NRL Players and family members in hot water

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I think there's more to the Brandon Smith situation than what the Roosters are letting on.

There's rumours going around there's a much bigger issue and the senior players are getting sick of it.
I think they are fed up with the party attitude
The incoming Nikorima bomb seems certain to happen especially now he has taken up his option next year for quite a lot of money.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Is that related to the shoosh rumour about a high profile player gambling and the club giving up on them?

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
How is that possible, given two separate juries found Hayne Guilty.
It's unlikely. There's technically no grounds to sue for false imprisonment in Australia (except ACT). He can apply for compensation from the State but in this situation I doubt it would be a huge amount of money.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The fact that they appealed on the grounds that there was a miscarriage of justice and the court agreed, he probably has a pretty good case for a payout.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
The fact that they appealed on the grounds that there was a miscarriage of justice and the court agreed, he probably has a pretty good case for a payout.
Every appeal is on the grounds there was a miscarriage of justice. That's what an appeal is.

For what it's worth, the appeals court dismissed the claim that the conviction was unreasonable based on the evidence. They did uphold that the judge erred in not allowing an additional cross-examination of the alleged victim. So more of a legal process issue, rather than "we think he is innocent".

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Jarryd hayne raped in America as well. Out of court settlement no wonder he has no money, pretty boy like him would be very, very popular in an American jail system too. Especially once they found out he was a sex offender. Keep him locked up and slightly dismember his **** for good measure like he did to his second victims bits and pieces.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
On technicalities

If someone can successfully sue on the basis of a jury verdict ... Then you may as well get rid of the whole concept.

Are you trying to say that we should abolish appeals?

One of the justices was quite clear that they have reasonable doubt and that there is a high chance an innocent man has been jailed.

Juries aren't there to interpret the judges decisions in a case.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • OzeMike
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.