NRL Players and family members in hot water

I think its a grey area tbh to say Cocaine isnt performance enhancing. If its taken to help cope with the pressure for example, then thats helping a player perform imo if he needs it.
How can pain killing injections not be considered 'performance enhancing' ?

I mean, you could make the argument that a player requiring a needle has a certain 'performance level' and then after the injection his performance level is increased.

How can pain killing injections not be considered 'performance enhancing' ?

I mean, you could make the argument that a player requiring a needle has a certain 'performance level' and then after the injection his performance level is increased.

Its not about a pain killer being performance enhancing or not. Obviously, anything that helps you play can be classed as that. Its whether its a legal option or not. Certain pain killing injections are allowed by the governing bodie, and there would be some that arent. aren't.

Its not about a pain killer being performance enhancing or not. Obviously, anything that helps you play can be classed as that. Its whether its a legal option or not. Certain pain killing injections are allowed by the governing bodie, and there would be some that arent. aren't.
Yes yes, I get that but I cannot see how cocaine consumed some time before a sporting activity could be linked to 'performance enhancement'. I mean coke doesn't improve anything except your perception of your own performance.

I could see some merit in an argument that it could enhance self belief which possibly could improve performance.

Like a work scenario I feel that as long as you present for work(sport?) free from the effects of drugs you should be considered fit.

I'm certainly dead set against knowingly taking peds and totally support testing for use at any time but I hate seeing things like pot lumped in with peds and treated as if they are equally as bad.

Yes yes, I get that but I cannot see how cocaine consumed some time before a sporting activity could be linked to 'performance enhancement'. I mean coke doesn't improve anything except your perception of your own performance.

I could see some merit in an argument that it could enhance self belief which possibly could improve performance.

Like a work scenario I feel that as long as you present for work(sport?) free from the effects of drugs you should be considered fit.

I'm certainly dead set against knowingly taking peds and totally support testing for use at any time but I hate seeing things like pot lumped in with peds and treated as if they are equally as bad.

I think taking the Andrew Johns situation as an example, he said he used to help cope with the pressures of the game, probably following in the lines of what you said about self belief.

I think taking the Andrew Johns situation as an example, he said he used to help cope with the pressures of the game, probably following in the lines of what you said about self belief.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think that falls more in line with performance enabling, not enhancing.

Plus Johns is full of shit, he totally played high, more than once.

Like I mentioned earlier, I think that falls more in line with performance enabling, not enhancing.

Plus Johns is full of shit, he totally played high, more than once.
Yep, enabling is a good word for it. Either way, its still giving them the capacity to perform at a level they probably couldnt without it.

Fifita was invited to the property by a chick and her dad was there who called the cops. Lol

Last edited:
Fifita was invited to the property by a chick and her dad was there who called the cops. Lol
Is that the latest? In seems to make sense and if a bit pissed when meeting Dad it might have taken a few minutes to sink in. (Yes yes, I know, shouldn't have put himself in that position😉)

Wonder if the age of his daughter played any part?

Is that the latest? In seems to make sense and if a bit pissed when meeting Dad it might have taken a few minutes to sink in. (Yes yes, I know, shouldn't have put himself in that position😉)
Yup the latest. Absolute beat up like his Bali shakedown was.

No idea just curious if she was under age, bit odd for a parent to have issue with an 'adult' and who they invite home.

Yep agree
So if he was invited there what law did he supposedly break?

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.