NEWS Ofahengaue faces three-game ban

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Things have gone from bad to worse for Brisbane with Maroons forward Joe Ofahengaue staring down the barrel of a three-game ban for a shoulder charge.

He has been handed a grade-one charge but due to two previous incidents and carry-over points, he would miss three games if he unsuccessfully challenged the judiciary.

If he enters an early guilty plea for the 73rd-minute tackle on Gold Coast prop Sam Lisone, Ofahengaue will get a two-match ban.

Brisbane teammate Corey Oates is facing a fine from $550-$750 after being charged with contrary conduct over an incident involving a match official five minutes from full-time in the loss to the Titans.

Oates was charged after delivering a verbal spray to referee Peter Gough which led to him being sin-binned. Gough told Broncos captain Alex Glenn the winger was close to being handed a straight send-off for his actions.

How the **** was that a shoulder charge ??

Another large chunk of money on the sidelines.

I'd fight it . if that's classed as a shoulder charge , then how the **** are you supposed to make a front on tackle.

I said in the other thread i'd be shocked if you can't find 5 more like that or worse across the comp this weekend that went and will remain unpunished.

The club needs to just stop copping this bs.

We won't miss him but that isn't the point.

Tommy Turbo can shoulder charge a try attempt with no repercussions, our bloke makes a front on chest tackle and cops 3 weeks.
Get well and truly fucked NRL.

The difference is that Trbojevic used his left arm to wrap around Coates, Ofahengaue left his right arm pinned.

Su'A is the better example here, but an argument was made that he attempted to use his other arm.

For me, both are out and out shoulder charges but they made such a dog's breakfast of it in 2017 you can still execute one legally if you know what to do.

It's like how you can commit an obstruction legally if you know what to do.

Moderators... Can this be added to the "conspiracy 101" thread and the thread be be renamed to something like "evidence.. or very, very inconsistent findings that the Broncos seem to consistently be on the bad end of"

Last edited:
Great another week another injury and suspension. =)

Who cares, a forfeit next week would at least do a better job.

Can the NRL give him a 300 match suspension by any chance?

Help us out, just a bit?

The difference is that Trbojevic used his left arm to wrap around Coates, Ofahengaue left his right arm pinned.

Su'A is the better example here, but an argument was made that he attempted to use his other arm.

For me, both are out and out shoulder charges but they made such a dog's breakfast of it in 2017 you can still execute one legally if you know what to do.

It's like how you can commit an obstruction legally if you know what to do.
If that's a shoulder charge, then this game can get fucked.
[automerge]1593341179[/automerge]
Can the NRL give him a 300 match suspension by any chance?

Help us out, just a bit?
Yeah cause he's so much worse than anyone else in our team.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • LGH
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • ettybay
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Battler
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.