NRL Players and family members in hot water

Does anybody really care that he used cocaine? If he wasn’t high Or advantaged while playing then it’s nobody’s business what he chooses to do In his spare time with his money. It was the off-season therefore nobody’s business but his.

Does anybody really care that he used cocaine? If he wasn’t high Or advantaged while playing then it’s nobody’s business what he chooses to do In his spare time with his money. It was the off-season therefore nobody’s business but his.

Didnt he take it before the Grand Final?

If so I retract my comment, but I doubt anyone is that stupid. Did he? Should be a 1-2 year ban if so.
Not sure how long before, but this article said it was in the preparation for the Grand final

At the risk of starting up another drug taking war debate on here, whether or not people are overly bothered about anyone taking cocaine or not is irrelevant. Its an illegal substance, its banned and he would have something written into his contract prohibiting him from taking it while he is under contract. He knew the rules, and he broke them. Should be getting a lot more than a backdated month.

The grand final is still within the season, especially when your team is playing in it.

Not sure how long before, but this article said it was in the preparation for the Grand final

At the risk of starting up another drug taking war debate on here, whether or not people are overly bothered about anyone taking cocaine or not is irrelevant. Its an illegal substance, its banned and he would have something written into his contract prohibiting him from taking it while he is under contract. He knew the rules, and he broke them. Should be getting a lot more than a backdated month.
meh. “In preparation”. article clearly insinuates he was not high for the decider. If anything his use would have been detrimental to his performance on the night, he would have been coming down. The guy nweds help possibly, not a lynching.

Don't really care if it's off season or not, as long as he presents for work free of the effects of drugs. Never understand why people care about others private business. I'd guess it only became public because of testing so no harm, no foul in my books.

As for the whole 'bringing the game into disrepute' thing if the NRL had any brains they'd only test for peds and impairment at work. Being tested for non peds, days and weeks after ingestion is ludicrous. Who gives a **** what you did last week when you weren't at work. **** that bullshit about being an employee 24/7 .

Brent Naden has been given a back-dated 1 month suspension for using cocaine, therefore, he doesn't serve any punishment at all and is free to return to training on Friday.

The NRL really is soft, aren't they?

Shouldn’t your anger be at WADA not the NRL? I agree it’s soft but that’s the code.

Last edited:
It’s moments like this, that I hope our organisation is taking nots and storing it for when the nrl would undoubtedly try and give one of our player triple this punishment.

That is what the best clubs would do.

meh. “In preparation”. article clearly insinuates he was not high for the decider. If anything his use would have been detrimental to his performance on the night, he would have been coming down. The guy nweds help possibly, not a lynching.

He's getting the help though apparently. Still broke the rules, still should get a harder punishment. Like i said before, personal feelings about drug taking shouldn't come into it. He broke the rules even if people dont agree with the rules.

It’s moments like this, that I hope our organisation is taking nots and storing it for when the nrl would undoubtedly try and give one of our player triple this punishment.

Lets be honest with ourselves, as if it would make a difference. They already have the media on their side because "OMGerrrrd a Bronco is in trouble, there's this weekends back page sorted!"

Last edited:
Yeah agree to a point. What would really be interesting is if every player was tested every monday morning. 50% of the comp would be watching from the stands.
Munster and B Smith were flaunting it, stopping just short of outright stating it.

who Cares what contracts say? Clubs break them all the time to get rid of players/staff they don’t want anymore. The idea that a workplace can dictate to you what you do in your personal life is ridiculous especially when it comes to recreational drug use that has no bearing on your performance at work. Unles you have chosen to be law enforcement then no morals or principals have been broken. If I smoke a joint on a Friday night and have cannabis in my urine on Monday morning is it really an Issue and should I be fired? Or should assholes just chill the **** out and let me smoke joints?

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.