NRL Players and family members in hot water

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
So the media protected the female involved in this situation.

She'd be getting sued out the arse if the player's name went public and it resulted in defamation, not really a legal head myself. Seeing this too often for my liking, women alleging sexual assault and then it turns out to be nothing, only for the female to sell her story on A Current Affair for a whole load of cash.
It could be one of several things: 1. It happened and she just does not want the drama of having to go through with pressing a charge and turning her life upside down.

2. She has suddenly come into a reasonably significant sum of money.

3. She misperceived events and in hindsight realises her allegation was not correct.

4. She made it up.

The cynic in me says that options 1 and 2 are the far more likely, with 3 not too far behind.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
In a situation like this one, if a female withdraws a complaint of sexual assault telling police that she lied .. well that's one thing.

But there are a lot of variables in a situation like this one .. such as in a case of digital rape which is what I read the complaint was .. where only two people were present, effectively making it a he said she said situation.. the burden of proof on the female/prosecution is huge and unlikely to have a successful prosecution.

Has said player actually been cleared, or is it a case of not being provable in court, and hence nothing really moves forward?
Sorry BG, I posted before I read your response, we were thinking along the same lines though. I would say that there is insufficient evidence for the police to lay a charge.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
This shouldn't be on the woman, it should be on the media rushing to publish before the cops even started investigating.

As I mentioned earlier.....the media outlet responsible, should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
A malicious false accusation should be prosecuted but we have no idea if that is the case here.

There are many reasons why women withdraw accusations, not all of them are because the accusation was false.

This shouldn't be on the woman, it should be on the media rushing to publish before the cops even started investigating.

The media are a disgrace.

Usually when you hear the words "rape allegations", that's as about as serious as it gets in terms of abuse against women.

Every NRL mug on facebook was out looking at the teamlists seeing which QLD side dropped one of their players on the eve of magic round.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
So…….
Now that the rape thing is swept under the rug, can we name the player?

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
The media are a disgrace.

Usually when you hear the words "rape allegations", that's as about as serious as it gets in terms of abuse against women.

Every NRL mug on facebook was out looking at the teamlists seeing which QLD side dropped one of their players on the eve of magic round.
When Walsh got pulled the day after I was stressing

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
As long as she’s not a front rower.
😂 I don’t believe she is. Either way, even if I had the vids, I wouldn’t post it. Poor girl has gone though enough embarrassment I’m sure…
Silly, Silly players…. When will they learn 🤦🏻‍♂️

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Taylan May to front the Penrith board about his future with the club.

If they sack him Roosters will "turn him around" you'd think.
So Penrith going with presumed guilty before trial.

Wonder where the RLPA are nowadays??

One of their members might get sacked before their day in court.

Of course penrith are probably keen to get that cash off their books given he wont be playing before his trial in 2025... and maybe even longer pending how long the trial goes for

May is an absolute shitstain of a person, but Penrith decided to lock him down long term and are now trying to escape the terrible contract they put to that fuckwit of a human being

Unread

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.