NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL.com is claiming that Heatherington is likely to follow Barrett to the Dogs too.

If they can somehow find a decent hooker they might be able to finish higher than 15th next season.

a couple of rumours doing the rounds:

Laurie Daley thinks the Roosters are trying to get Pearce back to replace Flanagan

Weidler thinks there are talks of a potential swap between the Eels and Knights for Pearce and Moses

So basically the Rooster, Eels and Knights aren't happy with their half back. Add them to the list along with Dogs, Tigers, Sharks, Dragons and Cowboys.

Makes me that much more anxious that we tie down Dearden ASAP.

Kyle Flanagan has reportedly been told by the Roosters that they won't be renewing his contract ... so 2021 will be his last season for them (unless they release him earlier)

We don't have any PNG players (who thrive on heavy contact) in our squad let alone their best players and the Broncos name used to be almost worshiped up there. This is another field we have let the Storm take the lead in. we need to claim this back. Where are our tough as teak wingers from Fiji as well? It's like we've been asleep at the wheel for the last decade.

We don't have any PNG players (who thrive on heavy contact) in our squad let alone their best players and the Broncos name used to be almost worshiped up there. This is another field we have let the Storm take the lead in. we need to claim this back. Where are our tough as teak wingers from Fiji as well? It's like we've been asleep at the wheel for the last decade.

We don’t get the best players from Qld, why worry about getting the best from PNG, NSW, Fiji, England or elsewhere?

Our scouts just go, hey that kid is bigger and faster and more physically developed than all the other 12 year olds out there sign him up and I’m off to the pub.

Bulldogs met with Burton’s family on the weekend
They are closing in hard on him with a big deal
Good player. No room for him at Penrith but he's too good to not be getting a run somewhere.

We had a Fijian Winger on our books this year. The problem is we buy the Wish.com version instead of the real thing.

I’m not very up to date in the Eels roster movements but does anyone more informed think it was unusual timing that Eels apparently signed Opecic on a big 1 year deal just before MJ gets stung?

Wouldnt surprise me if they had an idea he pissed hot.

We should sign Nixon Putt

If i was to describe him, i would say he was an edge back rower version of Justin Olam. Typical PNG player. Quick, runs hard, hits hard, short and stocky. Can cover centers as well. Dont think we would have much to lose giving a couple of ISC players like him and Grant 1 year deals. There are some good players to be had from the ISC. I thought we should have given Toby Rudolph a shot when he was at Redcliffe and he has worked out really well for the sharkies.

If i was to describe him, i would say he was an edge back rower version of Justin Olam. Typical PNG player. Quick, runs hard, hits hard, short and stocky. Can cover centers as well. Dont think we would have much to lose giving a couple of ISC players like him and Grant 1 year deals. There are some good players to be had from the ISC. I thought we should have given Toby Rudolph a shot when he was at Redcliffe and he has worked out really well for the sharkies.

And they would at least bring some experience on the cheap which our side desperately needs.

What’s his profile/stats like?

2019 - 20 Games, 7 tries, 3 Line-Breaks, 14 Offloads, 21.5 Avg Tackles, 3.2 Avg Missed, 105.67 Avg Metres

Pretty ordinary that's even before looking at errors and penalties.

2019 - 20 Games, 7 tries, 3 Line-Breaks, 14 Offloads, 21.5 Avg Tackles, 3.2 Avg Missed, 105.67 Avg Metres

Pretty ordinary that's even before looking at errors and penalties.
Thanks Pete I had a look at his highlight reel. He plays second row and I thought his stats looked better than our current captain.

Alex Glenn - 8 Games, 0 Tries, 0 Line-Breaks, 0 Offloads, 31.75 Avg Tackles, 2.38 Missed, 65.63 Avg Metres

Could certainly make that argument, Glenn had a shocking year. Still think there's better players out there than Putt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Cavalo
  • Behold
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LittleDavey
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Inknition
  • Strop
  • MrRobot
  • JamesC
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.