RANT NRL vs Broncos: The book of bullshit

You need to add these man:

1. Shoe gate (you’d think people would come up with original names but anyway) - A private scuffle brings in a suspension for bringing the game into disrepute but two players from NSW teams actually get arrested and we are all good

2. Staggsnated - Staggs being forced to serve a suspension post-injury on the first and last of its kind

3. Carrigone - The first and last player to face a multiple week suspension on a tackle crackdown that no one understands to this day

4. Marinating - Dolphins enticing one of our young guns to try and break contract and nothing being done about it whatsoever but when a hint comes that we might be interested in Hunt, the system is broken and Broncos need to be investigated, additionally when TPJ does the same thing, nothing to see here and how good of the Panthers to capitalise

5. Chicken Sandwich - This moron is encouraged to agitate for a release and despite not receiving one, has a contract from two clubs literally ready to go and this is all ok

6. Dem Bad Boys - Broncos are one of the best disciplined sides in the league until they face Melbourne and suddenly we are one of the worst disciplined sides in years and get hammered by the ref as a result

7. The Fifita Precedent - Had Staggs simply passed right instead of left, we have a try but because he passed left coupled with Dave going down like he’d been shot, no try on a rule that until that moment didn’t exist and after that moment will also not ever be used again

8. The Flick of Fleg - Broncos are about to beat one or the premiership favourites in the Roosters until Topinua? Ducks his head into Flegs’ shoulder this resulting in a penalty and the Roosters winning the game as a result

9. Taupau’OD - Broncos look to have scored a winking try against the Raiders only for it to be called a penalty because Taupu’s knee hits Rapana in the head in a pure accident given Rapana’s head was like 5cm off the ground

10. Milfraud - I’m kidding this is totally on the club and the player but I wanted to have an even 10 things here

Why would the Dragons change their mind based on the club?

This is definitely hitting conspiracy theory territory, for which I make no apologies.

But when the Broncos were first mentioned by the media as a possible destination, I suggested that the NRL were going to block it. We know for a fact that the Broncos (admittedly, alongside other clubs) were given a written memo by the NRL about tampering with under-contract players. My theory is, due to the backlash, the NRL has given assurances to the Dragons (who up until that point had been spineless) that the NRL would see to it that they would support the Dragons in making Hunt honour his deal.

1. Shoe gate (you’d think people would come up with original names but anyway) - A private scuffle brings in a suspension for bringing the game into disrepute but two players from NSW teams actually get arrested and we are all good

2. Staggsnated - Staggs being forced to serve a suspension post-injury on the first and last of its kind

3. Carrigone - The first and last player to face a multiple week suspension on a tackle crackdown that no one understands to this day

4. Marinating - Dolphins enticing one of our young guns to try and break contract and nothing being done about it whatsoever but when a hint comes that we might be interested in Hunt, the system is broken and Broncos need to be investigated, additionally when TPJ does the same thing, nothing to see here and how good of the Panthers to capitalise

5. Chicken Sandwich - This moron is encouraged to agitate for a release and despite not receiving one, has a contract from two clubs literally ready to go and this is all ok

6. Dem Bad Boys - Broncos are one of the best disciplined sides in the league until they face Melbourne and suddenly we are one of the worst disciplined sides in years and get hammered by the ref as a result

7. The Fifita Precedent - Had Staggs simply passed right instead of left, we have a try but because he passed left coupled with Dave going down like he’d been shot, no try on a rule that until that moment didn’t exist and after that moment will also not ever be used again

8. The Flick of Fleg - Broncos are about to beat one or the premiership favourites in the Roosters until Topinua? Ducks his head into Flegs’ shoulder this resulting in a penalty and the Roosters winning the game as a result

9. Taupau’OD - Broncos look to have scored a winking try against the Raiders only for it to be called a penalty because Taupu’s knee hits Rapana in the head in a pure accident given Rapana’s head was like 5cm off the ground

10. Milfraud - I’m kidding this is totally on the club and the player but I wanted to have an even 10 things here

Thank you for your wonderful contribution. There are so many of these that this "book" is definitely going to warrant being leather-bound and resulting in the room it is stored in smelling of rich mahogany.

If Origin doesn't count as a week for Walsh that deserves to be added to the list. Kevie needs to drill into the teams heads that the NRL will **** us without lube whenever they get the chance so we need to be so good that they can't.

The Taupau penalty against the raiders still makes me rage: there’s no reason why that shouldn’t have been a try. Same deal with the obstruction call and ‘forward pass’ against the titans, two tries that were taken off us for no reason directly resulting in a loss.

The worst part about is that the refs are never held seriously accountable for crap calls. Being relegated to the sideline or bunker isn’t sufficient. Casey Badger should a touch judge in qcup this week and that ginger from the Storm game should have also been in qcup (if I had my way he’d be reffing a PNG bush game since the nrl insist that a PNG team is a viable 18th side) the week after.

You missed the most important part of this one. The penalty came from a challenge that should never have been allowed because the tackle was in the previous play.

On this one it's also that the rorters challenged for foul play, which they're not allowed to do.

I think the knock on they were challenging occurred in ptb, therefore the incident occurred in the previous tackle, which shouldn't have been considered.

On the Hunt wanting out of his Dragons saga, everyone’s favourite Gus Gould came out and said no one should be approaching contracted players, saying it’s wrong that players can come out asking for a release and decide to just switch clubs.
Interestingly, where did Karl Oloapu end up? And was he contracted when requesting the release, Gus?
This is the double standard BS that I am sick of.

Does anybody remember the last Bronco to front the juidiciary and be exonerated and when this was? As best I remember it was Hodgo and even that required an opposition player testifying in his defence.

What about pretty much every single one of Fleglers high tackles? The NRL believe that just because he doesn't get suspended they got it right, when the refs are just giving teams a leg up against us.

On the Hunt wanting out of his Dragons saga, everyone’s favourite Gus Gould came out and said no one should be approaching contracted players, saying it’s wrong that players can come out asking for a release and decide to just switch clubs.
Interestingly, where did Karl Oloapu end up? And was he contracted when requesting the release, Gus?
This is the double standard BS that I am sick of.
Bulldogs fans would have you believe that it was perfectly fine because it happened during the off-season

What about pretty much every single one of Fleglers high tackles? The NRL believe that just because he doesn't get suspended they got it right, when the refs are just giving teams a leg up against us.
How about Rd 4 2022, where Flegler was penalised and sin binned into oblivion. It was his first game back after a 3 week stint on the sideline to start the year... he was penalised for hitting too hard and binned for a cannon ball that occurred on the player's hip.

Patty also picked up an MCL injury from a hip drop/cannonball tackle and nothing came from it (I think it was Jazz??)

Can we merge this with the other conspiracy thread just a few posts down?

The Gillett sin bin after he ran downfield 60m deserves a mention somewhere just for how incompetent it was.

Regarding the Hunt stuff in this thread, it's very much possible that the Dragons would have rejected the release regardless of the club he was possibly going to, and good on them. My issue and annoyance with this one comes from media side, and how we're the worst scum in the world for even trying to do something that is legal and other teams have done.

Can we merge this with the other conspiracy thread just a few posts down?

Not to be picky, but I would like the "book" to be front page on its own thread. The other mentions are spread between thousands of posts, I like this being formalised and compiled in the one place (here).

Do you think maybe Hunt is a bigger story then an unemployed second rower and a Cup winger?

Maybe ... but it wasn't a story until we entered the picture.

The media were openly talking about who should get him

The Gillett sin bin after he ran downfield 60m deserves a mention somewhere just for how incompetent it was.

I've always regarded this one as a legit innocent mistake, simply because the ref apparently apologised face-to-face after the game to Gillett. I mean, it's a massive ****-up, and it's not like an apology allows them to run back on the field and start again from the 60th minute or whatever. But it's not a blatantly-lying-to-our-faces effort like Annersley telling us that somehow Coates' wrist band is suddenly on another player's wrist, and the black also rubbed off, in order to justify a video ref no-try call.

TPJ was agitating for a release for a long time before we let him go, then was signed up pretty much on the day he was released. If that's not sus then I don't know what to tell you
Exactly.

It wasn't like he was a surplus to the Broncos requirements, Pangai Jr was running amock and Brisbane tried everything to smooth the situation over.

For those that need a reminder, he was calling up Politis looking for a gig at the Roosters and got himself suspended for the entire season for COVID breaches looking to force the club's hands. When the club met with him to work on a solution, Pangai had to work a 9-5 and be on good behaviour. That lasted until Madge met with him and Isaako without the club's permission.

It wasn't like Pangai Jr was some run of the mill forward either. He was (still is?) one of the most highly paid forwards in the game. His salary cap contributed to the Broncos problems and he went to the Panthers chasing a premiership. It wasn't like they needed him, he was just brought into cover for Fisher-Harris who took time off to be with his pregnant partner in Sydney.

It was a luxury signing for them.

Same deal with Nofoaluma. It's not like he was some run of the mill winger, he's one of the most highly paid in the competition. There's no way Melbourne could afford him and beggers should never be choosers in a salary tier comp.

Also I can't buy the argument that the Storm improved him. If Melbourne improved him, why was he dropped to reggies?

By all means, sandbag the thread. I think the carry on is entertaining albeit ridiculous but let's not fight fire with fire. There's no way what happened with Pangai Jr or Nofoaluma was kosher - the same can be said of Chris Walker 20 years ago.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mrslong
  • BooKhaki
  • Kev_Guz
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • Manifesto
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.