NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is concerning that other clubs are getting stuff done while we just sit on our hands and do nothing.

your assuming we are doing nothing ...

i'm hopeful that we have gone back to the days of being relatively leak free and not knowing about the moves taking place until they have been completed

Even in the Queensland Cup you've got Patrick Kaufusi, Brendan Frei, Temone Power, Kalani Going, Hayden Schwass etc.

Keep in mind too, Putt is a 175cm edge forward with suspect defence and poor discipline. I don't see any upside, a solid Qld Cup player who works in Smith's system but not exactly somebody that you bring into an NRL system.

Especially with a view of only having him here for 12 months. It took Olam years and he stood out a lot more than Putt has.

I don't mind the Grant suggestion because he is a stand-out and he's somebody who should be in an NRL system. If Covid didn't happen, he most likely would have picked up a deal somewhere and been a really handy player to have had off the bench.

The Broncos do need to be careful with the amount of Queensland Cup players they sign. Yes, Melbourne have had some tremendous success but they've had 18 seasons to get that system in place and get the balance right. The Broncos completely destroyed that balance under their old regime and they need to prioritise a few NRL signings.

Otherwise it just ends up becoming a Newcastle 2016 situation where Brown recruited reserve grade players and got reserve grade performances.

I still reckon Nixon would go alright! His size for an edge back rower in terms of height is a bit of a concern, but I never read a lot into stats tbh. I think he has the tools to do well. I guess it all depends on whether the coach thinks he can take whats there and make it work and improve it. Thats something you have to do with a lot of ISC players. Shannon Walker looked a superstar but never made any impact. Attitude can go a long way.

What about meaney at fullback for us?

i'm hopeful that we have gone back to the days of being relatively leak free and not knowing about the moves taking place until they have been completed

Yeah man, I want to believe that too. The problem is that the evidence throughout this season does not bode well that behind the scenes shenanigans are happening. After all, Karl Morris needs to leak to his boss's papers.

Unless Hoppa stays fullback I doubt they let Meaney go anywhere while Okunbur is out.

That is an amazing thought and maybe it is, but given this club's history it is far more likely there are no leaks because nothing is happening. All the same halfwits are still in charge so how could there be any change?

To assume that things are happening that aren't being leaked is to assume that Kevvie who this same administration had previously rejected has walked in told them they need to stop leaking shit and this would have had to be a shock to him and these arrogant ***** would need to listen to the guy they had already rejected.

Unlikely.

That is an amazing thought and maybe it is, but given this club's history it is far more likely there are no leaks because nothing is happening. All the same halfwits are still in charge so how could there be any change?

To assume that things are happening that aren't being leaked is to assume that Kevvie who this same administration had previously rejected has walked in told them they need to stop leaking shit and this would have had to be a shock to him and these arrogant ***** would need to listen to the guy they had already rejected.

Unlikely.

Yeah, this. I like to think Kevvie walked in there like the new sheriff in town and told the hacks to get the **** out of the way, but the fact that they're even still there at all (and Paul White can just decide himself to stick around longer than he was supposed to for.....reasons) after such a disgusting season and the first spoon in the clubs history tells me that the same old incompetent assholes still have their hands around the throat of the club. Morris, White and pretty much all the rest of the board should have been chased out of the joint with their tails between their legs the moment the full time siren sounded in Round 20, yet they're all still there.

Last edited:

Unlikely.

or they've learned from their past mistakes (even if they don't admit them publicly) ... some people do actually do that

or they've learned from their past mistakes (even if they don't admit them publicly) ... some people do actually do that
Yeah 100% but they have made mistake after mistake after mistake so why would it be reasonable to assume they have learnt from it now?

It would be like a guy that keeps stealing shit and going back to prison. After the 5th time where he claims to have learnt his lesson you would be fair to assume that he would be knocking off shit again before night fall.

heard this morning theyre looking at rule changes again for next season ....has anyone heard if its the ones they put in for our last game? Or will they be making them up as the season progresses? 🙄

Really annoys me we are going to be out of the running for a player like Burton.

Really annoys me we are going to be out of the running for a player like Burton.
He's a young NSW'men living in Sydney... the most likely scenario is he goes to one of the 8 Shitney teams.

The only way we can get him up here is to sell it to him and we aren't in a great position to be selling ourselves.

We used to have Bennett to lure players to the club for the experience of being coached by him. Melbourne use Bellamy for the same purpose or they have superstar talent that the player can learn from.

We currently have none of that so that probably leaves us with over inflating the contract to get him up here.

Our better options are looking for qld talent currently down in Sydney that may want to come home

Last edited:
He's a young NSW'men living in Sydney... the most likely scenario is he goes to one of the 8 Shitney teams.

The only way we can get him up here is to sell it to him and we aren't in a great position to be selling ourselves.

We used to have Bennett to lure players to the club for the experience of being coached by him. Melbourne use Bellamy for the same purpose or they have superstar talent that the player can learn from.

We currently have none of that so that probably leaves us with over inflating the contract to get him up here.

Our better options are looking for qld talent currently down in Sydney that may want to come home

I honestly just dont see any QLD half around his age anywhere near as talented. Even after this year, and looking at that player survey, we are still a very attractive proposition imo. We a lot of upside even in this rebuilding stage.

I honestly just dont see any QLD half around his age anywhere near as talented. Even after this year, and looking at that player survey, we are still a very attractive proposition imo. We a lot of upside even in this rebuilding stage.
I guess we'll see how attractive a team we actually are in the coming years.... apparently half the squad is leaving if you listen to Petey B

Lachlan Burr has signed with the Cowboys

Tom Opacic, Joey Lussick and Isaiah Papali’i have signed with the Eels

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.