NRL Players and family members in hot water

Perhaps the difference is that no criminal charges were laid against Payne and Albert, so therefore the NRL proposed said sanctions soon after the incident?

So even if the Latrell & Wighton incidents end up with no legal ramifications, the fact that they were even investigated should suggest it was more serious than the Broncos' incident. And we should expect the two to be stood down for at least a week of actual NRL football due to the negative publicity attracted. Right? Let's wait and see...

Perhaps the difference is that no criminal charges were laid against Payne and Albert, so therefore the NRL proposed said sanctions soon after the incident?
I've never understood this reasoning.

Give them a week straight away for being drunken idiots (like Haas and Kelly were), then if it turns out they committed a crime, punish them more seriously later on.

So even if the Latrell & Wighton incidents end up with no legal ramifications, the fact that they were even investigated should suggest it was more serious than the Broncos' incident. And we should expect the two to be stood down for at least a week of actual NRL football due to the negative publicity attracted. Right? Let's wait and see...
I absolutely agree with you. As far as I am concerned, Payne really didn't do much, other than trying to get Albert, who was acting like a drunken bum and pest, outta his face aye. I would have shoved him out of my face too.

Reading the following article yesterday .. besides making me feel kinda ill .. spoke volumes to me though. The narrative is already being written. The feel good vibes and all the love for 'Trell 🤮 🙄 dictates where this whole situation is headed. NRL, will be hoping that this incident is wiped out of peoples memories by the time next season rolls around.

So let the 'Trell lovefest continue. 🤮🙄

I've never understood this reasoning.

Give them a week straight away for being drunken idiots (like Haas and Kelly were), then if it turns out they committed a crime, punish them more seriously later on.
Absolutely. Mitchell was on the ground, in cuffs on the front page of the news. Immediately, right there, he bought the game into disrepute. That is undeniable. I feel for that alone, an immediate sanction would have been appropriate. And deal with the rest later.

But no. Had the NRL done the right thing .. that would have ruined all the rainbows and unicorns that float around, and surround 🏳️‍🌈🌈Mitchell🦄🦄, aye. 🤮 🙄

It’s more than stupidity. To continue shoulder charging after killing someone with that is a level of disregard and lack of decency most people couldn’t comprehend. The average person would struggle to play the game again if their actions (right or wrong) lead to the death of someone on the field, yet this guy keeps doing the same illegal tackle that caused it.

While i would never condone what he's done, to say he keeps doing the same tackle isnt really accurate. If he was doing it all the time i doubt he would have an NRL career. As much as people will say he should know better, and he should, you would have to level the same argument at pretty much every NRL player. At some point they all shoulder charge and they would all know a shoulder charge led to that tragic accident that cost Ackers his life. Plenty still do it knowing what the outcome could be.

Molo is lucky. After he came back after his suspension and did a shoulder charge, i wouldnt have wanted to see him playing League again.

I don’t care whether these guys bought the game into disrepute or not, I just want consistency. I'm sick of us getting shafted by these stupid idiots in charge pulling out these random rules on us and then not applying to anyone else.

Absolutely. Mitchell was on the ground, in cuffs on the front page of the news. Immediately, right there, he bought the game into disrepute. That is undeniable. I feel for that alone, an immediate sanction would have been appropriate. And deal with the rest later.

But no. Had the NRL done the right thing .. that would have ruined all the rainbows and unicorns that float around, and surround 🏳️‍🌈🌈Mitchell🦄🦄, aye. 🤮 🙄
Even moreso, Latrell is an proper actual "NRL star" as opposed to the fringe first graders often the subject of the clickbait headlines. He is the spiritual leader of the indigenous team. He is one - like it or not - who is nearly as big as the game, he puts bums on seats, the kids all have his jersey, etc etc. He's a legitimate superstar of the sport and despite what a good bloke he is, or whether the police acted heavy-handedly...the fact is that he was arrested and has been charged and....

....wait, didn't they face court today? Where's the articles? Haas/Kelly was front of the Fox website for a week.

Oh here, I had to go and actually search the Fox site, apparently this isn't newsworthy... https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b7cc7111a7274d2dd34e190c42470c3a

The magistrate removed Mr Mitchell and Mr Wighton’s bail conditions — meaning they will no longer have to report to police — and set down a three-day hearing for later this year after the NRL season wraps up.
The pair are set to play from next week, with the code’s integrity unit not expected to make a decision on any possible punishmentbefore their criminal matters are finalised.
The case will return to court on October 30.

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?

I am writing a new, longer, and less coherent email to The Broncos, regarding their treatment. When I (and hopefully others) last year wrote to the club, it resulted in that winning streak, and, let's be honest, that was because of my email. So I'm doing it again, but this time pointing out how short lived the "fair" (but not favourable) treatment was, dissolving the moment the Tigers needed a victory to wash away the stank of the Cowboys rort.

So I need examples like this. Mitchell & Wighton vs Haas & Kelly. Patrick Carrigan and the Oh Now Is The Time To Crack Down On That Thing What A Coincidence. The Pathers' player able to defer his suspension "for the fans" while Staggs gets his ban the moment he has recovered from an injury. I need MOAR.
Old mate from the storm did his ACL in the trial on the weekend due to a hip drop tackle... warriors player was put on report... no charge

Yeah that article is not only trash, it's absolute nonsense.

* He redeemed himself by... playing well in the trials? How the **** does that absolve him of what he's done? If anything, this is why he keeps doing these dumbshit things - people constantly downplay and overlook it due to his talent.

* He has put it all behind him. Wow, awesome, unfortunately for him, the legal system hasn't just "put it behind them", they still have to follow a process to determine whether there should be repercussions.

It's a fucking joke that these agendas don't get called out for what they are.

It's not a typical hip drop, but he's clearly using his body weight on the back of the legs to assist in bringing him down

To me, it looks like the definition of a hip drop, dropping his weight on an opposition player's leg. That's inexcusable from the judiciary.

To me, it looks like the definition of a hip drop, dropping his weight on an opposition player's leg. That's inexcusable from the judiciary.
Hey hey hey ... let's not criticise the completely impartial and balanced view of the judiciary system... can't believe you would even suggest there's any sort of bias or incompetence going on in any of the NRL departments... they're all perfect and should be held up as a gold standard to all sporting bodies across the globe

That's more of a hip-drop than Carrigan's.

These corrupt arseholes.
It's actually worse than I first thought...

On first viewing I thought DWZ was off balance and accidentally fell onto his leg, but there's a clear motion to drop his body weight onto the back of his legs whilst gripping the upper body to bring him down.

Clear hip drop... crickets from NRL HQ and the media

Season hasn't even started and there's already incompetence on show everywhere, this could be a frustrating year.

It's actually worse than I first thought...

On first viewing I thought DWZ was off balance and accidentally fell onto his leg, but there's a clear motion to drop his body weight onto the back of his legs whilst gripping the upper body to bring him down.

Clear hip drop... crickets from NRL HQ and the media

They will wait until a Bronco does it then demonise him as a blight on the game

Active Now

• jd87
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • johnny plath
  • PETERN
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.