NYC Finals Week 1 - Cowboys vs Broncos

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
North Queensland Cowboys v Brisbane Broncos
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 12 September 2015
Kickoff 5:15pm

Referees: Jon Stone, Phil Henderson; Sideline Officials: Belinda Sleeman, Anthony Elliott; Video Referees: Chris Butler, Steve Folkes;

1420530280.png

1. Kayln Ponga 2. Gideon Mosby 3. Akeripa Tia-Kilifi 4. Conor Carey 5. Scott Schulte 6. Kyle Laybutt 7. Cooper Bambling 8. Viliame Kikau 9. Brandon Smith 10. Braeden Uele 11. Coen Hess 12. Temone Power 13. Jordan Kenworthy
Interchange: 14. Mitchell Dunn 15. Kieran Quabba 16. David Munro 17. Ross Bella 18. Bill Cullen 19. Trey Kemp
1420536256.png

1. Paul Byrnes 2. Nikau Terupe 3. Jordan Drew 4. Jarryd Dodd 5. Dan Russell 6. Will Brimson 7. Logan Spaander 8. George Fai 9. Jayden Berrell 10. Keegan Hipgrave 11. Lachlan Lanskey 12. Alex Barr 13. Jai Arrow
Interchange: 14. Kalolo Saitaua 15. Sam Gee 16. Keenan Palasia 17. Sam Lavea

Last edited:
Game will be telecast on Sunday at 7:30am.

Thanks FoxSports.

The injury to Ash Taylor has really put a damper on the Broncos chances. I think they'll really struggle against the Cowboys and it will really take something special for them to challenge in the finals.

This is a monumental task for the Broncos; Cowboys lost the minor premiership last week. They'd won 13 straight and been in great form but rested four players and it cost them.

Broncos coming off two losses and lost their halves. Hess and Ponga are returning and they're the two leaders. Drew is back for the Broncos to add some expierence.

Ponga is the man for the Cowboys he's been terrific since round 20 I've been super impressed. Huge ability to break tackles. Arrow for the Broncos I think has been suffering at the moment; from doing too much. He's taken on responsibility with guys missing and been doing a lot of work but I think the quality has slipped. Not sure what the answer is because it's great he's trying to do more but the other guys need to take some more responsibility. Bynes and Arrow are the key for Brisbane.

Palasia came in at 7
Lanskey 8
Su'a 11
Fai 14
Collins 17

I really think the coach needs to look at team selection and pick the right boys to do the job.

Last edited:
i managed to get to the game last night and caught the replay this morning.
arrow and hipgrave were the clear 2 best and there work loads were really good.
i was glad to see collins again last night, he has first grade written all over him. those carries of his were enormous.
worrying thing for me is in relation to hipgrave and arrow, hipgrave is only 18 but he already looks like he has fully developed so im not sure if there is much else to come from him ( sort of reminds me of a young kurtis lingwoodock) hipgrave also needs to work out the difference of playing smart and aggressive or his typical way of aggressive and selfish.
as for arrow, there is no doubting his heart or commitment but if you look carefully at his thighs and through to his hips he is very heavy which is a major concern. i could well be wrong but its a worry for mine.
one last thing, nikau te rupe... for a bloke his size he needs to get involved. he was like a frightened lost dog hiding on the wing last night.

Would've loved to have seen how the team responded at 24-30 in the last fifteen or so with Taylor and JNik in the team. Only caught that last section but they must have played ok to get to that point considering the outs?

From what I saw, I thought Berrell deputised pretty well in the halves, and for a moment I believed we could upset the Cowboys, until they scored their last try against the run of play. We probably could've survived the loss of one, but not both halves for the season...

We sat next to Ash Taylor on Saturday night in the crowd and he said it was only ligament damage in his hands rather than any fractures and that he was getting his cast/guard off his hand this week and wanted to have a crack at playing this week coming. I would say he is long odds as he was showing with his good hand how much movement he has in his bad one. Seemed like a decent young bloke though....

Team of the year named at 8:30 this morning in Sydney. Press conference at HQ.

From what I saw, I thought Berrell deputised pretty well in the halves, and for a moment I believed we could upset the Cowboys, until they scored their last try against the run of play. We probably could've survived the loss of one, but not both halves for the season...
Berrell missed a chunk of the second half after a big hit right on halftime

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.