NSW Team...

QUEENSLANDER said:
hunt is more of a utliity than morris. hunt can fill in adequately at lock, 2nd row... i wouldnt say he did a good job at 6 last year, nor at centre this year, but still, he can play more positions than morris lol!
yep, dumbass nsw selectors don't realise that though. [eusa_doh [icon_evillaugh

The Rock said:
WTF. This is getting VERY strange now.

I have NFI where Morris is going to come in. He'll play 20 minutes max though.

Morris comes on, Barrett to Lock, Gidley to 5/8, Hayne to Fullback. Or, depending on how things are going, Monaghan might even come off for Morris as a straight swap.

God help our souls if we get any injuries during the game though.
What a waste of a replacement that would be. The only way it could work in theory is to reshuffle the entire team when Morris comes on, and that's just a pointless exercise.

Maybe they'll bench Gids & have this starting line up
1 Hayne
2 Monas
3 Morris
4 Lyon
5 Williams

14 Gidley

It's the only thing that makes sense. Except Gidly is their captain. (LOL!)

-----

If you lose, definitely need to say goodbye to the selectors & coach! I think you need a non-club coach as the Head Coach and a current-club coach as Assistant Coach. Like QLD have. It's the perfect balance.....

The only way i can see Morris being useful on the bench is if one of their wingers or centers goes down injured... although i don't rate Hornby he probably would have been their best choice for a utility or possibly even Ennis.

That 1- 5 is a much better looking team, but as u said, they cant bench their captain... can they? lol

QUEENSLANDER said:
That 1- 5 is a much better looking team, but as u said, they cant bench their captain... can they? lol

I also think that Gidley is probably their best player too... IMO he needs to be their the entire 80 mins

And Gidley's just as un-versatile as Morris. It would just be stupid.

Maybe NSW are doing this to try and lull Queensland into some sense of ultra complacency?

Wiht all these strange changes NSW have made QLD should win, but this has the makings of an origin fairytale. NSW with an interrupted preperation, losing players etc and then going on to win on wednesday with a team of no names against one of the best QLD team ever. If it happened to QLD I could see us coming out and blowing nSW away, so im a little scared of the Blues on Wednesday. Im sure mal would be ramming home the fact that complacency could cost us the game, but still I think we have to wary. I just hope im wrong and we smash to the blues all over ANZ stadium!!

ROFLCOPTER!

Let's do the backline shuffle midgame!

Foordy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

I also think that Gidley is probably their best player too... IMO he needs to be their the entire 80 mins
That gives me a happy memory, remember in the last game when Gidley was waiting for the ball to go dead in goal, but it didn't and he picked it up, and his foot was in touch...

Good times, good times 8-)

and then...when he went to field the bomb and pass it off to make a miracle try he didn't and dropped it, and then qld scored. Lol....good times...good times.

Poor gidley. [icon_non [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
mrslong said:
Foordy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

That gives me a happy memory, remember in the last game when Gidley was waiting for the ball to go dead in goal, but it didn't and he picked it up, and his foot was in touch...

Good times, good times 8-)

and then...when he went to field the bomb and pass it off to make a miracle try he didn't and dropped it, and then qld scored. Lol....good times...good times.

Poor gidley. [icon_non [icon_lol1.

W...o....w.

He had a bad game - big deal. He's a quality player, and if NSW win you can assure that Gidley will be one of the best players on the field.
what's world of warcraft got to do with anything?

and aren't I allowed to remember good times?

This is MOST entertaining! I haven't seen NSW in such disarray since they were decimated by injuries in the week before the 1998 decider, which Qld won convincingly, in Sydney.

If NSW lose I do hope they keep the same coach and selectors, they've been serving Qld well the last few years [icon_lol1.

On the other hand it makes me a bit nervous -Qld basically have no excuse to lose. If they do, there should be a Royal Commission into their attitude.

The only way to use Morris is Hayne to FB Gidley to hooker and Morris to wing but like Rock said it leaves them open to an injury to Gidley or more likely Farrah with his rib cartilidge. Also I would have thought after the success of Wing up the middle they would have wanted fresh legs going at our big forwards not Gidley coming into half as Farrahs replacement.

I heard the same interview as mrslong on ABC with Daley about the replacements and it was laughable. He made it sound like rocket surgery. Very confused young man that Laurie.

Hopefully Farah's ribs are really tested out, I don't think he will last.

Je$ter said:
Michael Crocker will be on the job! 8-)

The Rock said:
Laurie is an absolute joke. He was the one who pushed for James McManus in the first game.
Also Gus and Sterlo were pushing his barrow, Gus kept saying he has a right body type for SoO. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. yet another example of how these NSW guys are complicating things. FFS just pick the best guys and give them a decent go at it.

mrslong said:
Je$ter said:
Michael Crocker will be on the job! 8-)

Yeh wouldn't be surprised if Crocker started hey, get him targeting Farah and eliminate him from the contest. Thaiday is much better impact anyway.

Gee the Blues are shit [icon_lol1.

And I know Channel 10 is generally unreliable, however, they have said it is likely that Gidley will be benched [icon_lol1.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Culhwch
  • MrRobot
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Yem
  • Battler
  • Gaz
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • LittleDavey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.