Off-Season

A story shared by Clarkeys Rugby League column about our very own Selwyn.

Whilst travelling back to Brisbane after the NRL All Stars game, Selwyn Cobbo was recognised by young fans.
Their experience with Cobbo was so positive that their family emailed Broncos CEO, Dave Donaghy, to share their appreciation.
“One of my son’s couldn’t resist and asked him to sign our Indigenous jerseys and Broncos hat.
“He was so polite talking to us and signing our merchandise, allowing us to take photos. He was brilliant.
“He also at the other end gave us his All Stars hat. His overall politeness and interaction with my young sons is an absolute credit to not just himself but the club,” the email read.
___

View attachment 16929
I’ve never met the kid, but I can’t say this surprises me in the slightest.

Seems like he comes from a great family and has a mature head on his shoulders.

He’s a credit to his family and himself.

Yes. They've been given talking points. Kurt brings the one percenters.
Yes, exactly! I’m not crazy right? This is a thing that’s happening?
Confirmed, Capwell's talking point (1 minute on):

I suspect Riki's will be "holding each other" (accountable).

Oates is "step up"

Confirmed, Capwell's talking point (1 minute on):

I suspect Riki's will be "holding each other" (accountable).

Oates is "step up"

Haha what a headline - We All Need to Hold Each Other

I mean sure we all need to hold each other at times.

Drinkwater also provides less game losing brain snaps.
Isaako has not cost us games. Ridiculous claim. Tissue thin defence and a poor team are responsible, not Isaako. It's typical though, true BHQ. Scapegoat must be found so for you and others it's Darius Isaako.

Isaako has not cost us games. Ridiculous claim. Tissue thin defence and a poor team are responsible, not Isaako. It's typical though, true BHQ. Scapegoat must be found so for you and others it's Darius Isaako.
This is the stuff of nightmares.

Darius made mistakes at the back when his front line made mistakes, Isaako drops sitters, hands the ball over in our twenty, doesn't chase kicks well and just flat out sucks. They were very different situations.

You can debate that all night, did he single handedly lose us games in a team sport? no, there are 16 other blokes who are just as responsible

Has he failed in his role multiple times and in the process of doing so gifted the opposition momentum that they otherwise didn't deserve? That can't be argued unfortunately, it's a resounding yes

Darius made mistakes at the back when his front line made mistakes, Isaako drops sitters, hands the ball over in our twenty, doesn't chase kicks well and just flat out sucks. They were very different situations.
Ever wondered why you're a fan and not a coach or selector? Answers pretty easy actually. It’s because you cannot tell the difference between your arse and your elbow.

You simply have no idea and consequently are a very poor judge. What makes you a very poor judge is your preconceptions, your bias blocks from your view all the good stuff. It just does not register with you or should the unthinkable happen and someone points it out or you see a replay enough times to finally see through shit caked eyes something good, even excellent what do you do?

Answer. You say ' of course that's a fullbacks job' or 'so? Any fullback does that'. You are convinced you're totally correct, have weighed up all the ingredients and you know, so and so are shit and that's it, final, incontrovertible. Due to fixating on occasional errors that's ALL you see. That’s what makes you a shit judge.

Ever wondered why you're a fan and not a coach or selector? Answers pretty easy actually. It’s because you cannot tell the difference between your arse and your elbow.

You simply have no idea and consequently are a very poor judge. What makes you a very poor judge is your preconceptions, your bias blocks from your view all the good stuff. It just does not register with you or should the unthinkable happen and someone points it out or you see a replay enough times to finally see through shit caked eyes something good, even excellent what do you do?

Answer. You say ' of course that's a fullbacks job' or 'so? Any fullback does that'. You are convinced you're totally correct, have weighed up all the ingredients and you know, so and so are shit and that's it, final, incontrovertible. Due to fixating on occasional errors that's ALL you see. That’s what makes you a shit judge.

Someone could copy and paste this and aim it at you and it would be just as effective, extremely accurate too, actually. Particularly the second paragraph.

Just replace the bit about good stuff and replace it with bad stuff, bang on the money.

Isaako isnt as bad as some are making him out to be, but he isnt anywhere near as good as you are making him out to be either. You cant deny he makes basic mistakes, such as kicking the ball out on the full, on an alarmingly regular basis. That game against the Dragons last year where we had 52 put on us he was horrendous. On the flip side, he has had a few games, like the one against the Rorters a few years ago where he was excellent. Sadly for him and us, generally he's been a bit of meh player where he has little effect on the game either way. His big saving grace and whats probably kept him in the team at times is his goal kicking.

Someone could copy and paste this and aim it at you and it would be just as effective, extremely accurate too, actually. Particularly the second paragraph.

Just replace the bit about good stuff and replace it with bad stuff, bang on the money.
Oh, you really believe I haven't seen Isaako's blunders, his occasional misses?

The difference with me is I usually see the whole package, warts and all. There's the rub. I see faults and failures but I'm not missing the successes. The problem with many scapegoaters on here and elsewhere is that they cannot point to anything good at all, they simply don't process it because they truly believe they have nothing to learn or haven't missed a thing.

I'm actually saying many aren't doing this wilfully, they just don't realise they haven't seen everything or valued/judged everything properly. I mean their brain is in reality stopping them from viewing things as they truly are such is the power of their bias/preconceptions.

I picked Oates, Isaako and Kennedy to make the team yet few others agreed. Most didn't have Kennedy in the top 20, most believed Isaako would miss out, most thought the same of Oates.

Isaako isnt as bad as some are making him out to be, but he isnt anywhere near as good as you are making him out to be either. You cant deny he makes basic mistakes, such as kicking the ball out on the full, on an alarmingly regular basis. That game against the Dragons last year where we had 52 put on us he was horrendous. On the flip side, he has had a few games, like the one against the Rorters a few years ago where he was excellent. Sadly for him and us, generally he's been a bit of meh player where he has little effect on the game either way. His big saving grace and whats probably kept him in the team at times is his goal kicking.
Ffs, when did I make out Isaako was 'good'?

Unless I was drunk I've always maintained Isaako is a competent nrl player who I believe might have more to offer if given a fair chance. I've never missed his mistakes( his actual real mistakes not the totally unreal bullshit like him travelling 15metres in under a second to get his body under the ball in a dramatic trysaving speccy )

That game you mentioned was a perfect example with one fuckstick on here claiming Isaako was personally responsible for letting in four tries! Isaako makes mistakes but most of the time he's pretty damn good but just like Darius Boyd( who had a good final season) Isaako is the official scapegoat.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Locky24
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.