NRL Players and family members in hot water

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
As suspected....Payne's Mum sounds like she's a ****. She's probably had arguements with the first 3 solicitors because she's an arrogant dickhead.

This move feels it has Payne's manager's connections about it .......

What you said in your last sentence is what crossed my mind immediately. And then i thought of the Doggies 🤔

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
you're seeing exactly what you want to see.

Utter rubbish. That family are dodgy as hell. I was saying it long before any of Payne's bad behaviour started and guess what, i was right all along about them. Up to you if you think changing legal teams roughly every 7 and a half weeks is normal.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
What you said in your last sentence is what crossed my mind immediately. And then i thought of the Doggies 🤔

Let's be fair though, those sorts of names are not unusual when we're talking about lawyers, solicitors, even player managers etc.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Payno's mother changing Lawyers for the 4th time since her " accident ". Her new lawyer is a Sydney based lawyer called Abdul Reslan. Might be a bit cynical, but i wonder if they have been pointed in the direction of this bloke by a party interested in Payne.

He seems to represent 'underworld' figures etc.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Anyone care enough about Union to know if there are any similar examples over that side? Would be interesting given how seriously they take ref respect.
Funny you should ask that. I watched the Roosters game with a Pom who never seen a game of NRL before. He asked if refs were treated with respect in rugby league the way they are in union (unlike football). I said probably, but the game is simpler and less crippled by penalties, plus league players tend to be dumber and have to be hit with a stick more.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Because he is the money earner of the family.

His family will always rely on him for handouts.
Yes, of course, but Payne's muscle is increasingly Islamic. His previous lawyers were Sophie Dagg and Leah Johnson. Now he has Abdul Reslan. His agent was Chris Orr. Then he got mixed up with Khoder Nasser and now it's Ahmad Merhi.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yes, of course, but Payne's muscle is increasingly Islamic. His previous laywers were Sophie Dagg and Leah Johnson. Now he has Abdul Reslan. His agent was Chris Orr. Then he got mixed up with Khoder Nasser and now it's Ahmad Merhi.
Exactly this, there's no subtle story here. Payne is a 23 year old, his parents are dumb *****, he'd go to his manager and say who's a good lawyer boss.

Lawyers are the biggest theives so word of mouth is the most common way to hire them.

A friend of mine was involved in a pretty open and shut case, immediately pled guilty and still got slugged with 50k in legal fees.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
I'd be concerned if the lawyer starts putting in applications to transfer her to some minimum security prison around the Bankstown area...
Exactly what I was thinking too.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Exactly this, there's no subtle story here. Payne is a 23 year old, his parents are dumb *****, he'd go to his manager and say who's a good lawyer boss.

Lawyers are the biggest theives so word of mouth is the most common way to hire them.

A friend of mine was involved in a pretty open and shut case, immediately pled guilty and still got slugged with 50k in legal fees.

Most of what you are saying is accurate, but He has had the same management team since the day she got arrested. Switching 4 times isn't normal. Seems weird to me that they would suddenly be advising him now.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Funny you should ask that. I watched the Roosters game with a Pom who never seen a game of NRL before. He asked if refs were treated with respect in rugby league the way they are in union (unlike football). I said probably, but the game is simpler and less crippled by penalties, plus league players tend to be dumber and have to be hit with a stick more.

He would have seen from the first 10 minutes that union refs demand a lot more respect, and don't **** around when a player decides to go against that very simple rule.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He would have seen from the first 10 minutes that union refs demand a lot more respect, and don't **** around when a player decides to go against that very simple rule.
Also, 99% of points in union come from penalties so you don't want to get offside with your meal ticket.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Also, 99% of points in union come from penalties so you don't want to get offside with your meal ticket.

Super Rugby 2023 based on 84 games.

Active Now

• Xarr
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Nerd
  • Dexter
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Volvo Driver
  • Tmac
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.