NSW Team for Game 2 - Official

Minichello to replace Dugan? NSW really sticking to that philosophy of building for the future. Cant wait to read what lame excuse Rocky uses for this one!

Ari Gold said:
NSW really sticking to that philosophy of building for the future.

Apparently the rumour is that Ricky will be coaching the Panthers next year, so has now changed his philosphy cause he won't be part of that future anyway, and just wants to win now at all cost.

Kidley is a match winner don't forget......oh wait....

Uate gets Grade 1. Good for origin. Hopeless.

In the Pantheon of dodgy Origin judiciary decisions I'm fine with that one

Meat77 said:
In the Pantheon of dodgy Origin judiciary decisions I'm fine with that one
Do we have a list of dodgy Origin judiciary decisions eusa_think

I think Hayne's not a headbutt would have to be in the top 3.

If it was Boyd or Yow Yeh, that would've been 5 weeks minimum. Who was the last Queensland player up in front of the judiciary at Origin time and got off?

Fozz said:
Who was the last Queensland player up in front of the judiciary at Origin time and got off?

Good question.

Shaun?

Scotty said:
Fozz said:
Who was the last Queensland player up in front of the judiciary at Origin time and got off?

Good question.

Shaun?
Wasn't Mick Crocker, who got 5 weeks! Yes you read correctly... 5 weeks! for a similar offense just before Origin.

Porthoz said:
Scotty said:
Fozz said:

Good question.

Shaun?
Wasn't Mick Crocker, who got 5 weeks! Yes you read correctly... 5 weeks! for a similar offense just before Origin.

To be fair Crocker generally has 1million carry over points lol

The Rock said:
There have been some very dodgy decisions from BOTH sides over the years, so don't give me this rubbish like "Oh as expected" like as though they favour NSW players or something. :roll:

The only thing that isn't surprising here is the bias from Queensland supporters and their inability to think outside the square. You'd all go quiet if it was someone like Boyd or Yow Yeh.

What about Bryan Fletcher's strike before the 2001 series? Tallis got suspended for 3 weeks for the same thing.

Uate is over rated anyway.

However Ricky might have picked Mullins on the wing to bring back some of that circa '01 Roosters spark [icon_lol1.

Does Minichello have those Forrest Gump brace things for his fucked back?

A good article in the CM detailed the history of judiciary decisions heading into Origin.

It ended up being 9-2 NSW's favour.

The two decisions that went Queensland's way were...

Tallis in Game 2 1994 who had Geoff Carr assist in his defence.

And Tuqiri in 2002 who was charged but used the TBA trick to be eligible for Origin 2.

I understand Hayne on the wing with Dugan playing FB, even when the coach has made a public statement about not picking guys out of position - coz after all, they are both quality players.

But when Doogs goes down injured, how is it not totally obvious to the coach who wants as many players as possible in their regular position, that he simply moves Hayne to FB, Hoppa out to the wing and brings in Idris?

To leave Hoppa in the centres and Hayne on the wing while bringing in Mini is totally weird [icon_shru

Because he realises Idris is shit and overrated.
He hasn't done anything, he's a useless turd who couldn't defend to save his life, a show pony off the field and makes about 2 runs a game on the field and one shoulder charge in between 10 missed tackles per game. Has about one good game in 10.

If he didn't have dreadlocks he wouldn't have many any rep teams yet.

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Because he realises Idris is shit and overrated.
He hasn't done anything, he's a useless turd who couldn't defend to save his life, a show pony off the field and makes about 2 runs a game on the field and one shoulder charge in between 10 missed tackles per game. Has about one good game in 10.

If he didn't have dreadlocks he wouldn't have many any rep teams yet.

I'm not a fan of Idris either, but 2 runs a game? His involvement is good, but he's just too shit at the moment. Has potential though.
He shits me because he's a lot like Inglis(except he's not anywhere near as good in defense), has the talent but he's lazy and doesn't get involved. Maybe as a Hodges fanatic my standards are too high because he's a benchmark is putting in 110% on the field.

A lot of dogs games I watch Idris will go missing completely, he usually starts well for the first 5-10 minutes and disappears. Josh Morris is a lot the same, he has a lot of talent but never goes looking for the ball, perhaps the blame is on shitty halves who aren't giving quality balls to the backline players.

Either way I think Idris is a backrower much more than he is a centre.

How can you compare Idris to Inglis and say one is lazy and the other isn't, in club games Inglis can go very long minutes without being cited. Besides they are centres and in large their involvment is determined by the forwards anf the halves getting them the ball. Only criticism I could have on Idris is his defensive reading and that he is a touch slow for an outside back. His actual front on defense is good enough and when he gets the right ball he is destructive, just because he doesn't do lots of dummy half runs like Hodges doesn't mean he is lazy because there are very few centres who actually do a lot of it as it is usually the domain of thge wingers to do this work.

I think they are mad not to play Idris, sure he may let in a try but he is good enough to put a few on the maroons IMO. All about getting him the ball.

Active Now

• Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Midean
  • Mustafur
  • RodF
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • Fatboy
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.