NSW 2018

I hate the fact that I really like and respect their captain. I've met Cordner a few times and he is just an all-round good bloke. His losing speech and tribute to the Maroons and JT was pure class. He should be a Queenslander.
He probably is, but just doesn't know it.

The forward pack is one area NSW need to look at.

I really liked Trbojevic this series. He wanted to get involved and make the tough runs, he was calling for the ball and looking for someone to pass back inside to which really worked in Game 2.

He wasn't trying to milk penalties or any of that rubbish. He just rolled up his sleeves and got his job done without any fuss.

That's the difference between us and NSW. We do that, they don't.
Yeah I feel like Paul Gallen has rubbed off on too many now and it doesn't help that the main sharks culprits are in their team either.

Sharks game plan is to drag their opponent down to their level and that grubby milking BS should have no role in NRL let alone Origin.

The error called against Jackson in the first half should've been a warning shot to them that milking it wouldn't fly yet Hayne, Fifita and co. weren't willing to work for it and instead continued to play for the whistle ultimately causing them frustration and losing the game.

NSW need to just move on from this same brigade of under-performers playing out of position honestly, Dugan, Ferugson, Hayne. They're trash at rep level. Tedesco did fine honestly, he's still got a lot of learning to do, don't get me wrong, but he's still the best young Fullback in the game. Halves is also a big issue for them, I can't see them picking Maloney or Pearce again, they've lost far too many times and had far too many chances. I can envision a 17 like this -

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Clint Gutherson
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Aaron Woods
9. Nathan Peats
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner (c)
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Wade Graham
15. Andrew Fifita
16. Nathan Brown
17. Matt Moylan

Mate, I think you have pretty much nailed it with that squad. The only change I would make would be to get rid of Woods as well and replace him with Paul Vaughn or Campbell-Gillard.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Josh Mansour
3. James Roberts
4. Jack Bird
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. James Maloney/Luke Keary
7. Chad Townsend/James Maloney
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Nathan Peats/Peter Wallace
10. David Klemmer
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Clinton Gutherson
15. Wade Graham
16. Andrew Fifita
17. Ryan James

I think that's a side that can win them a series in the near future.

I don't think Cleary is ready yet, and Pearce has had enough chances. Moylan needs to show consistency and if he can, he should come in but until then..

Hayne comes back in when he can cut out all of the silly shit and stops trying to be the hero all of the time.

NSW, please pick Peter Wallace .....:devil:

Brett Morris won't be in the NSW side next year.

He has retired from rep footy effective immediately, which means he is also out of the World Cup.

Smart move, he wouldn't have made the world cup side and wouldn't be picked for NSW next year. Making it sound like he is going our on his own terms.

Mans Whore should replace Morris if he's not injured. That's a big "if" of course.

Like most on here agree, the dead/dumb weight in Jackson, Hayne, Ferguson, Woods, Graham + Pearce need to go. Dugan is still ok imo but only if there's no better option. Could depend on what we do with Bird and if he plays well if we put him at centre

1. Tedesco
2. Mansauce
3. Dugan/Bird
4. Roberts
5. TTurbo
6. Maloney/Gutho/Keary
7. Anyone but Pearce
8. Klemmer
9. Peats
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Bird/Gutho
15. De Belin
16. Fifita
17. Crichton

I think Tom Trbojevic would be far too big of a waste on the wing.

He is the superior fullback when compared to Tedesco and should be picked over him or not at all.

Tedesco has shown bugger all on why he deserves to be there next year. He is there because he is a gamebreaker but can't deliver when Blues are on the back foot.

Trbojevic is a special talent. He is made for Origin.

I think Tom Trbojevic would be far too big of a waste on the wing.

He is the superior fullback when compared to Tedesco and should be picked over him or not at all.

Tedesco has shown bugger all on why he deserves to be there next year. He is there because he is a gamebreaker but can't deliver when Blues are on the back foot.

Trbojevic is a special talent. He is made for Origin.

I agree about Turbo having to be there at fullback but I don't agree that Tedesco showed nothing, he was one of the Blues best in all three games in both attack and defense.

Paul Kent nailing it on Fifita again. Has gone as far to say he should have a red pen through him for next year based on his blowup over Daleys idea to start Klemmer and bring him off the bench. Says alot about the character of the bloke. All about him and not the team. It was actually a smart play to get him going at the reserves in our side but Daley caved into his whinge. Not a great endorsement of a head coach either.

He talked about how QLD picks alot on character and not just solely talent. Makes alot of sense.

Back at Ye Ole RLeague, there was a poster who went to great lengths to show how Gallen was very poor in his earlier years in Origin. That even though he would appear to be doing a lot of good, it were the smallest things that were letting his team down. Very similar things to Fifita - like switching off for just half a second on the try-line. There was an example shown where, had Gallen not given up when he did, he would have been in the perfect position to prevent a try that ultimately cost NSW a game and subsequently the series.

It'll be interesting if such events as those in Game 3, where Fifita and Woods were caught out, will have burned themselves in to their brains, and they'll come back more determined and focused, knowing that it's literally one or two lazy plays that cost them a series that was theirs to take. Or whether they'll think they did enough and find excuses to not improve. Fifita will 100% be picked next year unless injured, and Woods is very likely himself, so they'll get more chances to prove themselves.

Back at Ye Ole RLeague, there was a poster who went to great lengths to show how Gallen was very poor in his earlier years in Origin. That even though he would appear to be doing a lot of good, it were the smallest things that were letting his team down. Very similar things to Fifita - like switching off for just half a second on the try-line. There was an example shown where, had Gallen not given up when he did, he would have been in the perfect position to prevent a try that ultimately cost NSW a game and subsequently the series.

It'll be interesting if such events as those in Game 3, where Fifita and Woods were caught out, will have burned themselves in to their brains, and they'll come back more determined and focused, knowing that it's literally one or two lazy plays that cost them a series that was theirs to take. Or whether they'll think they did enough and find excuses to not improve. Fifita will 100% be picked next year unless injured, and Woods is very likely himself, so they'll get more chances to prove themselves.

Someone made a whole video on it. Video is from 2010.

Daley got the boot. Wonder who is up next

Daley got the boot. Wonder who is up next

Wonder if Hayne had a meeting with the NSW bosses last week? He was in Sydney but didn't go to the Titans/Eels game.

Speaking of Hayne they just had a bit on the news about him a minute ago. At training today he started then went down with a bad ankle so sat out most of the session before returning for the last few drills.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrRobot
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.