Beavis swiftly declined was a move made by the Dragons to take the heat off them for being in a shit balls position still. Maybe that was what was meant by the spirit of the negotiations. Anyway, I don't know, maybe he is just a greedy prick?

Not sure if that's the right move from Srama.. he's clearly behind Falloon in the pecking order at the Titans, and they also just signed a good up and coming Hooker in Moseley..

He would've had a good few months at the Roosters whilst Friend was out to prove his worth to some other club for 2016, but now he won't.

It SHOULD be the right move. But it sounds like it won't be because Titans are incompetent. Falloon, lol.

And Srama has backflipped on his Roosters deal:

-----

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-the-roosters/story-fni3grk4-1227141660253

Matt Srama will remain at the Titans after having a change of heart over his move to the Roosters

GOLD Coast’s Matt Srama will remain at the Titans after having a change of heart over his move to the Sydney Roosters.

The 23-year-old hooker was back at training with the Titans last week, despite the Roosters announcing on November 20 they’d signed him on a one-year deal.

Titans’ assistant coach Terry Matterson confirmed Srama had backed out of the move to the Roosters at the last minute and will instead be staying on the Gold Coast.

“As far as I’m aware that’s where it is at the moment,” Matterson said.

“Obviously there was a bit of a misunderstanding and things weren’t just quite sorted out. Matty had a bit of change of mind at the last moment.

“For the foreseeable future Matty’s going to be a Titans player.”

He hasn't backflipped because he never signed a deal with the Roosters, I said that at the time.

Merrin will end up at the Roosters.

FPN to the Raiders.

Source: Big League twitter

Money could be used elsewhere they already have 2 good props.

This really just asks the question, would you rather Hook back as head coach or Ricky Stuart?

This really just asks the question, would you rather Hook back as head coach or Ricky Stuart?

Hook back. without question. Although that question really is like asking would you rather AIDS or cancer

FTR Hook's overall winning percentage is higher than Stuarts. Hook's is 54% and Ricky is 50%.

I'd rather Hook back, because I think he showed improvement and more flexibility towards the end of his tenure here, Stewart has just been awful every season.

Money could be used elsewhere they already have 2 good props.

2 good props isn't enough, you need a good rotation. I don't rate him too highly, but I can see some value of getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • davidp
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.