NSW team for game 3

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
After some terrible selections for the first 2 games of the series, it's obvious that NSW needs a fair few changes for game 3.

What would your team be? Do you think NSW can even pick a team that can stop QLD from a 3-0 series win?

Does it matter? They'll get thrashed.

:P

However, FWIW, this is what I would pick...it won't happen because it involves benching the captain.

1. Hayne
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Cooper
5. J. Morris
6. Wallace
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Bailey (assuming he's fit), if not Kite
11. Laffranchi
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Gidley
15. Poore
16. Gallen
17. Kite (if Bailey is fit)/Joel Clinton or Luke Douglas

1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Brett Morris - depending on Jennings forgot about him
3 Josh Morris
4 Matt Cooper
5 Joel Monahan
6 Thug Barrett
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Luke Bailey - Captain
9 Michael Ennis
10 Brent Kite
11 Luke O'Donnell
12 Ben Creagh
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Kurt Gidley - 2IC
15 Antony Watmaugh
16 Paulolz Gallen
17 Michael Weyman
18 Justin Poore

That is dangerous and should be the team.

Oh and Coach: Phil Gould.

Agree with that team. Wallace is pathetic at the moment and must take a lot of the blame. Nsw was making a ton of metres and he didnt capitalise. Takes an eternity to kick as well giving the defence time to pressure him

NSW have looked more dangerous with Gidley and Wing playing hooker - which I think means drop Farah.
Keep some of the young guns in and bring in some more.
If Idris wasn't injured I'd put him in the centres; he's a star of the future and giving him a taste of Origin early on will help him develop.

1. Hayne
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Lyon (but I'd rather Idris)
5. J. Morris
6. Barrett (if suspended, Mullen)
7. Wallace
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Bailey
11. Waterhouse
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Gidley
15. Gallen
16. Poore
17. Kite

[icon_ee WTF

If not Gould, then why not try Bennett? He has coached against Australia, as assistant to Stephen Kearney with the World Cup-winning New Zealand side last year, so the idea of his coaching the Blues isn't crazy. Bennett has already coached club sides in Brisbane (the Broncos), Sydney (St George Illawarra) and the ACT (Canberra), plus Australia, the Kiwis and Queensland. It would complete a southern hemisphere full house for him.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/origin/ ... 85608.html

[icon_thumbs_do Don't even make jokes about this.

Lucky I asked Bennett if he would ever coach NSW and he said no, never. I hope he meant it. :shock: [icon_ee

I can see him doing it. If Price, Civo and Locky go around one more time next year, beating them would be the ultimate challenge, even bigger than winning the World Cup for NZ.

I would lose the little respect I have for him if he did. Sif he would tho

QUEENSLANDER said:
I would lose the little respect I have for him if he did. Sif he would tho
Yeah he wouldn't ever do it. Just like Gould would never coach QLD.

I think NSW is a bit different to NZ. NSW has ample playing stocks and coaching staff available.

NZ will always be light on truly hardened internationals compared to Australia, and likewise they don't have as many coaches etc around.

Plus while the international game has been in a major lull for the past decade or more, Origin doesn't seem to be waning at all (even though IMO the games are nowhere near as good as they were in the 80s or 90s).

NSW are in a tough position here. Hayne has been head and shoulders above everyone and deserves a shot at his preferred position of fullback. But Gidley's the captain and although he can play in the halves, probably doesn't have the organisation skills to be there full time. So will the selectors have the balls to sack their captain and move him to the bench or will Hayne be stuck on the wing to save them the embarrassment?

My team would be (in lieu of Kimmorley not being picked since the start, pointless bringing him in for game 3)

1. Patten
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Monaghan/Cooper
5. Hayne
6. Mullen
7. Wallace
8. Weymann
9. Ennis
10. Bailey if available, or Kite
11. O'Donnell
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. Kite/Poore
15. Poore/ffs where are all NSW's props?
16. Creagh
17. Gidley (c) (lol)

1.Jarryd Hayne
2.Brett Morris
3.Josh Morris
4.Michael Jennings
5.Joel Monaghan
6.Terry Campese
7.Brett Kimmorley
8.Luke Bailey
9.Michael Ennis
10.Michael Weyman
11.Trent Waterhouse
12.Ben Creagh
13.Paul Gallen

14.Anthony Watmough
15.Luke O'Donnell
16.Justin Poore
17.Kurt Gidley

Absolutely can't believe the selectors picked Wallace over Campese for the last game. Even funnier was that Rock was telling me how good Wallace would be [icon_lol1.

Actually I'd probably have Nathan Hindmarsh in my squad at the expense of Gallen.

I think definately drop Farrah and I would probably replace him with Ennis. Wing will be right to play for the next game so I would probably pop him in there as well. wallace was given enough time and he has to go as well, I would replace him with Noddy even though they are trying to go for a younger-ish team but they are lacking that direction that Wallace is meant to be giving. I thought Creagh was pretty shit but thats just my opinion, maybe he was used at the wrong time.

Yeah I picked Kimmorley, but basically you do that if NSW is desperate to avoid 3-0.

If not, then they have to blood new players with a view to 2010 and beyond. And the questions will be:
1) Do we see Peter Wallace as a long term option for halfback or five-eighth?
2) Do we see Robbie Farah as our long term hooker or should we give Ennis a go?
3) Is Gidley really our best captain option or should we use someone else as captain, put Gidley on the bench and get the most out of him?

Coxy said:
Yeah I picked Kimmorley, but basically you do that if NSW is desperate to avoid 3-0.

Is losing 3-0 any more embarrasing that losing 4 straight series though?

I think Kimmorely is currently the best option at halback, but if I was a blues supporter, I'd prefer to see the blues pick a young side with combinations that could be around for years to come. Who cares if they get flogged? It would hold them in good stead for future series. If they are going to pick guys like Kimmorely and Barrett in the halves over Mullen/Wallace/Campese, they should have done so from the outset of this series. In my opinion, there is no point in bring in older players in a dead rubber.

I would like to see the opposite of game 3, 2000.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.