NRL TV Rights Deal

****, I hope Ch 9 adopts the virtual 10 metre line.

Though I reckon it'll be scrapped by round 10 after heavy scrutiny of the refs, the NRL doesn't like that and they may ask the broadcasters to only use it sparingly.

****, I hope Ch 9 adopts the virtual 10 metre line.

Though I reckon it'll be scrapped by round 10 after heavy scrutiny of the refs, the NRL doesn't like that and they may ask the broadcasters to only use it sparingly.

This. Wil make the refs look bad for 90% of sets.

As if we as viewers need it to know when teams are offside. The refs need it in the box for the close calls.

Looking forward to the nrl channel though!!!!

Unless of course the NRL use the opportunity to be pro-active. People hate the video ref intervening during games, but in this case he/she doesn't need to call the offsides, he can simply be managing the refs - telling them they need to be a metre or two forward or back. To be fair, with the way players flop and wriggle on the ground, and with the speed of the play, it would be bloody hard to not only determine a mark but then also 10 metres from it. Having it relayed will give the refs a bearing and they'll probably naturally improve over time because of it.

But it's the NRL. So it'll never happen.

Unless of course the NRL use the opportunity to be pro-active. People hate the video ref intervening during games, but in this case he/she doesn't need to call the offsides, he can simply be managing the refs - telling them they need to be a metre or two forward or back. To be fair, with the way players flop and wriggle on the ground, and with the speed of the play, it would be bloody hard to not only determine a mark but then also 10 metres from it. Having it relayed will give the refs a bearing and they'll probably naturally improve over time because of it.

But it's the NRL. So it'll never happen.

I'd be more inclined to go with... "But it's the NRL, so they'll probably do it, but be absolutely fucking useless at it"

Maybe we could have a virtual circle where the tackle happens, so that we can see people crawling off the mark.

On topic, I'm considering re-subbing to Foxtel Play to try this new channel out. Pretty sure the AFL one was included, so I'm sure this will be too.

On topic, I'm considering re-subbing to Foxtel Play to try this new channel out. Pretty sure the AFL one was included, so I'm sure this will be too.
It is, I asked on Twitter. But I'm having issues with re-activating at the moment. Keeps saying my card can't be processed but they have charged me already.

It is, I asked on Twitter. But I'm having issues with re-activating at the moment. Keeps saying my card can't be processed but they have charged me already.

50% owned by Telstra.....

Maybe we could have a virtual circle where the tackle happens, so that we can see people crawling off the mark.

And a line perpendicular to the try line so we can see them walk sideways off the mark or play the ball sideways.

And a coach cam. Red button alerts when Bellamy is blowing up.

And a square on the hypotenuse, followed by the theory of relativity.

The virtual 10m line will probably just line up with the ref, they wont actually calculate a distance from the play the ball.

The virtual 10m line will probably just line up with the ref, they wont actually calculate a distance from the play the ball.

Feel for these referees they are going to get smashed every set now

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dazza 92
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.