Oates tells Bennett he wants to play in the forwards

Walters has also said that Oates will not be chosen in origin as a winger. He will only be picked as a forward.

He has had surgical repair on at least twenty occasions. Both his knees are stuffed, has a bung shoulder and a crook back. Not to mention a staph infection which very nearly killed him. The fact that he is still playing just shows how tough the kid is. But this guy isn't going to have a long career. It could end at any second.

wow, sounds like dooms day is coming. in regards to his staph infection, that can happen to anyone who has surgery/goes to hospital.
i think your comment is pretty ordinary about oates not having a long career - he has already played over 90 first grade games.
just like any player, their careers could end at anytime!!!!

Turn it up. If you were employed in a job for a role but got shunted to another because of lack of options, but ended up being a superstar in that new job...surely you’d at some point go hey boss I’ve done what you asked but I’d like to go back to the job you hired me for please.

Last I checked Corey wasn’t hired as a winger!

Just because he’s good at the second job doesn’t mean that’s what he wants to do or remain doing.

Walters has also said that Oates will not be chosen in origin as a winger. He will only be picked as a forward.

Why? Did he give any explanation?

I remember Kev saying that but it confuses me - What if Otes is the form winger of the NRL for the first half of the year? Why should he not be picked for QLD as a winger?

If Oates does get moved in my eyes he needs to be run on otherwise he may as stay on the wing.

Why? Did he give any explanation?

I remember Kev saying that but it confuses me - What if Otes is the form winger of the NRL for the first half of the year? Why should he not be picked for QLD as a winger?

I don't think Bennett was happy with Walters undermining his decision to play Oates as a winger..

He just believes he's a forward so refuses to pick him on the wing with the likes of Holmes, Gagai and Boyd available.

Reading some of the stuff on here cracks me up. Corey Oates has played an above average amount of games for someone his age. Who are you to say he's career will end in a season or 2. Let the man prove himself if he doesn't offer him wing position for 2 years if he's not keen let him walk.

Turn it up. If you were employed in a job for a role but got shunted to another because of lack of options, but ended up being a superstar in that new job...surely you’d at some point go hey boss I’ve done what you asked but I’d like to go back to the job you hired me for please.

Last I checked Corey wasn’t hired as a winger!

Just because he’s good at the second job doesn’t mean that’s what he wants to do or remain doing.

Last I checked he was hired to play for the Broncos in whatever position the team needs and/or the coach seems fit, like all our players.

For more information see Josh Hoffman’s career.

Last I checked he was hired to play for the Broncos in whatever position the team needs and/or the coach seems fit, like all our players.

For more information see Josh Hoffman’s career.

Not his fault he can't spell, it is the education system's...or pretty much anyone not named Josh Hoffman. He thought he was signing on as a professional whinger, it wasn't until he got put on the wing he realised the education system had failed him in terms of being able to spell.

Not his fault he can't spell, it is the education system's...or pretty much anyone not named Josh Hoffman. He thought he was signing on as a professional whinger, it wasn't until he got put on the wing he realised the education system had failed him in terms of being able to spell.
Out of all your dad jokes, that was the funniest hahaha!

Reading some of the stuff on here cracks me up. Corey Oates has played an above average amount of games for someone his age. Who are you to say he's career will end in a season or 2. Let the man prove himself if he doesn't offer him wing position for 2 years if he's not keen let him walk.
Seriously, what's with the you against the masses attitude? No one gives a **** mate, just argue directly with whoever you disagree with. This isn't gang wars, it's a forum with individuals who have different opinions.

THis is the exact same situation as with all the other players. He wants to play in the forwards. He isn't really threatening us or anything, and neither was Hoffman or Norman or whatever. It's up to the Broncos to decide what they want to do. We'll either give him a chance or he'll go. It's no big deal.

Seriously, what's with the you against the masses attitude? No one gives a **** mate, just argue directly with whoever you disagree with. This isn't gang wars, it's a forum with individuals who have different opinions.
Get over yourself, I'm just saying what's wrong with Oates wanting to prove himself.

Get over yourself, I'm just saying what's wrong with Oates wanting to prove himself.

All he is asking is you address your outrage towards the people making those statements, rather than the broad swipe at the entire forum that you tend to do. There is a quote button for a reason.

All he is asking is you address your outrage towards the people making those statements, rather than the broad swipe at the entire forum that you tend to do. There is a quote button for a reason.
What are you guys talking about, I literally said some of you fellas crack me up on here. What is wrong with that? Haha!

THis is the exact same situation as with all the other players. He wants to play in the forwards. He isn't really threatening us or anything, and neither was Hoffman or Norman or whatever. It's up to the Broncos to decide what they want to do. We'll either give him a chance or he'll go. It's no big deal.

Agreed. The difference when it came to Hoffman was he'd proven his shitness in the 1 and the 6 a number of times.....he had his chance and failed. His future with us was on the wing or in the centres. With a different attitude, he could have been great.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.