NRL Players and family members in hot water

It’s a shame that these ***** devalue the true nature of mental health for sufferers.

Absolutely! And if it was a different club with different players you’d be more inclined to believe it which is really sad.

Canterbury forward Ofahiki Ogden has been charged with possession of a prohibited substance by NSW Police. he was pulled over on Saturday night

Police Statement

“Police searched the vehicle and the three male occupants aged 23, 24 and 25,” the statement said.

“Police will allege two plastic satchels of white powder were located on the 25-year-old man.

“He was issued with a Field Court Attendance Notice for possession of prohibited drug and is expected to appear in Waverley Local Court.

Investigations are continuing into possible breaches of the Public Health Order.”

Peter Badel vs Justin Rodski (Storm CEO)
The following exchange between Badel and the Storm CEO happened during today's Zoom press conference, re: the recent drugs saga
Badel:
“I’ve been listening to this. You should be embarrassed as a club. You go on about doing a robust investigation. You haven’t drug tested the players. They claimed they can’t remember what they take or didn’t take despite the fact there’s video evidence.

“This is a farce. You’re playing us all for fools Justin, and what are you going to do about it? There’s clear vision that they have taken something. Have you asked the players that? Are they going to admit to anything?”

Rodski:

“Have you not listened to anything I’ve been saying? This is not a farce at all,” Rodski hit back.

“This is a serious, serious situation that the club is dealing with, and has imposed significant sanctions on each of the players. The actions involved are serious and significant.

“Have you not listened to anything I’ve been saying? Have you though? I’m not sure you have. Have you really been listening to what I’ve been saying? I’m not sure you have mate.”

Badel:
“In your eyes, what was the stuff on the table? What was it: sugar, candy? I’m asking you, what was it?”

Rodski:
“I don’t know what it was.”

Badel:
“How can you not know if you’re doing a robust investigation? As the CEO how can you not know?”

Rodski:
“Because I wasn’t in the room,” the Storm boss replied. He continued, “Just so you know, the club is not permitted to drug test the players. Drug testing is done by the NRL, that is part of the players’ CBA in association with the RLPA.

“So to say the club’s response to this is an embarrassment is a really poor reflection on you and that you haven’t been listening to what we’ve been talking about today.”

“It’s not spin,”

The following exchange between Badel and the Storm CEO happened during today's Zoom press conference, re: the recent drugs saga
Badel:
“I’ve been listening to this. You should be embarrassed as a club. You go on about doing a robust investigation. You haven’t drug tested the players. They claimed they can’t remember what they take or didn’t take despite the fact there’s video evidence.

“This is a farce. You’re playing us all for fools Justin, and what are you going to do about it? There’s clear vision that they have taken something. Have you asked the players that? Are they going to admit to anything?”

Rodski:

“Have you not listened to anything I’ve been saying? This is not a farce at all,” Rodski hit back.

“This is a serious, serious situation that the club is dealing with, and has imposed significant sanctions on each of the players. The actions involved are serious and significant.

“Have you not listened to anything I’ve been saying? Have you though? I’m not sure you have. Have you really been listening to what I’ve been saying? I’m not sure you have mate.”

Badel:
“In your eyes, what was the stuff on the table? What was it: sugar, candy? I’m asking you, what was it?”

Rodski:

Badel:
“How can you not know if you’re doing a robust investigation? As the CEO how can you not know?”

Rodski:
“Because I wasn’t in the room,” the Storm boss replied. He continued, “Just so you know, the club is not permitted to drug test the players. Drug testing is done by the NRL, that is part of the players’ CBA in association with the RLPA.

“So to say the club’s response to this is an embarrassment is a really poor reflection on you and that you haven’t been listening to what we’ve been talking about today.”

“It’s not spin,”
I never thought I’d say this, but go Badel!

p.s. "Significant sanctions" ... what a load a shit Rodski, you haven't sanctioned them at all.

I never thought I’d say this but, “Good work, sneaky Pete”, At last, someone in the media is calling these clowns out.

Badel:

Rodski:

Badel:

Rodski:

Badel:

Rodski:

“It’s not spin,”
Hopefully the storm CEO calling Badel a fool will see him change tack and start throwing hit pieces towards them.

p.s. "Significant sanctions" ... what a load a shit Rodski, you haven't sanctioned them at all.
serious sanctions including a suspended fine they won't have to pay and a 1 week suspension... oooo yeah that hurts.

Sounds like they're getting a paid holiday at a rehab clinic probably located in Byron or Hamilton Island.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

How is what they have done (the storm players) in the manner in which they have responded to the integrity unit investigation any different to Haas. This crap about they could not remember what happened, which appears to have been blithely accepted by both the Integrity Unit and the NRL, is just a farce. They should have been whacked with a four week suspension like Haas for a failure to cooperate with an Integrity Unit investigation.

How is what they have done (the storm players) in the manner in which they have responded to the integrity unit investigation any different to Haas. This crap about they could not remember what happened, which appears to have been blithely accepted by both the Integrity Unit and the NRL, is just a farce. They should have been whacked with a four week suspension like Haas for a failure to cooperate with an Integrity Unit investigation.

Consistency and NRL do not belong in the same discussion.

And how good was the Storm CEO's defense: 'Have you been listening Pete, have you been listening? I don't think you've been listening, have you been listening? Did you listen? Did you hear what was said? I don't think you heard what was said? How could you say you heard what was said? Did you listen? Did you listen to words? Did the words make it to your ears? DID YOU LISTEN AND HEAR??? DID YOU USE EARS????? WORDS???????

I rest my case.'

Consistency and NRL do not belong in the same discussion.

And how good was the Storm CEO's defense: 'Have you been listening Pete, have you been listening? I don't think you've been listening, have you been listening? Did you listen? Did you hear what was said? I don't think you heard what was said? How could you say you heard what was said? Did you listen? Did you listen to words? Did the words make it to your ears? DID YOU LISTEN AND HEAR??? DID YOU USE EARS????? WORDS???????

I rest my case.'
I loved how Pete handled him tbh

I loved how Pete handled him tbh

And this is the thing, if you are being made to look like an idiot by Badel, you are in trouble. You get the sense the Storm are starting to show the first cracks and signs in their long history. They’ve lost a lot of star power in the boardroom and on the field.

And this is the thing, if you are being made to look like an idiot by Badel, you are in trouble. You get the sense the Storm are starting to show the first cracks and signs in their long history. They’ve lost a lot of star power in the boardroom and on the field.
Deflecting responsibility has been a pretty enduring Storm trait to be fair, if anything it is a part of their success.

That response from the CEO is a good reason why he shouldn't be a CEO. A poor, poor response.
Hopefully for his sake there are people at the Storm who can honestly review his performance in that situation yesterday and help him handle similar situations better in the future.

Hopefully for his sake there are people at the Storm who can honestly review his performance in that situation yesterday and help him handle similar situations better in the future.
Nah let's hope not... I'm hoping he continues to prove that he's completely inept.

I'm hoping that he drags storm to the bottom of the ladder after sacking Bellamy for some reason, whilst also being the whistleblower for another salary cap scandal that strips them of their premierships again.

That's what I'm hoping he achieves anyway 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bish
  • westy316
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.