NRL Players and family members in hot water

Bring him to the Broncos, that kind of experience and willingness to speak out in a leadership role would do wonders with this side.
Yep. We have a few kids who need to learn about manning up when shit is bad. Is it any wonder that when this journeyman was called up for the worst Qld team in history he fucken delivered. I would sign him.

I would also sign him. He is a good player and is just like "yeah this happened, its pretty shit but eh I was young and dumb". If the NRL makes an issue of it i'll be pretty disappointed.

He’s a quality player and fun to watch. Much better than Oates in the backrow, on the wing or as a utility. Hope we sign him.

Another idiot who can't handle the booze.

Wrong room at the right address. Let’s lock him up.

Make that two dodged bullets with players leaving this season.

Ray Hadley has revealed Hopoate is facing charges over the assault of a woman known to him.
“I would think that if the charges are sustained that would mean the end of Jamil Hopoate’s rugby league career at the age of 26,” Ray said.

Last edited:
sci-fi GIF

things are looking up

Last edited:
What a fucking moron. Not his first offence either, so he clearly has some issues.

I hope this bloke can get the help he needs because I doubt he'll find another club now.

So glad with the sounds of silence... just hard training going on with the Broncs, refreshing. This time last year we had the drunk non driving and the Bali incident, both young gentleman now no longer our problem, might have missed some events?

Great that we are talking about Milford's lack of skin folds and not how Tinder or Balinese policing works... ahhh.. silence..

Oh... and what a classic Gold Coast thing to have done.. some genuine momentum being built and a promising next season on the horizon, then they go and sign a non spine option on 'Alan Bond' overs purely on the basis of one upping the Broncs.. just classic shoot themselves in the foot Gold Coast unfortunately.

Last edited:
So glad with the sounds of silence... just hard training going on with the Broncs, refreshing. This time last year we had the drunk non driving and the Bali incident, both young gentleman now no longer our problem, might have missed some events?

Great that we are talking about Milford's lack of skin folds and not how Tinder or Balinese policing works... ahhh.. silence..

Oh... and what a classic Gold Coast thing to have done.. some genuine momentum being built and a promising next season on the horizon, then they go and sign a non spine option on 'Alan Bond' overs purely on the basis of one upping the Broncs.. just classic shoot themselves in the foot Gold Coast unfortunately.
Potentially could be another Hayne scenario for them unfortunately.

Potentially could be another Hayne scenario for them unfortunately.
What I think will happen is Fifita marked 'first offence' by the Tits. A contract that big, a club aware of Bali and the experience of Hayne should have prompted the Tits to absolutely ensure they have a way out of the contract if Fifita ***** up.

I'd say the Tits have this covered.

The most worrying aspect of the Bali incident is that he was seemingly too dumb to bribe dirty cops without help from club officials.

I'd say minor issue not non issue.
Some guys find trouble especially if they have an opinion of themselves because they play footy.
Fifi is potentially going down that path, let's hope not.
Every time something like this happens I imagine myself in that position. I think back to how I was at the same age and know that there's no way in hell I wouldn't have been just as stupid.

This doesn't apply to rape and/or assault scenarios as I didn't actually ever want to hurt people that way. However I could see myself in a bad situation from poor decisions whilst drunk. I had very little skill concerning thinking things through and would have landed in serious trouble especially with the money, celebrity and amazing physical presence and buff body. My world at that time didn't have todays tech and old footballers say the same concerning the tech angle.

I couldn't in any good conscience judge offenders without considering how I'd have behaved in their shoes.

Alex Glenn had vids up of a bunch of nrl players riding the streets drunk without helmets. Far worse behaviour than knocking on the wrong door

Last edited:

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Tmac
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • cento
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.