NSW Team...

The Rock said:
Jeba said:
And I know Channel 10 is generally unreliable, however, they have said it is likely that Gidley will be benched [icon_lol1.

Benched?

How the fark can you BENCH your captain! [eusa_doh If he needs to be benched then he shouldn't be captain! Absolutely ludicrous!

Why not? If the best use of a player is as a bench utility, why should that count against him getting the captaincy? Any captain that is a forward is also likely to spend a lot of time on the bench, so the only difference is that Kurt won't be leading them out at the start of the game.

dukey said:
Why not? If the best use of a player is as a bench utility, why should that count against him getting the captaincy? Any captain that is a forward is also likely to spend a lot of time on the bench, so the only difference is that Kurt won't be leading them out at the start of the game.

Well he can lead them out for the anthem, he just has to go to the bench when it kicks off.

It's lose-lose either way. Either the in-form fullback of the comp starts off the bench playing hooker or he moves there midway through the game and has nowhere near the same impact a fresh Craig Wing would have off the bench. Meanwhile they have Morris on the wing doing nothing. They could have selected Ennis, he might not be as versatile as Wing or Gidley but NSW won't lose anything if he comes on at hooker and gives Farah a rest. Or Preston Campbell, one of the most dangerous players in any position IMO, although his size does work against him.

Just goes to show, NSW selectors:

fail2.jpg

The selectors do need a good kick up the backside. It's astounding that coaches and players have their heads on the chopping blocks at all times, but the selectors don't. There are a lot of better players that could've been picked over Barrett, Williams, and Morris. As long as Hayne plays at 1 and Gidley at 14 this side is salvagable.

Gidley is the best choice for captain, but he's also the best utility available. It makes no sense to weaken the team by playing him in a different position; likewise it would be cruel to strip him of the captaincy simply because he's needed on the bench.
And leading on the field is only a small part of what the captain should be doing. He should be setting an example in training, in preperation for the match, in how he deals with the public and media, in his attitude and approach to the game, etc.
Of all the guys in the side I can't pick one who I'd rather have as captain, but I also can't pick one who I'd have as utility.

The Rock said:
Because it demoralises what a captain should be about. It's embarrassing.

Sure is, but you know the funny thing? The NSW selectors would probbaly do something this stupid.

If they lose this game, they should get rid of all the selectors ASAP. I've always wondered what the point of having selectors is anyway. At the end of the day, the coach is the one responsible for how the teams peforms, and is usually the one to take the fall, but he doesn't have the final say in what team he gets.

Get rid of the selectors, and allow the coach to pick the team he wants. Then he is the one who shoulders all the responsibility for how the team performs.

Now the Blues are talking about dragging Wallace if he isn't playing the house down after 40 mins.... Bellamy has no clue he really isn't a good coach he just has great cattle at the Storm..

That is such an asshat thing to do to a young player. Way to go Bellamy, place all the responsibility on his shoulders and set him up to fail. You twat.

It makes me glad Bellamy didn't end up coaching the Broncos.... If they do end up dragging Wallace it could destroy his confidence big time and he may play poorly for the Broncos

lynx000 said:
That is such an asshat thing to do to a young player. Way to go Bellamy, place all the responsibility on his shoulders and set him up to fail. You twat.
+1
asshat

The Rock said:
*sigh*.

I am feeling less and less confident now. [icon_thumbs_do If we happen to win, bloody hell it's going to be awesome! You guys will never live it down. Ever. If the Blues win, it'll be the biggest upset ever.
nah, it won't compare to 1995, but it will be the 2nd biggest upset ever.

It will be a great victory if they can pull it off Rock. One well worth crowing about for some time. I still like our chances of wrapping it up, although I for one would not be counting NSW out.

If NSW was to win, it wouldn't mean anything unless they won the series.

Beads6 said:
It makes me glad Bellamy didn't end up coaching the Broncos.... If they do end up dragging Wallace it could destroy his confidence big time and he may play poorly for the Broncos

On the other hand I would back Wallace to be more motivated to show Bewllamy what a tosser he is.

Dexter said:
Beads6 said:

On the other hand I would back Wallace to be more motivated to show Bewllamy what a tosser he is.

Yeh it could go either way.. For QLD I hope he gets dragged but for the Broncos I hope he gets MOM.

Angry New South Wales selectors have finally fired back at growing calls for their sacking, describing claims from some critics as "ill-informed" and "totally outrageous".

Several former greats are demanding the four-member Blues panel of Bob Fulton, Laurie Daley, Bob McCarthy and Geoff Gerard be dumped if Queensland win a record-breaking fourth successive State of Origin series on Wednesday night at Homebush's ANZ Stadium.

But Fulton and Daley told The Daily Telegraph why Queensland have been dominant since 2006 and took aim at calls for their sacking from former players Phil Gould, Ben Elias and Brett Kenny.

The selectors - paid an honorary sum of $1000 a series - were quick to deny ever formulating an official strategy stating NSW would implement a youth policy this series.

"Some of the comments made, like we earn $100,000 a year, are totally outrageous," Fulton said. "They are coming from ill-informed people. They know who they are and they are the same people who think the selectors pick the coach.

"We obviously don't.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 93,00.html

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I find that comment from Fulton "we obviously don't" pick the coach very interesting.

As I have said earlier I can't wait for the fallout between officials, coach and selectors but I thought they would wait to see if they lose first.

Fulton is clearly positioning Bellamy as the fall guy here already. [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

NSW are just rock solid from top to bottom .

Dexter said:
I find that comment from Fulton "we obviously don't" pick the coach very interesting.

As I have said earlier I can't wait for the fallout between officials, coach and selectors but I thought they would wait to see if they lose first.

Fulton is clearly positioning Bellamy as the fall guy here already. [icon_evillaugh [icon_evillaugh

NSW are just rock solid from top to bottom .
mrburns.jpg

HAHA I love that! It's true though, the coach pretty much picks the team, the selectors really don't get a choice, they wanted kimmorely in city-country and he still wasn't chosen which pretty much proves it. With tools like Dailey being the super mastermind behind NSW it's no wonder they are failing.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.