Off-Season

Ffs, when did I make out Isaako was 'good'?

Unless I was drunk I've always maintained Isaako is a competent nrl player who I believe might have more to offer if given a fair chance. I've never missed his mistakes( his actual real mistakes not the totally unreal bullshit like him travelling 15metres in under a second to get his body under the ball in a dramatic trysaving speccy )

That game you mentioned was a perfect example with one fuckstick on here claiming Isaako was personally responsible for letting in four tries! Isaako makes mistakes but most of the time he's pretty damn good but just like Darius Boyd( who had a good final season) Isaako is the official scapegoat.

So if you aren't saying he was "good" whats your problem with people saying basically he shouldn't be playing because he isn't good? I can see why people have an issue with him. His defence last year was shocking. IIRC, he missed something like 35 or 40 tackles out of the 60 or so he made. Thats atrocious really by anyones standards and the other aspects of his game arent good enough to make up for that. I dread to think how many times he kicked the ball out on the full from a kick off.

I'd have to go back and look at the Dragons game. I certainly remember he was badly at fault for the try before half time. My memory of the game was he was abysmal and got hooked.

Oh, you really believe I haven't seen Isaako's blunders, his occasional misses?

The difference with me is I usually see the whole package, warts and all. There's the rub. I see faults and failures but I'm not missing the successes. The problem with many scapegoaters on here and elsewhere is that they cannot point to anything good at all, they simply don't process it because they truly believe they have nothing to learn or haven't missed a thing.

I'm actually saying many aren't doing this wilfully, they just don't realise they haven't seen everything or valued/judged everything properly. I mean their brain is in reality stopping them from viewing things as they truly are such is the power of their bias/preconceptions.

I picked Oates, Isaako and Kennedy to make the team yet few others agreed. Most didn't have Kennedy in the top 20, most believed Isaako would miss out, most thought the same of Oates.

I don't think he's a scapegoat, we don't lose because he made a mistake but it certainly doesn't help. We know the issue our team has, we lose momentum in a game and we don't have the control in our spine to get it back. I'd love to see a stat on how many games we looked the better team in the grind but when it comes down to not making an error, we somehow always come up with one and for the reason I just explained, it completely swings the game. It's not Isaako's fault our halves suck or our team can't defend an error but if he could clean that part of his game up, it would instantly make us a better team. He's proven he can't do that and fans are fed up with that.

Unless I was drunk I've always maintained Isaako is a competent nrl player who I believe might have more to offer if given a fair chance. I've never missed his mistakes( his actual real mistakes not the totally unreal bullshit like him travelling 15metres in under a second to get his body under the ball in a dramatic trysaving speccy )

That game you mentioned was a perfect example with one fuckstick on here claiming Isaako was personally responsible for letting in four tries! Isaako makes mistakes but most of the time he's pretty damn good but just like Darius Boyd( who had a good final season) Isaako is the official scapegoat.

Darius Boyd was a meme in his final year, let's clear that up right now. The best part about Darius' final season was the fact that it was his final season.

Darius Boyd was a meme in his final year, let's clear that up right now. The best part about Darius' final season was the fact that it was his final season.
A classic case. You are the person I described. Blind.

A classic case. You are the person I described. Blind.

I was taking you seriously until you said Darius Boyd had a good last season, you had me really going there.

I don't think he's a scapegoat, we don't lose because he made a mistake but it certainly doesn't help. We know the issue our team has, we lose momentum in a game and we don't have the control in our spine to get it back. I'd love to see a stat on how many games we looked the better team in the grind but when it comes down to not making an error, we somehow always come up with one and for the reason I just explained, it completely swings the game. It's not Isaako's fault our halves suck or our team can't defend an error but if he could clean that part of his game up, it would instantly make us a better team. He's proven he can't do that and fans are fed up with that.
That's just it though, at least with Isaako. He DOES DO a lot of great clean up and that's the part most don't see. They observe but don't see.

He did. He was one of our best. If the rest put the effort in like he did we would have finished mid table.

You've really chosen some horrible players to hitch your wagon to over the years.

Post-Bennett Darius Boyd
Brodie Croft
Jamayne Isaako

Admittedly, I think Isaako has been unfairly criticised at times as well, but the other two are completely indefensible. Your fandom of Croft seems to have diminished slightly now that he's been shipped off to the Super League at the age of 24, perhaps the rest of the NRL agreed with our opinions of him.

The difference with me is I usually see the whole package, warts and all. There's the rub. I see faults and failures but I'm not missing the successes. The problem with many scapegoaters on here and elsewhere is that they cannot point to anything good at all, they simply don't process it because they truly believe they have nothing to learn or haven't missed a thing.

I'm actually saying many aren't doing this wilfully, they just don't realise they haven't seen everything or valued/judged everything properly. I mean their brain is in reality stopping them from viewing things as they truly are such is the power of their bias/preconceptions.

I picked Oates, Isaako and Kennedy to make the team yet few others agreed. Most didn't have Kennedy in the top 20, most believed Isaako would miss out, most thought the same of Oates.

Sometimes the naysayers just argue a little bit too sweetly if you know what I mean.

You've really chosen some horrible players to hitch your wagon to over the years.

Post-Bennett Darius Boyd
Brodie Croft
Jamayne Isaako

Admittedly, I think Isaako has been unfairly criticised at times as well, but the other two are completely indefensible. Your fandom of Croft seems to have diminished slightly now that he's been shipped off to the Super League at the age of 24, perhaps the rest of the NRL agreed with our opinions of him.
Yes, I could have believed too much in Croft but I still believe he wasn't our biggest problem and subsequent performances reinforced that belief. He was perfectly capable of being player enough for us.

Boyd is not an issue and wasn't where we were failing. His last season was good but he had poorer preceding seasons. He too was a scapegoat and more often than not unfairly criticised.

You forgot Kennedy on your list.

Isaako has not cost us games. Ridiculous claim. Tissue thin defence and a poor team are responsible, not Isaako. It's typical though, true BHQ. Scapegoat must be found so for you and others it's Darius Isaako.
I won't forgot the dragons game where issako meandered to push a ball dead, and dufty darted for a try. The game or season wasn't on the line, but the attitude was so poor. It was all so elemental.

Epitome of rocks n diamonds player. His Dufty sin, was on the the back of a number of dropped kick returns that all resulted in points.
I really wanted Isaako to work. Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. His positioning in try line defence is best we have. He can rove the ruck, and be a great link man. He isn't the reason we failed as a team, but he isn't a marquee player. Like Milford, he's a great downhill runner; goes missing when you need him most.

We've had spina bifida for an age. We keep making excuses for this player, and that player, and net result is a big loss. Too many almost players in key positions. We are a poor team. Decent forwards and that's about it.

I won't forgot the dragons game where issako meandered to push a ball dead, and dufty darted for a try. The game or season wasn't on the line, but the attitude was so poor. It was all so elemental.

Epitome of rocks n diamonds player. His Dufty sin, was on the the back of a number of dropped kick returns that all resulted in points.
I really wanted Isaako to work. Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. His positioning in try line defence is best we have. He can rove the ruck, and be a great link man. He isn't the reason we failed as a team, but he isn't a marquee player. Like Milford, he's a great downhill runner; goes missing when you need him most.

We've had spina bifida for an age. We keep making excuses for this player, and that player, and net result is a big loss. Too many almost players in key positions. We are a poor team. Decent forwards and that's about it.
That's a fairer take than most but I'll point out to you Justin Hodges. Way way worse than Isaako's clanger was a famous Hodges incident but we don't remember it like we do with Isaako. Confidence can be a fickle thing and no doubt Isaako's has been down at times and probably was on the night on question but a few bad days isn't a career as Hodges proved. He kicked on didn't he!

What I find irritating are the dummies who squeal, "give Arnold Snodgrass or Jimmy Frackaxle the number one" followed by " anyone's better than that bloody Isaako" but anyone isn't better! He's not a world class fullback but he's still a competent nrl fullback and we know that by the fact he's employed as an nrl fullback!

If I had my way I'd have him try out at 5/8 because I think he's got the skills like great footwork, a good pass, defensively solid, excellent skills with the foot, big enough, fast enough, tough enough and definitely fit. I'd love to see him more involved right in the thick of it. It’s probably why I'm a numpty fan and not a coach!

That's a fairer take than most but I'll point out to you Justin Hodges. Way way worse than Isaako's clanger was a famous Hodges incident but we don't remember it like we do with Isaako. Confidence can be a fickle thing and no doubt Isaako's has been down at times and probably was on the night on question but a few bad days isn't a career as Hodges proved. He kicked on didn't he!

What I find irritating are the dummies who squeal, "give Arnold Snodgrass or Jimmy Frackaxle the number one" followed by " anyone's better than that bloody Isaako" but anyone isn't better! He's not a world class fullback but he's still a competent nrl fullback and we know that by the fact he's employed as an nrl fullback!

If I had my way I'd have him try out at 5/8 because I think he's got the skills like great footwork, a good pass, defensively solid, excellent skills with the foot, big enough, fast enough, tough enough and definitely fit. I'd love to see him more involved right in the thick of it. It’s probably why I'm a numpty fan and not a coach!
Jimmy Frackaxle is criminally underrated

D33qSmfUEAAw7dn.jpg:large

Darius was terrible for a few years there but his final season was decent.

Ever wondered why you're a fan and not a coach or selector? Answers pretty easy actually. It’s because you cannot tell the difference between your arse and your elbow.

You simply have no idea and consequently are a very poor judge. What makes you a very poor judge is your preconceptions, your bias blocks from your view all the good stuff. It just does not register with you or should the unthinkable happen and someone points it out or you see a replay enough times to finally see through shit caked eyes something good, even excellent what do you do?

Answer. You say ' of course that's a fullbacks job' or 'so? Any fullback does that'. You are convinced you're totally correct, have weighed up all the ingredients and you know, so and so are shit and that's it, final, incontrovertible. Due to fixating on occasional errors that's ALL you see. That’s what makes you a shit judge.
I'd actually be very curious to know which people on this have any coaching experience or qualifications. I can promise you I have both and if covid didn't exist was on my way to coaching a teenage team at Easts. But by all means, tell me how I don't have a clue compared to someone who rarely watches the games live and misses everything that isn't shown on television?

Your bias and inability to understand the game of rugby league at a minute level means you struggle to see blatant mistakes that turn entire games around. Remember when you likened kicking the ball out on the full to "hitting it too well" and claimed I didn't play sport and you were wrong about that too? Maybe you should start trying to explain your theories instead of these ad hominem attacks that are about as correct as your shit opinions.

We aren't talking about his positives, which there are also many. The fact that we can't talk about his many faults without you defending him by saying we don't see the positive, which is completely untrue, I just don't discuss them, actually proves who has the bias here. Spoiler alert, it's you. He does things no professional rugby league player does regularly.

Answer me this, Huge. As someone who see's the whole package, how many home games did you attend last year? A major part of an NRL fullbacks job is positioning, did you happen to have a wide screen view of the game unavailable to anyone else? How can you claim to see the whole package if you're only viewing it on a screen. Hopefully not a phone screen though?

"He hits it too well" followed by some pseudointellectual bullshit about timing and rhythm because you are a musician when he kicks it out on the full regularly. You've defended the indefensible with one of the most ridiculous takes I have ever seen on the internet about Isaako in the past, so please don't like to people about where you actually stand on the topic.

Trying something risky and being too lazy to try can not be compared to each other. Hodges and Isaako absolutely can not be compared. You keep using the word competent, but he's actually one of the few players in this team who has shown actual incompetence recently. He simply doesn't learn from those mistakes.

Unread

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • Dee
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  • Painin the Haas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.