NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good pick up. He is one I would have been interested in.
You say that, but it's been reported to be $500k for 3yrs (ie. an Offa deal).

I think there's a fair amount of risk involved in that given he basically only showed some promise last year and I think he was generally only playing 40mins a game as well.

I'd want to see a little more of him this year to make sure it wasn't a one year wonder

I think there's a fair amount of risk involved in that given he basically only showed some promise last year and I think he was generally only playing 40mins a game as well.

I'd want to see a little more of him this year to make sure it wasn't a one year wonder
Bloody hell, that's expensive. Mind you, it's less so when you weigh it up against Macca on more than that, and Bent Hunt on more than twice that much.

I'm surprised for that sort of money that they didn't try and get Matt Lodge with us paying some of the difference.

Well yeah, when you put it that way, it is a no brainer to bypass him. I wasn't aware it was 500k.

Reports on Fox Sports that Ryan Matterson is being shopped to rival clubs by his manager.

the dickhead only just got to Parra ... if I was in charge of recruitment at a club, i'd be staying right away from this guy

Reports on Fox Sports that Ryan Matterson is being shopped to rival clubs by his manager.

the dickhead only just got to Parra ... if I was in charge of recruitment at a club, i'd be staying right away from this guy
He’s off contract at the end of the year (PO) so he’s well within his rights. It would burn Parra a bit though and fair enough.

He has come across like a gronk in the media but I’ve seen and heard a few reports that he’s a pretty good bloke. Pretty good player, I guess his uncle would know what kind of bloke he is, and if he is decent outside of his agent’s money chasing, he could be a good pick up.

He’s off contract at the end of the year (PO) so he’s well within his rights. It would burn Parra a bit though and fair enough.

He has come across like a gronk in the media but I’ve seen and heard a few reports that he’s a pretty good bloke. Pretty good player, I guess his uncle would know what kind of bloke he is, and if he is decent outside of his agent’s money chasing, he could be a good pick up.

We don't need mercenaries, we need guys who want to be at the club.

I can't see how Parra would be pissed. They're the ones that previously secured his services by offering more - which contributed to that player breaking their old contract to defect. If anything, the Eels deserve someone to offer Matterson over overs so he bitches and moans again and leaves early... again.

Eels pull the contract offer for Nathan Brown according to reports. They gave him a deadline to sign, he didnt sign so they pulled the offer. We need to start doing that instead of letting everything drag on.
It’s a bit similar what they did with Walsh, take our offer or leave it type stuff. It’s a step in the right direction.

Eels pull the contract offer for Nathan Brown according to reports. They gave him a deadline to sign, he didnt sign so they pulled the offer. We need to start doing that instead of letting everything drag on.
They have papali’i now, I’d play hardball with brown too.

If true, they have B. Smith, Burton and JAC all there next year. They're surely going to be pushing for top 8 next year if not be in there.

1. Allen
2. DWZ?
3. Hopoate
4. Cotric
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Ogden
9. Smith
10. Hetherington
11. Elliott
12. Jackson
13. Stimson

14. Marshall-King
15. Napa?
16. Katoa?
17. Waddell?

I'm not sure who goes in the question mark spots but that team has the potential to be lethal, if their forwards can lay a platform.

I'm sure Bulldog fans start the rumour to conjure up some doubt in the minds of potential signings. If somebody like Piakura were ruminating as to where to go this sort of doubt might have him trying to read between the lines and get him thinking 'there has to be something in it'. We should start our own rumour and say we've had a firm commitment from Harry Grant that he'll sign with us on his next contract bcos he wants to move out of the hell hole that is Melbourne.

If true, they have B. Smith, Burton and JAC all there next year. They're surely going to be pushing for top 8 next year if not be in there.
Yep agree.
Their rebuild looks like it’s going faster than ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Emanon
  • The Don
  • bazza
  • vertigo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Spoon
  • bert_lifts
  • pennywisealfie
  • Financeguy
  • The Strapper
  • simplythebest
  • broncs30
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.