NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2015

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently the Tigers CEO or whoever is offering Farah a lifetime deal. I gotta admit, it's kinda entertaining watching the Tigers and Titans trainwrecks.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Anyone who thinks McCullough is on par with Friend has passed into the realm of delusion I'm afraid, Friend is much, much better overall.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently the Tigers CEO or whoever is offering Farah a lifetime deal. I gotta admit, it's kinda entertaining watching the Tigers and Titans trainwrecks.

Only because farah is demanding a full payout with his release

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Anyone who thinks McCullough is on par with Friend has passed into the realm of delusion I'm afraid, Friend is much, much better overall.

In your opinion. I could say the exact reverse thing back to you, but it would achieve nothing.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Man this forum goes crazy in the off-season, one thread is about how McGuire is bog average and worse than most props in the NRL and another is calling McCullough one of the best hookers in the game, in the same league as Smith.

You guys are bonkers

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Who said McGuire is bog average?

Can you post a link to the post?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Man this forum goes crazy in the off-season, one thread is about how McGuire is bog average and worse than most props in the NRL and another is calling McCullough one of the best hookers in the game, in the same league as Smith.

You guys are bonkers

Who ever said the Macca was the same league as Smith? Why do you exaggerate everything? It's impossible to have a discussion when everything is exaggerated.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Who ever said the Macca was the same league as Smith? Why do you exaggerate everything? It's impossible to have a discussion when everything is exaggerated.

Friend is the 3rd best hooker in Australia, potentially even 2nd best depending on how much Farah regresses this year, so by saying McCullough is equal if not better than Friend, you're saying he's in the same class as Smith, how is that exaggerated?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Friend is the 3rd best hooker in Australia, potentially even 2nd best depending on how much Farah regresses this year, so by saying McCullough is equal if not better than Friend, you're saying he's in the same class as Smith, how is that exaggerated?

Look I'm with this ridiculousness so this is the last I will say.

There are tiers of players. Smith is on his own level with Farah on his day. Friend is the next tier down which is where McCullough is do. There are varied levels within that tier and at times last year Macca was higher at times friend was higher. To suggest there is that wider gap is as ludicrous as to suggest either are on the same level as smith (which no-one did).

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Look I'm with this ridiculousness so this is the last I will say.

There are tiers of players. Smith is on his own level with Farah on his day. Friend is the next tier down which is where McCullough is do. There are varied levels within that tier and at times last year Macca was higher at times friend was higher. To suggest there is that wider gap is as ludicrous as to suggest either are on the same level as smith (which no-one did).
I agree with everything you've said here except Macca being better, at all. Obviously we're now arguing something that's subjective so no one is "right" so to speak, but to me, Friend is definitely a level above McCullough.

I've never said Macca is shit, he isn't, he's just middle of the pack, kind of like Reed, he's not a world beater but he's also not shit. I'd call him a reliable, solid first grader. Friend is a real threat out of dummy half, and a genuinely "good" player. That's the difference for me.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
This has probably already been said, but, surely Farrah must have a contact value assigned to him regardless of what the roosters actually pay for him. For 1 club to seemingly pick all the minimum wage bargains makes a joke of the cap.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
In regards to the Friend hype, I think he has excellent service, but that's about it. He has a decent kicking game, but he often takes dumb/the wrong options (refer to when he randomly grubbered it dead on the second tackle in the semi). Macca has an elite defensive and long kicking game, but is average when it comes to service; the broncos also don't tunnel ball like the rorters and Dogs, so that may contort our perceptions a bit. I think Niko is one to watch out for based off his form for NZ.

EDIT: Friend is also very good at running from dummy half as well. They are different players with different strengths.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I too like the upward projection of KNik and I think Macca needs to look over his shoulder if he wants to stave off that challenge in the next two to three years. KNik has a lot of Isaac Luke about him, definitely not the same but there are also clear similarities.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Macca has an elite long kicking game

Now I've heard everything lol, his kicking game isn't remotely good, if it was good he'd kick the ball more than once a game. Having a 50% strike-rate on decent kicks to awful kicks ratio when you only take 1-2 a game is not what you'd consider elite my friend.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Now I've heard everything lol, his kicking game isn't remotely good, if it was good he'd kick the ball more than once a game. Having a 50% strike-rate on decent kicks to awful kicks ratio when you only take 1-2 a game is not what you'd consider elite my friend.
Yeah this. I can't accept Macca as having a good kicking game. He kicks once or twice a game, and will sometimes not even kick during a game. Smith has an elite long kicking game, Farah has an elite short kicking game, Macca's kicking game is average. If he had a great boot on him, I'm sure we'd see him take on much more kicking duties, especially since Hunt is pretty much our only long distance kicker.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Imagine how good Macca would be if teams were penalised for their markers standing side by side or even offside against us.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
We made the grand final, right? With Macca there?

Unread

Active Now

• Bronco bob
  • Brotherdu
  • Midean
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • The Boss
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Redux
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.