NRL Players and family members in hot water

Kent is hard to follow at times.

He was applauding the Storm's punishment for Bromwich, but yet 3 weeks for the Sharks was a joke...

Proctor's punishment is not good enough.

I would gladly cop a 4 week ban if I was a player and got caught doing drugs. It wouldn't stop me from taking drugs, I would just be more careful next time and do it when I know the NRL are not going to be testing and by the sounds of it they don't do as much testing as they should.

Darius on NRL 360 said the Broncos players have been tested 3 times this year and it's not the whole group and it's not random. 3 times. The NRL are really dropping the ball in this department.

As for 20k fine.. Please..

Don't forget the world cup. On NRL 360 they said that has cost him and Bromwich 120k each. That's a big whack added to the 20k from the Tits

If you don't like a law you take the appropriate steps to try and change it, you don't break it just to prove a point.

In any case I highly doubt this is what these guys were doing or that it is even relevant to the discussion we are having.

Do you ever feel like you are just arguing for the sake of it?
You just repeated what I said in different words, leaving out the part about civil disobedience, which you don't seem to understand.
But I'm the one arguing for the sake of it... ok

The problem is the drug culture and criminal model in Australia period. Why is it such a big deal what players do in their personal life to u or me as long as their not harming anyone else? The problem is getting caught and the look for the game and their unfortunate place as role models. Thus why more severe punishments for being stupid or unlucky enough to get caught which is part of their employment which sucks but is par for course. As long as it isn't performing enhancing should be none of our business because we know criminalisation and stigmatisation of drug users is working so well for them and society right...

So is she old school media who doesn't run to print private behavior ?

Bulldogs star Josh Reynolds boozy scandal at Northies, Cronulla
Nick Hansen, The Daily Telegraph33 minutes ago

NRL star Josh Reynolds is at the centre of the code’s newest booze scandal after allegedly arguing with nightclub staff and fellow players during a night out on Friday.

Police were called after a female staff member first tried to eject the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs five-eighth while in the main bar at Northies Cronulla Hotel just after 11.30pm.

One witness, who did not wish to be named, said Reynolds thought the woman was a fan trying to get his attention when in fact she was urging him to leave the venue because he had drunk too much.

“This guy was just out of line, his own players were trying to get him out of the place … he kept pushing them away,” the witness claimed.

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle said the club had been told Reynolds was out with Bulldogs forward Aiden Tolman and their partners when the star player was approached by Northies staff.
The club has been informed Reynolds wanted to finish his drink before leaving the venue.

Police have confirmed they are investigating the incident.

“Police are inquiring following a fail to quit incident at a licenced premises on the corner of Kingsway and Elouera Rd, Cronulla,” a police spokeswoman said.

“It will be alleged a 28-year-old man was asked to leave the venue due to his level of intoxication after a verbal altercation with security. The man left the scene.

“Officers attached to Miranda Local Area Command attended and spoke to the man. Inquiries are continuing.”
It is understood police have seized CCTV footage from Northies and Reynolds faces a $550 fine if he is charged and if the fail-to-quit offence is proven.

The witness said a male staff member also asked Reynolds to leave before a security guard was called over.

The witness claims Reynolds continued his protest with the security guard, swearing at him as he tried to usher Reynolds out.

Female members of Reynolds’ group left the venue.

“All the girlfriends of the players started walking out,” the witness said.

The witness also stressed those accompanying Reynolds, understood to include at least one other Bulldogs player, were well-behaved.

“They were what you expect from normal human beings who play A-grade football,” the witness said.

Outside the hotel Reynolds called his fellow player a “dog” for siding with venue staff, according to the witness.

Police arrived to find Reynolds had moved to nearby Sting Bar, where they caught up with him.

Reynolds has become the heart and soul of the Bulldogs, where he has played since 2011, but is due to join Wests Tigers on a lucrative four-year deal in 2018.

The troubled Bulldogs were thrashed 42-12 by the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday, the night before the Northies incident, and now sit thirteenth on the NRL ladder.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a/news-story/a6d3939afa2d8c2c560f19df4489c5bc

Northies. There's your problem.

Hang on. Grub. There's your problem.

Hmmm what about RSA laws. How do you serve someone a drink and before he finishes that drink ask him to leave because he is so drunk.

Reynolds is a douche but other questions need to be asked of Northies+

That Sting Bar could also get into strife for allowing him in if he was that intoxicated.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.