vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
First season I can remember in my 31 years on this earth where I honestly am not excited about our chances this year.

I expect a lose tomorrow night. Probably in the game at stages but in the end we will give away too many penalties, make too many crucial errors and will fail to build and pressure. Same old Broncos from the past 3 or 4 years

You'll have to show your working out. Point being he along with the other players have shown they're capable of coming up with big plays and have led their sides to victory. It's easy to get caught up in all the negative stories, but there's some seriously talented players in this team who on their day can win it.

Well, my point has always been and will be, that individual player performances are important, but no less so than the combinations which work amongst groups of key players, like our spine, and equally importantly, our halves. I am not trying to split hairs but to emphasise that this is a team sport and the best teams are those where the "whole" is greater than the sum of the parts. This is largely on Seibold, to pull it all together in his game plan.

For me, the most significant difference with this roster is that we for the first time in a long time, have a quality half back which, I am hoping, will let Milford off the leash that has been tied around his neck for the past few seasons due to the very lack of a decent half. At the risk of being repetitive, I look back to the days when Milf + Hunt were a lethal combination, with the added benefit of quality support runners.

As well, we have Turps in the middle and I am surely hoping he does more than just shovel the ball to the nearest prop or run straight into the defence.

I remain positive. Broncos by 8 - 12 assuming of course that our defence has been fixed and becomes that sort of organic whole, that united defensive machine, that so dominated in 2015 - 16

Last edited:
Depends on your defintion of 'succesfully'... I mean, he managed to wear the #1 jersey and run onto the field in it.. if that's what you mean...
Managed to score a try against us and his conversation rate was better than ours.

Screenshot 2020 03 12 Broncos v Cowboys

Last edited:
Well, my point has always been and will be, that individual player performances are important, but no less so than the combinations which work amongst groups of key players, like our spine, and equally importantly, our halves. I am not trying to split hairs but to emphasise that this is a team sport and the best teams are those where the "whole" is greater than the sum of the parts. This is largely on Seibold, to pull it all together in his game plan.

I don't disagree but based on what the Broncos have shown so far, they're going to rely on individual efforts. It isn't ideal, but by the same token, there are going to be games where they're going to decide it for the club.

With the make-up of the roster, it's going to take awhile for them to come together a team. They have so many young inexperienced forwards, it's going to take some time before they mature both physically and mentally.

I don't disagree but based on what the Broncos have shown so far, they're going to rely on individual efforts. It isn't ideal, but by the same token, there are going to be games where they're going to decide it for the club.

With the make-up of the roster, it's going to take awhile for them to come together a team. They have so many young inexperienced forwards, it's going to take some time before they mature both physically and mentally.

Agree of course, however I expect to see actual signs tomorrow night of what is to come, when things gel. Individual efforts will not get this team very far this season. Too many quality teams for that.

Not sure if mentioned anywhere, but NRL Physio is reporting that Glenn suffered a setback on his injury and is expected to miss several weeks.

I can guarantee we won’t get the ‘horror injury toll’ excuse the other teams do
The squad we made was a bit of a gamble depth-wise with an eye to the future and it has back fired big time...

My biggest two concerns are our bench which has been well documented. I just struggle to see momentum continuing once the first 20 is over and they have to make changes. The answer will be keeping guys out there and then they just become fatigued and Morgan and Holmes will pick them off later.

I am not bagging Hoppa I hope he has a blinder but I just can't see it for two reasons. I don't see what he will achieve off the bench, he's a hole runner and it's a hard gig to come off the bench in your first game and pick up the pace of the game and be able to judge the ball accurately. The plus is he can play left or right so he's versatile and he makes efforts but his best work has been off Gamble and Cullen just running lines at gaps and inside shoulders.

Additional to that the Broncos haven't proven great at giving the passes those guys need.

I think with this season with attack, we just have to be patient and give it time (assuming the season continues?) I want to see a rock solid defence this game and strategic kicking to turn their big around and trap them into corners.
I'd be happy with a 2-0 win.
We need to use our wingers more than last year but hopefully we can ease into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • davidp
  • Jedhead
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.