NRL Players and family members in hot water

Quite the price for wetting the wick. Should have just got a high end prozzy

Wetting the wick in a high school student, let’s not pretend this is something else.

Oh were they underage?

No they weren't but they were school kids at a school that the players were there to do an event with. Are you seriously saying this is no big deal?

So they were of legal age to have consentual sex? Why do we make a law and then get all bothered when it's not broken?

It's not about the law which is why they haven't been charged with anything. It is about the look for the game that these players picked up high school girls they met at a club sanctioned event. Parents should be able to safely assume their children will go to school and not get fucked by grown men that have attended the school through a school sanctioned event.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor have been re-instated by the NRL.

they have been hit with 10 and 14 match bans respectively (and around 20k in fines each)

Harawira-Naera will be available for selection for the Bulldogs in round 11 and Okunbor in round 15

Was that the courts who determined that, or the NRL?

It's not about the law which is why they haven't been charged with anything. It is about the look for the game that these players picked up high school girls they met at a club sanctioned event. Parents should be able to safely assume their children will go to school and not get fucked by grown men that have attended the school through a school sanctioned event.
So if it's not about the law it's about morals and ethics. We need to change the law then if we are saying the girls involved were too young to make correct ethical and moral decisions. As if that is the case that law is pointless.

In most states in the US the legal age limit is 18 and for alcohol consumption 21. It's fairly common knowledge the frontal cortex does not completely form until around the age of 21 - 25 ( in some footy players this may be a tad older too). This part of the brain is where we make our decisions that involve taking into account 'risk'.

So the girls were placed in a vulnerable situation because of our current statute of law. I'm not privy to theirs ' or the players' ethics and moral standards so all I'm going by is the law.

So if it's not about the law it's about morals and ethics. We need to change the law then if we are saying the girls involved were too young to make correct ethical and moral decisions. As if that is the case that law is pointless.

In most states in the US the legal age limit is 18 and for alcohol consumption 21. It's fairly common knowledge the frontal cortex does not completely form until around the age of 21 - 25 ( in some footy players this may be a tad older too). This part of the brain is where we make our decisions that involve taking into account 'risk'.

So the girls were placed in a vulnerable situation because of our current statute of law. I'm not privy to theirs ' or the players' ethics and moral standards so all I'm going by is the law.

What the actual **** are you talking about. It is not about the law.

I'll try and dumb it down for you.

Go to school event organised by club and school, don't **** school girl. Bad look for club and code. Sponsors leave. Parents no more want school do event because they don't want daughter fucked by football player in his mid-twenties.

What the actual **** are you talking about. It is not about the law.

I'll try and dumb it down for you.

Go to school event organised by club and school, don't **** school girl. Bad look for club and code. Sponsors leave. Parents no more want school do event because they don't want daughter fucked by football player in his mid-twenties.
If it's not about the law and they haven't broken the law it's about moral and ethics as I just said.

I sense an attitude of aggression in your posts towards me, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today?

So parents have no responsibility in educating their daughters? And did the girls have any say in this whole sordid affair?

If it's not about the law and they haven't broken the law it's about moral and ethics as I just said.

I sense an attitude of aggression in your posts towards me, did you get out of the wrong side of the bed today?

So parents have no responsibility in educating their daughters? And did the girls have any say in this whole sordid affair?

It's not about that, it isn't about if it is legal, if the girls were vulnerable, if they came on to them or whatever. It is a fucked look for the game. Why do you think they lost their sponsor and the game reacted the way it did.

I am not trying to be aggressive it is just frustrating because you keep changing the goal posts. It's not about legality, or willingness etc. Leaving out the fact that it is pretty gross, it is about how it looks for the game.

It's not about that, it isn't about if it is legal, if the girls were vulnerable, if they came on to them or whatever. It is a fucked look for the game. Why do you think they lost their sponsor and the game reacted the way it did.

I am not trying to be aggressive it is just frustrating because you keep changing the goal posts. It's not about legality, or willingness etc. Leaving out the fact that it is pretty gross, it is about how it looks for the game.
I did not "keep changing the goalposts". I stated if no law was broken then it's a matter of moral and ethics. Which I'm sure you'll agree is accurate.

I did not "keep changing the goalposts". I stated if no law was broken then it's a matter of moral and ethics. Which I'm sure you'll agree is accurate.

So what is your actual objection to all of this?

I have no objection - no law was broken. :happy:
Agreed the optics aren't great but as the participants were willing I can only see the real issue is that it was discovered. I can only assume the young ladies weren't first timers and somehow had been coerced so if it's at their instigation and wanted to play, all fair. Sexual attraction can be overwhelming at times. It would have been best if we never learned about the events. Never know, they may end up in a double wedding! So Romeo and Juliet.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncos Maestro
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.