NRL Player Movements and Rumours 2015

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Exactly, imagine how easy we would've made the final if we had Friend instead!

Are you trolling with this now? Serious question btw.

Seeing friend is so much better than Macca, how Coke he couldn't lead his team to a victory against us to get into the grand final?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Are you trolling with this now? Serious question btw.

Seeing friend is so much better than Macca, how Coke he couldn't lead his team to a victory against us to get into the grand final?

Was that a Gold Coast Titans reference?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Newsflash people : Friend isn't coming to the Broncos . Go Macca!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I give up trying with you, I'm to the point that I hope you are trolling.

IW3D1PO.gif

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
According to the SMH, the NRL are not going to allow Farah to join the Roosters (or any club) for minimum wage, with the Tigers picking up the majority of the tab.

Regardless of what Farah gets paid, he will apparently have to be registered on the cap a figure that us "fair and reasonable" for a player of his standing.

NRL to block bargain deals for Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah with rival clubs

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
According to the SMH, the NRL are not going to allow Farah to join the Roosters (or any club) for minimum wage, with the Tigers picking up the majority of the tab.

Regardless of what Farah gets paid, he will apparently have to be registered on the cap a figure that us "fair and reasonable" for a player of his standing.

NRL to block bargain deals for Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah with rival clubs

I don't believe it, something completely fair and sensible that disadvantages the roosters, but it's not April fools day?!?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gee the West Tigers are a real rabble. They have no real excuses. They continue to produce brilliant young talent but they don't develop them or choose to keep the wrong ones. TBH I think getting rid of Mitchell Moses and pairing Brooks with a mature half would be a good option for them. Wouldn't Blake Austin make the ideal partner for Brooks. I am really surprised with how tight their cap space is considering the lack or real mature out and out stars of the game.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If Jake Friend was on the market I reckon over 10 clubs would be lined up trying to sign him. He is a very good player and the next number 9 for QLD.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
You all realise we are getting a solid performance from macca for what the team needs right?

You do all realise upgrading every player's position to a better version player eventually leads to chaos right?

Synergy. One word. That's what the broncos have to their advantage over most other clubs.

Players who are solid team players and non-standouts are good for a team and a team environment. They allow the genuine superstars to grow with decent support aground them.

Eventually, your copleys, kahus, oates type players will move up to rep level. Contacts will need upgrading. At this time, you need players who have reached their ceiling around them. Team cohesion, understudies and junior players coming up to replace retirees is what a good, balanced roster needs. The worst thing to do is something like Souths or manly where you are squeezing out players for the sake of the individuals. Which is what would happen if you're constantly upgrading players to better versions of their respective position.

Macca is good for the longevity of our success. Friend still has a higher ceiling to reach cap wise. He's also not necessary. Macca does a good job and supports the standouts around him. Glad we have him

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I don't believe it, something completely fair and sensible that disadvantages the roosters, but it's not April fools day?!?

They must have another superstar locked up. GI, Hayne, Andrew Johns?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The Cowboys are ready to pounce on James Roberts if he leaves the Gold Coast.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So, McQueen apparently won't be joining the Titans after the negotiation process broke down.. But Griffin has been trying to get him. Panthers want Souths to release him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Penrith are a little short on fringe running talent, but I'm not sure chasing McQueen is the right option.

Anything over $300K is a rip-off. I wouldn't even be willing to pay 200K for him, but could understand the rationale if you were truly desperate. Even then, you could probably sign a better player from the ESL on that sort of money as well as a few QRL and NSW Cup prospects who just need to be in the right system.

Unread

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.