NSW Origin I Side

How did the Tigers board not back him while letting him call the shots?

Foordy is referring to the Taylor/Farah incident.

Taylor wanted Farah gone, in the midst of it the Tigers brought in a new CEO who reviewed the issue and decided it was in everybody's best interest if Robbie stayed.

Taylor was so adamant he would get his way, he signed Matt Ballin as a ready made replacement. Ballin was set to fill the role of starting hooker and mentor for Cherrington and Liddle, but then the situation came to a head, Ballin suffered a serious injury and Taylor had his hands forced.

The more I look into the situation, the more I find myself siding with Farah. He cops a lot of flack for supposedly being critical of his former coaches, but I can't think of many players who weren't. Unless they were trained under a Gibson, Bennett or Fulton - at some point most players have formed a negative opinion of their coaches and wanted them gone.

If the 2010/11 Broncos review can be believed, our club certainly wasn't immune from it.

Who cares, Taylor lost his opportunity to put his stamp on the club as soon as the board sided with Farah. He made a choice to make a stand and will probably end up being kicked to the curb for it. I'm not saying that Taylor is a great coach but that certainly was a massive kick in the guts to a guy who was trying to make it work.

It was incredibly naive of Taylor.

"I'm a failed coach trying to resurrect my career and I'm going to do it by releasing the captain who is set to earn $2 Million over two seasons. I'm sure our cap can cover it and that other clubs will help alleviate me of the situation."

No one here would give up a 2 million dollar contract just because the new "boss" said he doesn't want you anymore. Farah was 100% right to fight the club on it. I don't understand the attitude these days that fighting for your legal rights somehow makes you a dick. People should do it more often, so clubs can't use and abuse players as they see fit. A contract is a commitment, not something you throw out there to seal a deal, and then change your mind on it when it comes time to pay up.

Also, who made that whole incident public? It's a perfect example of what an amateur club they are. That kind of thing should be handled completely behind closed doors and only shared publicly when an agreement is reached, or not shared at all if no agreement is reached.

Last edited:
No one here would give up a 2 million dollar contract just because the new "boss" said he doesn't want you anymore. Farah was 100% right to fight the club on it. I don't understand the attitude these days that fighting for your legal rights somehow makes you a dick. People should do it more often, so clubs can't use and abuse players as they see fit. A contract is a commitment, not something you throw out there to seal a deal, and then change your mind on it when it comes time to pay up.

Also, who made that whole incident public? It's a perfect example of what an amateur club they are. That kind of thing should be handled completely behind closed doors and only shared publicly when an agreement is reached, or not shared at all if no agreement is reached.

To my knowledge Robbie's management made the situation public and ran a campaign through a number of friendly journalists.

Either way, what a mess.

That kind of amateur hour rubbish would never happen at our club. Thankfully we have actual professionals running the joint and not ex-footballers who completed a cert II in business.

Morris out. Inglis vs Dugan 'the myth' at centre. Bring it! Either that or Walker - even better.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • lynx000
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Santa
  • eggstar10
  • Bronx48
  • Organix
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.