NRL Players and family members in hot water

And I'm going to keep using it as a reminder that in this comp some clubs play to some rules, whilst others get a different set of rules.
And it has always been thus, ever since the dirty Broncos entered "their" NSWRL competition...I mean how dare we Queenslanders intrude (and have so much early success)?

"The NRL has already confirmed neither will miss playing time for the incident, and both partook in the Indigenous All Stars victory before featuring in their respective club's second trial matches."

There it is, that famed NRL consistency at work once again.

"The NRL has already confirmed neither will miss playing time for the incident, and both partook in the Indigenous All Stars victory before featuring in their respective club's second trial matches."

Do you think its fair to say that the media kinda down played the whole incident between Wighton and Latrell.......seemed to me we heard very little about it after it was first reported......

Unlike incidents with the Broncos.......where the Brisbane media bang on about "things" repeatedly....ad nausea. Shit ***** who work for the CM do Brisbane no favours at all IMO.

Do you think its fair to say that the media kinda down played the whole incident between Wighton and Latrell.......seemed to me we heard very little about it after it was first reported......

Unlike incidents with the Broncos.......where the Brisbane media bang on about "things" repeatedly....ad nausea. Shit ***** who work for the CM do Brisbane no favours at all IMO.
I think the media are a huge part of it. While I don't think the NRL want to do us any favours at the end of the day they are interested in whatever is less work for them, so when the Brisbane media is bleating about how bad the Payne Haas and Albert Kelly thing is the easiest thing for them to do is hand out a suspension to get it out of the headlines. Conversely when the NSW media are either not covering the Latrell and Wighton thing and any coverage that is given centres around the big meanie cops and Latrell's poor shoulder they don't have to do anything.

The way the media even cover our players is an issue. For example the Roosters can have guys like Manu and Suaali there that can and want to play fullback when Tedesco is in that spot but the reporting on that is what amazing depth that is and credit to such a well run club. When we have guys like Cobbo and Farnworth that can potentially be fullbacks but sign Walsh the narrative is "How dare they sign Walsh" or "what a waste of cap space to sign him" and "they should release Cobbo if they aren't going to play him at fullback"

The media is our enemy which is why many people have a big issue with them.

CM are reporting that NRL Integrity Unit are holding off on any disciplinary measures until after court date at the end of the season.

"The pair are set to play from next week, with the code’s integrity unit not expected to make a decision on any possible punishment before their criminal matters are finalised."

Was this Molo incident even reported or slipped completely under the radar??

Didn't Molo play in the trials?? Is he not getting any suspension for this??

**** that guy, he's a POS.

I'll never forget him shoulder charging the first game back after killing someone due to a shoulder charge.

Hope he never plays NRL again.

I dont know what to make of him. He seemed like a decent enough sort of bloke but this and how reckless he was after the tragic Ackers situation makes you scratch your head how somebody can be so stupid.

I dont know what to make of him. He seemed like a decent enough sort of bloke but this and how reckless he was after the tragic Ackers situation makes you scratch your head how somebody can be so stupid.
It’s more than stupidity. To continue shoulder charging after killing someone with that is a level of disregard and lack of decency most people couldn’t comprehend. The average person would struggle to play the game again if their actions (right or wrong) lead to the death of someone on the field, yet this guy keeps doing the same illegal tackle that caused it.

It’s more than stupidity. To continue shoulder charging after killing someone with that is a level of disregard and lack of decency most people couldn’t comprehend. The average person would struggle to play the game again if their actions (right or wrong) lead to the death of someone on the field, yet this guy keeps doing the same illegal tackle that caused it.

It just has to be reactionary / muscle memory / almost subconscious action. But stupidity or obliviousness to not actively train it out of your system.

Is that the same line of reasoning that Kelly/Haas went through.......?

I am writing a new, longer, and less coherent email to The Broncos, regarding their treatment. When I (and hopefully others) last year wrote to the club, it resulted in that winning streak, and, let's be honest, that was because of my email. So I'm doing it again, but this time pointing out how short lived the "fair" (but not favourable) treatment was, dissolving the moment the Tigers needed a victory to wash away the stank of the Cowboys rort.

So I need examples like this. Mitchell & Wighton vs Haas & Kelly. Patrick Carrigan and the Oh Now Is The Time To Crack Down On That Thing What A Coincidence. The Pathers' player able to defer his suspension "for the fans" while Staggs gets his ban the moment he has recovered from an injury. I need MOAR.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrMoore
  • Bronx48
  • NSW stables
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.