NSW team for game 3

Watmough is useless. Turnstile defence, and only ever does anything if he gets the ball in space. Won't go near it if his pack is being dominated, absolute cat.

Agree with rnabokov re: Waterhouse. I had forgotten him, but he's in great form this year.

say wat you will about watmough but he was their best forward by a mile in game 2

Fatty was asking for Alan Tongue to play - fair call. Waterhouse in the second row? Tongue, O'Donnell and drop Gallen?

I'd have Creagh, Tongue, O'Donnell, with Waterhouse coming off the bench late in each half.

Anyone else read that cryptic article about Wallace being hunt out to dry?

What exactly did Henjak mean by this:
“It started from the day he walked into camp,'' said Henjak.

“They were just into him the whole time. He had no support whatsoever come from anyone in that camp. He just had to wear it all himself and I just thought it was grossly unfair.

No support from anyone in the camp? What about his team mates? Support for what? They didn't want to tell the QLDers he had a rib injury? Or what?

This has me rather confused. eusa_think

If he really did have an injury he shouldn't have played. Sheesh.

mrslong said:
Anyone else read that cryptic article about Wallace being hunt out to dry?

What exactly did Henjak mean by this:
“It started from the day he walked into camp,'' said Henjak.

“They were just into him the whole time. He had no support whatsoever come from anyone in that camp. He just had to wear it all himself and I just thought it was grossly unfair.

No support from anyone in the camp? What about his team mates? Support for what? They didn't want to tell the QLDers he had a rib injury? Or what?

This has me rather confused. eusa_think

The papers and other media have been tearing into him and really giving him a hard time after game 1.
Ivan was annoyed that none of the NSW coaches or staff came out and told the media that they have full confidence in him. Peter was left with heaps of criticism and zero support by his own team.

^
Spot on. I still can't believe they expected something from Campese/Wal vs Thurs/Locky. Seriously. HUGE gamble.

So good news is that even though we've lost petero and ben, they've lost weyman. ha, their only prop forward that made metres forward instead of backwards.

Coxy said:
The obvious captaincy choice for experience was Bailey. But as we saw, he played one game and got injured. He's no guarantee to be there all series, and he's older than sin.

Dare I say it....Gallen?
Pretty sure he's my age, 28, maybe 29 tops!! Not that old for a footballer, especially when you consider the ages of the QLD props...and also considering Gidley is about 27.

Ha, he must be like 40-20...looks 40 aged 20.

Yeah I remember hearing his age when he was only about 24 and praying that I didn't look as bad as he did for his age considering I was the same age!

Gidley is 27!?!?!?!

Swear to god, he looks like a 19 year old sometimes.

Must be a requirement for prop in NSW. Weyman is only 23 - 24

Gidley is 27!?!? It feels like he's been in the game for agggggggggggges though. He's a decent footballer but Hayne's better at FB imo.

lockyer47 said:
Gidley is 27!?!? It feels like he's been in the game for agggggggggggges though. He's a decent footballer but Hayne's better at FB imo.
I used to think he and his brother were the same person...when they said he'd never played origin til last year I was confused. lol. it does seem like he's been around forever.

Desperate New South Wales are searching for new halves, with halfback Peter Wallace and five-eighth Trent Barrett expected to be overlooked for State of Origin III against all-conquering Queensland.

The contenders are lining up with veterans Brett Kimmorley and Matt Orford vying for the No.7 jumper, while Jarrod Mullen and Jamie Lyon are closing in on No.6.

Kimmorley has lots of support. His form this season at the Bulldogs has been career-best, while Lyon was brilliant at five-eighth last year in Manly's premiership success.

If Lyon is switched from centre, Josh Morris and Michael Jennings could be the new three-quarter pairing, with Canberra's Joel Monaghan struggling to hold his spot for the Brisbane match.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 93,00.html

IMHO, that is a STUPID decision from the NSW selectors. what does that make now 14 or 15 halves combinations over 4 years. Gould said it as well the wont win an origin series if they do that. they seem to be blaming all their problems and every loss on the halves, rather than their powderpuff forwards.

They are talking about bringing in Orford or Kimmorley for game 3 and i think this is a BAD call. a dead rubber is the perfect time to bring in the younger players to get a feel for origin footy and prepare them the future not use older players that won't be round in a year or 2.

LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A MAROONWASH
[icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • heartly87
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrRobot
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.