Off-Season

Boys trained against the girls for the first time ever. Really interesting to watch.

I enjoyed it, should be more of it. And lol at Perreria getting stepped

Julia Robinson burnt Jordan Pereria with a nice step

I really want to see her get some open space this year and blitz the **** out of everyone. She has so much speed (check out her quads) but rarely gets a chance to show it

Watching the girls having a hitout with the boys is wholesome as ****.

Kotoni Staggs:

“I had to own what I did wrong. I’ve done that. I want to be a better person. When you get called to talk to the boss of the NRL, you know it’s serious. Andrew wanted to help me and I appreciated that. He was honest with me. I didn’t know if I’d be sacked, but Andrew told me how close I was to not being in the game anymore. That meeting really changed me and opened my eyes to the consequences if I kept stuffing up. It was a good wake-up call to realise what was on the line — and to realise I had to think twice before I acted.”​
“It has made me grow up, 100 per cent. Not everyone is perfect and people do make mistakes. The way I look at it, I realised the stupid things I’d done, but I also had to find a way to move forward from that. One of the hardest things I went through is when my mum rang me and asked what was going on. Explaining what I did wrong to my family was tough. But you can’t keep it in the back of your head all the time. But it was important that I moved on and looked ahead to being a better person. It’s a part of life when you make mistakes and you have to pay the price. It made me sit down and have a good look at myself."​
“I decided it’s not the person I want to be and I know it’s the person I am, there was a better person in myself and I wanted people to know that. I didn’t want people to see me in a negative light. I feel like I have matured through this period, but it’s easy to say that, it’s important now that I set a good example for myself and the young players coming through the Broncos club.”​
“It happened very quickly for me. Coming into the game as a young NRL player, going out can be fun and enjoyable, but at the same time alcohol can overtake you. It led me to the bad things that happened. I never thought I would be in the leadership group, but those experiences have given me another opportunity to do what I do best and set a pathway for other young kids in the Broncos system. I’ve enjoyed being one of the young leaders here. It’s been good to have my say and it’s nice when the boys listen to me and the coaches take on board what I have to say.”​
“It wasn’t easy seeing mum in and out of jail, but we are still close. She’s now living in Brisbane. I am pretty proud of myself for getting to the Broncos. Where I came from, a lot of people could have been in my position, but they went the other way and ended up in jail. With one bad decision or different choice, I could have easily gone down the wrong track and been in jail myself. It’s why I’ve set some goals and promised to keep working hard at the Broncos.”​
“Around the age of 16, I started asking questions. Growing up around my mates they always had someone to call, ‘Dad’ and I never had someone to call, ‘Dad’. It was a different life for me growing up. I said to my mum one day, ‘Who is my dad? Where is he? And what does he do?’. I ended up finding a connection to his family in Sydney. I reached out to them and they helped put me in touch with my dad, who was called Kotoni. I didn’t know what to expect the day we met. I jumped off the plane and I was walking to get my bags and there he was.”​
"I felt a bit shocked. I had Skyped him and Facetimed him, so I knew what he looked like, but all of a sudden he was standing there in front of me. Do I hug him? I didn’t know what to do. We looked at each other for a second and then he came in and we hugged each other and spoke a few words. I really don’t know how to describe the feeling, but it was nice to finally see him and put the puzzle together. We talk regularly now, we are always on social media.”​
“Deciding my future was huge. It was a close call. I almost did leave, but when I thought about going, I looked back to my time as a kid and I had set my dream to play for the Broncos. The Knights were really keen and a few other teams were interested, but it was one phone call that changed it all. I spoke to my mum and she played a massive role. My mum has moved from NSW up here for me and she loves it here. At the end of the day, I didn’t want to move somewhere and be unhappy. I’m glad I stayed here and I don’t regret the decision at all. It was the right call."​
“I’m at the club now living my dream every day and I just didn’t want to walk away from that. The Broncos have done so much for me as a person and gave me an opportunity to put the Broncos jersey on. I feel home there and they are a part of me now. It would be ideal down the track to be a one-club player and maybe captain the Broncos, but that’s a long way away. Right now, I owe a lot of people at the Broncos. I just want to be the best person and player I can be.”​

McHunt

Kotoni Staggs:

“I had to own what I did wrong. I’ve done that. I want to be a better person. When you get called to talk to the boss of the NRL, you know it’s serious. Andrew wanted to help me and I appreciated that. He was honest with me. I didn’t know if I’d be sacked, but Andrew told me how close I was to not being in the game anymore. That meeting really changed me and opened my eyes to the consequences if I kept stuffing up. It was a good wake-up call to realise what was on the line — and to realise I had to think twice before I acted.”​
“It has made me grow up, 100 per cent. Not everyone is perfect and people do make mistakes. The way I look at it, I realised the stupid things I’d done, but I also had to find a way to move forward from that. One of the hardest things I went through is when my mum rang me and asked what was going on. Explaining what I did wrong to my family was tough. But you can’t keep it in the back of your head all the time. But it was important that I moved on and looked ahead to being a better person. It’s a part of life when you make mistakes and you have to pay the price. It made me sit down and have a good look at myself."​
“I decided it’s not the person I want to be and I know it’s the person I am, there was a better person in myself and I wanted people to know that. I didn’t want people to see me in a negative light. I feel like I have matured through this period, but it’s easy to say that, it’s important now that I set a good example for myself and the young players coming through the Broncos club.”​
“It happened very quickly for me. Coming into the game as a young NRL player, going out can be fun and enjoyable, but at the same time alcohol can overtake you. It led me to the bad things that happened. I never thought I would be in the leadership group, but those experiences have given me another opportunity to do what I do best and set a pathway for other young kids in the Broncos system. I’ve enjoyed being one of the young leaders here. It’s been good to have my say and it’s nice when the boys listen to me and the coaches take on board what I have to say.”​
“It wasn’t easy seeing mum in and out of jail, but we are still close. She’s now living in Brisbane. I am pretty proud of myself for getting to the Broncos. Where I came from, a lot of people could have been in my position, but they went the other way and ended up in jail. With one bad decision or different choice, I could have easily gone down the wrong track and been in jail myself. It’s why I’ve set some goals and promised to keep working hard at the Broncos.”​
“Around the age of 16, I started asking questions. Growing up around my mates they always had someone to call, ‘Dad’ and I never had someone to call, ‘Dad’. It was a different life for me growing up. I said to my mum one day, ‘Who is my dad? Where is he? And what does he do?’. I ended up finding a connection to his family in Sydney. I reached out to them and they helped put me in touch with my dad, who was called Kotoni. I didn’t know what to expect the day we met. I jumped off the plane and I was walking to get my bags and there he was.”​
"I felt a bit shocked. I had Skyped him and Facetimed him, so I knew what he looked like, but all of a sudden he was standing there in front of me. Do I hug him? I didn’t know what to do. We looked at each other for a second and then he came in and we hugged each other and spoke a few words. I really don’t know how to describe the feeling, but it was nice to finally see him and put the puzzle together. We talk regularly now, we are always on social media.”​
“Deciding my future was huge. It was a close call. I almost did leave, but when I thought about going, I looked back to my time as a kid and I had set my dream to play for the Broncos. The Knights were really keen and a few other teams were interested, but it was one phone call that changed it all. I spoke to my mum and she played a massive role. My mum has moved from NSW up here for me and she loves it here. At the end of the day, I didn’t want to move somewhere and be unhappy. I’m glad I stayed here and I don’t regret the decision at all. It was the right call."​
“I’m at the club now living my dream every day and I just didn’t want to walk away from that. The Broncos have done so much for me as a person and gave me an opportunity to put the Broncos jersey on. I feel home there and they are a part of me now. It would be ideal down the track to be a one-club player and maybe captain the Broncos, but that’s a long way away. Right now, I owe a lot of people at the Broncos. I just want to be the best person and player I can be.”​

McHunt

That’s a generally good read, quality honestness. Nice to have someone who’s a superstar and genuinely loves the club too.

That’s a generally good read, quality honestness. Nice to have someone who’s a superstar and genuinely loves the club too.
As a fan, a fee doesn’t really interest me unless it positively impacts our salary cap.

Yep, it's great to have Pete Badel back. The nights are dark and empty when he's not on TV.

Unread

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • kman
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.