NRL Players and family members in hot water

Its not so much the camping trip that shits me, it’s the excuse being made by a grown man. It’s piss weak to drag your pregnant missus and culture into it to cover your own ass. If they all owned it I wouldn’t really care

Very insulting to actual cultural things that were cancelled or prevented (funerals, legit cultural ceremonies).

Getting dunked on wild turkey, riding dirt bikes and shooting guns does not sound like a legit cultural exemption.

Last edited:
94516107 2918914711531779 9041605370165854208 n

Yeah I get that - and the monumental level of stupidity it took to post it online is breathtaking. But yeah I have no issue with the trip itself.
I do, i would love to go fishing and camping right now, the difference is that a 1000$ fine has far far more impact on me than it does on Latrell or Josh.
So because these overpaid merkins have the money, they can break the rules, while the rest of us get shafted far harder.
In Germany, they fine people based on their income, so if you are rich and caught speeding, your fine is far larger than a poor bloke caught for the same offense, and rightfully so. A 1000$ fine for these blokes means nothing, but to someone making 500$ a week, its difference between paying rent or eating.

All that aside, my main issue with the trip is the fact it could mean we get to see no footy this year, and **** those selfish twats for that.
You might be ok with not watching footy for the rest of the year, but i was stoked when they said it would be back at the end of may.

I do, i would love to go fishing and camping right now, the difference is that a 1000$ fine has far far more impact on me than it does on Latrell or Josh.
So because these overpaid merkins have the money, they can break the rules, while the rest of us get shafted far harder.
In Germany, they fine people based on their income, so if you are rich and caught speeding, your fine is far larger than a poor bloke caught for the same offense, and rightfully so. A 1000$ fine for these blokes means nothing, but to someone making 500$ a week, its difference between paying rent or eating.

All that aside, my main issue with the trip is the fact it could mean we get to see no footy this year, and **** those selfish twats for that.
You might be ok with not watching footy for the rest of the year, but i was stoked when they said it would be back at the end of may.

He would be fine with not watching footy for the rest of the year. The Broncos have come out firing and Benny's boys have the wobbles so it's probably Bgoat's preferred option.

Mitchell, Addo-Carr $50,000 fine, 60% of it suspended
Roberts-Davis, Cleary - $10,000 fine, 60% of it suspended

One match suspended sentence.

So basically, Mitchell and Addo-Carr were fined $20,000 each, Cleary and Roberts-Davis were fined $4000 and if they do anything else they'll face the full fine.

I wouldn't exactly call it a strong message from the NRL.

Last edited:
Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Roberts-Davis - $50,000 fine, 60% of it suspended
Cleary - $10,000 fine, 60% of it suspended

Is that official? If so what a joke, V'landys proving he has as much backbone as a jellyfish.

Mitchell, Addo-Carr, Roberts-Davis - $50,000 fine, 60% of it suspended
Cleary - $10,000 fine, 60% of it suspended

So basically, Mitchell-Addo-Carr, Roberts-Davis were fined $20,000 each, Cleary was fined $4000 and if they do anything else they'll face the full fine.

I wouldn't exactly call it a strong message from the NRL.

Why the disparity in the fine amount?

Why the disparity in the fine amount?

No official word, but I'd imagine it's because they're both being investigated for firearm breaches.

I should mention that Roberts-Davis was only fined 10K as well.

Camping trip with 12, bad - footy match with 34, ok.

The irony is hilarious.

Camping trip with 12, bad - footy match with 34, ok.

The irony is hilarious.
You obviously have not read the 48 page manifest the government layed out for the NRL to follow for the season to restart.
A quarantined, isolated NRL bubble, controlled by doctors, testing, officials and strict isolation measures, vs camping with a bunch of dickhead mates.
Not very bright are ya.
No offense but I mean, really, you have to be trolling at this point, comparing a camping trip with a bunch of mates with a sanctioned event being monitored and controlled under quarantine measures during a pandemic.

Last edited:
V'landys proving nothing has changed, NRL will be the shitshow it has been for the past 20 years.
What a wasted opportunity to show some leadership and pivot the game in a better direction.

Honeymoon period is over and V’landys has shown him to be no different then all the other idiots at NRL HQ. Honestly they all deserve to have the season cancelled.

Classic wet lettuce leaf "please forget this ever happened" punishment from the NRL. They are definitely banking on the season resumption pushing this off the front pages.

Orrrr it’s not as big a deal as everyone on here is trying to make it to be?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • NSW stables
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.