NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I don’t like the Dragons but this is shit from Ben Hunt. You signed a contract, end of story. You want the big money so you sign the big contract you don’t get to crack the shits half way through. If a Bronco was doing this I would be livid. You can’t be opposed to want Payne Haas did but be cool with this.

This

not to mention he had the opportunity to leave, but choose to sign a new contract. and it's not like the Dragons have all of a sudden gone from premiership contenders to spoon contenders, they have sucked for years.

I mean I don’t like the Dragons but this is shit from Ben Hunt. You signed a contract, end of story. You want the big money so you sign the big contract you don’t get to crack the shits half way through. If a Bronco was doing this I would be livid. You can’t be opposed to want Payne Haas did but be cool with this.

Exactly. Dont care how good a player they are, if they do this shit for me there is very little coming back from it from my point of view. They are putting themselves before the team, which is a huge no-no imo. The second they bring it into the public domain instead of dealing with it in house i'd just get shot of them because it shows they are only committed as long as things are how they want them. Doesnt work like that.

Hunt has been the team for a few years now. He’s carried them and has every right to want out if there’s backstage drama going on that’s distracting from the on field stuff. On top of that, I wouldn’t be surprised if players didn’t trust Flanagan after his last stint. He shouldn’t even be coaching again.

Hunt has been the team for a few years now. He’s carried them and has every right to want out if there’s backstage drama going on that’s distracting from the on field stuff. On top of that, I wouldn’t be surprised if players didn’t trust Flanagan after his last stint. He shouldn’t even be coaching again.
i read that what put him over was they players turning up the morning to train the same day that hook got the arse and having to answer questions about it no idea if it is true or not

Both very good points. I suppose it depends on the terms of the contract, or what Hunt believed he was signing up for.
If he is fundamentally opposed to Flanagan coaching, or Hook being sacked, you basically then are left with a disgruntled employee who can really disrupt the team. Especially if that player is essentially running/carrying the team.
It's a bit different to most merc signing situations, where players are chasing money. In fact, it may mean Hunt loses a few hundred k, and has to move, etc., for his own happiness.

Both very good points. I suppose it depends on the terms of the contract, or what Hunt believed he was signing up for.
If he is fundamentally opposed to Flanagan coaching, or Hook being sacked, you basically then are left with a disgruntled employee who can really disrupt the team. Especially if that player is essentially running/carrying the team.
It's a bit different to most merc signing situations, where players are chasing money. In fact, it may mean Hunt loses a few hundred k, and has to move, etc., for his own happiness.
Just needs to come out and say ill never play for the dragons again ala chicken sammich guy seemed to work a treat

Just needs to come out and say ill never play for the dragons again ala chicken sammich guy seemed to work a treat
I mean, it's not like Hunt hasn't been patient with the Dragons 😅

I mean, it's not like Hunt hasn't been patient with the Dragons 😅
i think if they didnt dick hook around and just fired him they might have been a better chance at him staying but now they have form of being a rabble i cant blame him for wanting out

I know he won't want to play Hooker but I'd be fine with a Hunt cameo for 2023 before he nips off to another club for the last few years. Billy can play big minutes so if Hunt is happy to play 20-30 off the bench then bring him in. No guilt from me, we've had plenty of players leave mid season and play for other clubs but I don't remember any going the other way.

Can’t support Hunt doing this if you objected to Haas. He can look at his options in 2025

Difference there was Haas and his entourage wanted more money .
Hunt is just sick of being in losing teams .
And like he explained a cpl of months back re Hook , he didn`t want to go through another rebuild .

Difference there was Haas and his entourage wanted more money .
Hunt is just sick of being in losing teams .
And like he explained a cpl of months back re Hook , he didn`t want to go through another rebuild .
Copout answer.
He could have signed for a year, Griffin being sacked was always a high probability even before he re-signed.

Copout answer.
He could have signed for a year, Griffin being sacked was always a high probability even before he re-signed.

He also re signed for less money than he signed on for originally .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • ethanjoker9
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • kman
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.