NRL Players and family members in hot water

The problem isn't the NRL or the Storm, the problem is ASADA, Non performance enhancing drugs are 1-4 weeks now.

That's all the cases we have seen this year, Naden, Walsh and the Storm three.

Storm/NRL can't do anymore than that and if they give Naden four weeks with a positive test you can't give guys four weeks without a positive test- it was always going to be less than four weeks.

The problem isn't the NRL or the Storm, the problem is ASADA, Non performance enhancing drugs are 1-4 weeks now.

That's all the cases we have seen this year, Naden, Walsh and the Storm three.

Storm/NRL can't do anymore than that and if they give Naden four weeks with a positive test you can't give guys four weeks without a positive test- it was always going to be less than four weeks.

These are good points but 1 trial is the bare minimum that could have been given. Doing the 4 weeks would be a deterrent, this would be a good opportunity to set a standard. But we all know the NRL are weak and the Storm will not anything that will affect their team.

These are good points but 1 trial is the bare minimum that could have been given. Doing the 4 weeks would be a deterrent, this would be a good opportunity to set a standard. But we all know the NRL are weak and the Storm will not anything that will affect their team.

Is four weeks much of a deterrent? Naden did four and it didn't stop the four players living it up like rock stars in the last fortnight.

I think it has to be 8-12 weeks but that's not going to happen now. The only way to hurt guys is to hurt their team. That's what players understand.

If the Storm are sitting in third last at round 12 because three guys did the wrong that hurts players.

Not sure ASADA understand that.

did they get tested? And if not why?

Clubs can't test only ASADA and they can't be tested in the 6 weeks annual leave. Wouldn't be shocked if they are knocking on their door first day after holidays.

Peter Badel vs Justin Rodski (Storm CEO)
The following exchange between Badel and the Storm CEO happened during today's Zoom press conference, re: the recent drugs saga
Badel:
“I’ve been listening to this. You should be embarrassed as a club. You go on about doing a robust investigation. You haven’t drug tested the players. They claimed they can’t remember what they take or didn’t take despite the fact there’s video evidence.

“This is a farce. You’re playing us all for fools Justin, and what are you going to do about it? There’s clear vision that they have taken something. Have you asked the players that? Are they going to admit to anything?”

Rodski:

“Have you not listened to anything I’ve been saying? This is not a farce at all,” Rodski hit back.

“This is a serious, serious situation that the club is dealing with, and has imposed significant sanctions on each of the players. The actions involved are serious and significant.

“Have you not listened to anything I’ve been saying? Have you though? I’m not sure you have. Have you really been listening to what I’ve been saying? I’m not sure you have mate.”

Badel:
“In your eyes, what was the stuff on the table? What was it: sugar, candy? I’m asking you, what was it?”

Rodski:
“I don’t know what it was.”

Badel:
“How can you not know if you’re doing a robust investigation? As the CEO how can you not know?”

Rodski:
“Because I wasn’t in the room,” the Storm boss replied. He continued, “Just so you know, the club is not permitted to drug test the players. Drug testing is done by the NRL, that is part of the players’ CBA in association with the RLPA.

“So to say the club’s response to this is an embarrassment is a really poor reflection on you and that you haven’t been listening to what we’ve been talking about today.”

“It’s not spin,”
Always loved Pete, Me.

Clubs can't test only ASADA and they can't be tested in the 6 weeks annual leave. Wouldn't be shocked if they are knocking on their door first day after holidays.
Okay, so does first day of annual leave start straight after you have played your last game?

Bellamy has broken his silence on the drugs scandal ... this is what he told Sofie Formica on 4BC Afternoons:

“I am not an expert in what the guidelines should be and what rules should be brought in,” Bellamy told Sofie Formica on 4BC Afternoons.

“A lot of people say it is rife in society now. I try to simplify a lot of things. For me, when I was their age we used to go out after games and have six, eight, 10 schooners.

“But the big difference is having half a dozen schooners isn’t illegal. What disappoints me so much is that these guys earn a good living, they’re doing what they love in life and what they did was illegal and they were very, very well aware of that.

“They still ventured there. That is done now and we have to give them the education and guidance to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Bellamy said the white-powder affair has left the Storm coach and the entire Melbourne club deeply hurt.

“It was difficult, especially coming off our performance in the prelim (their 10-6 loss to Penrith),” he said.

“I found out about half an hour before the Dally M Awards what had happened, I wasn’t even 100 per cent sure what did happen until after the Awards.

“There has been a lot said and it has been really disappointing for us as a club, it’s been disappointing for the game.

“It’s really important now we get those guys the help and guidance they need to not be making those mistakes again.

“They did a lot of education in those areas from the club but also the NRL. The NRL are great with education in those areas, but it’s particularly disappointing for our club.

“At the moment, we need to make sure we do all we can to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

“Hopefully that will be the case.”

And this is the thing, if you are being made to look like an idiot by Badel, you are in trouble. You get the sense the Storm are starting to show the first cracks and signs in their long history. They’ve lost a lot of star power in the boardroom and on the field.
DD would have handled this so much better, you can see why they made things so difficult for him when he left.

DD would have handled this so much better, you can see why they made things so difficult for him when he left.

I just found it funny (and hypocritical) that they made it so hard for DD to join us, despite the fact he was out of contract .... then expected us to release Coates from his valid contract

Bellamy has broken his silence on the drugs scandal ... this is what he told Sofie Formica on 4BC Afternoons:

“I am not an expert in what the guidelines should be and what rules should be brought in,” Bellamy told Sofie Formica on 4BC Afternoons.

“A lot of people say it is rife in society now. I try to simplify a lot of things. For me, when I was their age we used to go out after games and have six, eight, 10 schooners.

“But the big difference is having half a dozen schooners isn’t illegal. What disappoints me so much is that these guys earn a good living, they’re doing what they love in life and what they did was illegal and they were very, very well aware of that.

“They still ventured there. That is done now and we have to give them the education and guidance to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Bellamy said the white-powder affair has left the Storm coach and the entire Melbourne club deeply hurt.

“It was difficult, especially coming off our performance in the prelim (their 10-6 loss to Penrith),” he said.

“I found out about half an hour before the Dally M Awards what had happened, I wasn’t even 100 per cent sure what did happen until after the Awards.

“There has been a lot said and it has been really disappointing for us as a club, it’s been disappointing for the game.

“It’s really important now we get those guys the help and guidance they need to not be making those mistakes again.

“They did a lot of education in those areas from the club but also the NRL. The NRL are great with education in those areas, but it’s particularly disappointing for our club.

“At the moment, we need to make sure we do all we can to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

“Hopefully that will be the case.”
“what they did was illegal and they were very, very well aware of that.”

I thought we couldn’t be sure what the white powder was and that neither remember ? 🤔

“what they did was illegal and they were very, very well aware of that.”

I thought we couldn’t be sure what the white powder was and that neither remember ? 🤔
Exactly, they’re playing out the contrite “we’re sorry” in the media but when it gets down to the nitty gritty legal stuff, they’re trying to wiggle out of it with the “I can’t remember what it was” line.

Yeah because some education sessions will make them stop and getting Munster back to Melbourne will fix the problems

It’s just code for: media won’t care down here

The NRL Integrity Unit is going to interview Nathan Cleary after his housemates were caught breaching the border to attend the NRL Grand Final.

I don't think anything will come out of it and Cleary will deny any knowledge. It will be interesting if they can find a link between the border passes and the club. I doubt it'll go that far but I'd imagine they'll face more sanctions on top of having to pay $300,000 for repairs on the trophy.

The NRL Integrity Unit is going to interview Nathan Cleary after his housemates were caught breaching the border to attend the NRL Grand Final.

I don't think anything will come out of it and Cleary will deny any knowledge. It will be interesting if they can find a link between the border passes and the club. I doubt it'll go that far but I'd imagine they'll face more sanctions on top of having to pay $300,000 for repairs on the trophy.
Some reports saying that the housemates possibly joined in post-match celebrations allegedly

Active Now

• Brocko
  • mystico
  • GCBRONCO
  • HarryAllan7
  • LittleDavey
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Turky Murky
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Don
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.