NSW Team for Game 2 - Official

I thought Watmough was on the do not pick list.

I am waiting for Mark Geyer to be recalled for Origin 3. Is Mark Carroll fit.

Back page of the Tele reports that Anthony Minichiello is to replace Dugan if he's not fit.
This is a great move, I reckon. He plays a similar style of game to Dugan, he's played Origin before, and I trust his defence more than Dugan, Hayne, or Hopoate.

Mini isn't a bad selection but he's nowhere near his peak. Stewart would be a better choice though, even if he isn't at peak fitness.

When is the last time Minichiello played for the blues?

Before his run of bad luck with injuries he would carve. Not as dangerous these days though.

Scotty said:
When is the last time Minichiello played for the blues?

Before his run of bad luck with injuries he would carve. Not as dangerous these days though.

He played in Game 1, 2007. Queensland won 25-18 after trailing 18-6 at half time.

LOL, stuart just keeps backflipping

Asked was Hopoate a player for the future given his two-year sabbatical, Stuart said: "I have no idea what Will is doing in the future.

"It's not my business to be concerned about what he is doing with his religion.

"I am only looking at the immediate."

So 3 weeks ago it was all about the future, now this. lol

QUEENSLANDER said:
So 3 weeks ago it was all about the future, now this. lol

It was only ever going to be about the future if they won game 1

I hope they don't pick him.

Origin can bring out the best in plenty of players. I don't want a weapon like him playing.

I suppose your point holds up Rock considering Kidley was selected there...

Okay that's that dead horse flogged. [icon_razz1

Minichiello played well last season but there were times he was found out. In an arena like Origin I'd worry whether he'd be up for it.

I'd shift Hayne to fullback, Hoppa to wing and Idris to centre.

Hayne at least poses a threat.

The Count does not.

Hayne is unpredictable & is a huge threat.

He could be the match winner. (highly unlikely though, I just wanted to say nice things about him for once)

I rate Idris as a better player than old man chiello who will just be a liability.

Big Pete said:
I rate Idris as a better player than old man chiello who will just be a liability.

Yeah agreed, don't know what people see in Minichello these days.

If people want a safe fullback, Brett Stewart is your answer. He's better than Minichello in every way.

You people are nuts if you think Mini wouldn't cause headaches for the QLD team.

Nashy said:
You people are nuts if you think Mini wouldn't cause headaches for the QLD team.
Who are you calling YOU people?

Will they reshuffle the backline at all if Dugan is out? Or will it remain as it is with Minichello slotting straight in?

As Brizz pointed out before, Hopoate has had very limited, if any experience at center in the NRL. Starting him there in origin is throwing him into the deep end big time. And if the backline were to reshuffle, who goes to center? Hayne? IMO that would restrict him too much, he needs room to move to be effective in origin.

It seems more and more to me like Ricky panicked and selected a young bolter without giving it much thought after Jennings got injured and Dugan pulled up hurt, hoping he would save the day. The forward pack he picked after their crap performance in game one raises enough questions, but the backline makes no sense at all.

Nashy said:

I wouldn't want to find out, but it has been a long time since he has really torn it up vs Queensland.

The Rock said:
[quote="Big Pete":33udjs5j]I rate Idris as a better player than old man chiello who will just be a liability.

Liability?? When has he ever been a liability in the NSW team? He's no
More a liability than Hayne who has cost a few tries in his time.[/quote:33udjs5j]

Last time he played was 4 years ago, he's no where near the same player.

Serious question, do you actually think Minichiello is currently a better fullback than Hayne?

Big Pete said:
Serious question, do you actually think Minichiello is currently a better fullback than Hayne?

[eusa_naugh

Well seeing as Ricky doesn't rate Hayne as a fullback at Origin level, Mini is the better fullback.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • Midean
  • Jeza23
  • Skathen
  • barker
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.